Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 11:52 AM

12,934 posts, read 9,547,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Thanks for your rundown of the bill OP! Yes, concur.

Only point to vote Rep is...you can keep your guns.

Dems or Reps, both parties are bad. But Dems will take your guns. Then civil war will erupt.

As the young people come to power, no doubt the guns will be outlawed and confiscated.

Sad that the Reps did nothing much during their last hurrah in power. It is possible we will never see another opportunity like the Reps had anytime soon...or ever again?
I'm so sick and tire of y'all with this BS, almost every Dem I know have a gun, legally. Just a talking point y'all are so programmed to spit out, that y'all don't believe that crap yourselves, but I just got to get that out there, that's what the NRA wants us to say. Start putting your money where your mouth is, and prove Dems want to do just that.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:57 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,450,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
True. There have been at least two (that I know of) lower court decisions that enjoined President Trump's order concerning DACA, and in late February the Supreme Court declined to hear cases by the White House seeking to have those decisions overturned.

As such, those that here under the DACA criteria are not, and will not, be in danger of deportation for quite a long time (although no new applications for permits to remain under DACA are being accepted; those that had permits will be able to renew them).

As to running on the issue of 'impeaching Trump': that, in my opinion, would be unwise for many Democrats seeking to overturn seats in the House or Senate.

So, of course, that is probably exactly what they will do.
I agree.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Maybe the back door promise from the (D) leaders was that if the Pres. signs the Budget then they'll stop with the impeachment threats. Even if that is the case, which I doubt, I surely wouldn't trust them to stick to their word. There are simply too many loons in the Democratic party.
and who passed this bill?

Old 03-24-2018, 12:00 PM

18,423 posts, read 9,044,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Rinos and the globalists control the spending. We didn't even see the bill before it was signed. We have no borders or birthright . We are not a nation that puts their citizens first. We will all progress to the government owning us and our paychecks. I
Correct.

When are we going to stop with all of the flag-waving patriotism BS? When are we going to stop “fighting for freedom”, when it’s really just all about the money?

Old 03-24-2018, 12:05 PM

12,934 posts, read 9,547,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh my God, this again??? Trump never said that he'd get a check up front from Mexico for the wall. Read below how he intends for them to pay involuntarily. We just need funds to get it started. Why are you and yours so concerned about the costs and who will pay for it anyway? The wall will cost $25 billion vs the over $100 billion that illegal aliens cost us. Where are your priorities? Securing our border is necessary no matter who pays for it.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf
Yes this again, and over and over as much as they like. Only thing Trump been shouting at those rallies were who is going to pay for the wall, and all y'all shout back at him, Mexico. He was feeding y'all red meat and y'all were going crazy over it. He was giving no details at those rallies, he was just saying stuff y'all wanted to hear. So keep reminding them everybody, Trump should have put his money where his mouth is.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:06 PM

33,465 posts, read 17,980,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
If $ is the driving force, then why not open the borders, let in all the illegals to flow freely and the GDP can skyrocket? Isn't this a scenario that the more illegals = more GDP?
No,more welfare. Every illegal I know is on welfare and works. The women get food stamps ,housing and free medical having more babies, and the paycheck goes for extra spending. Get educated. This is where the rubber meets the road living by Illegals.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Correct.

When are we going to stop with all of the flag-waving patriotism BS? When are we going to stop “fighting for freedom”, when it’s really just all about the money?
We fought the Brits over taxation and wanting to take our guns. It is this all over again.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:10 PM

8,478 posts, read 3,275,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Ever consider the fact that most Americans don't like far right ideology? They don't like far left either. Meeting in the middle is the only way out of this mess. That's something the Trump base seem unwilling to do.
THIS ^^^. The far right can point out oddities on the far left all that it wants but that in the end amounts to a hill of beans. The far right is marginalized with its own oddities. Americans have always been centrists ... from the time this country was founded. (That what those centrists may believe can be manipulated is another issue.)

The question is at what price. The omnibus bill is an example, as the compromise becomes about spending.

It is WHEN the truly centrist republicans and democrats do not get elected in our gerrymandered districts that the representatives compromise in a way that many Americans truly do NOT support - overspending, military expansionism.

IMHO, the extremists - on both sides - are a major part of the problem.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I’m surprised Trump didn’t veto the omnibus as a distraction to the 60 minutes Stormy Daniels’ interview.
He wanted to go play golf instead!

Old 03-24-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Those voting FOR the bill: 145 Republicans and 111 Democrats
Those voting AGAINST the bill: 90 Republicans and 77 Democrats

Doing the math ... 38 % of voting Republicans were opposed compared to 41 % of voting Democrats = About the same.

So this says most Americans got what they have historically wanted ... moderate centrist government ... but unfortunately that compromise comes at a price that concerns fiscal conservatives who often cross party lines or political ideology.

In that compromise, the GOP got the military expenditures (not to say there aren't Democratic hawks) and the Democrats got the domestic programs (though again there's some cross-over with, e.g., opioid funding supported by both parties).

The amount that we spend on the military is obscene with US-led military interventionism not a roaring success.

But the US adopted the role post ww2 and - Trump or not (heck that's one of the reasons he signed the bill) - that's still how this country operates.
Those illegals need their cost of living here paid by Uncle Sam. They laugh at Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies