Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should young women also be required to register for the draft?
Yes, both men and women should be required to register for the draft. 65 55.56%
No, the requirement should stay the same. Only men should register for the draft. 14 11.97%
None of our young people should be required to register for the draft. 38 32.48%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 03:50 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
If you feel that strongly about it.....why aren't *you* out there protecting your freedoms?
Maybe if you don't go out looking for beehives to smack around for honey, you won't have to worry about being stung.

Although I guess some would use this as "evidence" that bees are a threat, and that we'd better go out and smack around even *more* beehives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 04:23 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Maybe if you don't go out looking for beehives to smack around for honey, you won't have to worry about being stung.

Although I guess some would use this as "evidence" that bees are a threat, and that we'd better go out and smack around even *more* beehives.
I like this analogy very much. Well put.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:49 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No. I don't want their lesser physical capabilities anywhere near the military, especially combat. Women in combat degrade mission capabilities, and make units less effective.
Exactly.

I was in Vietnam with the First Infantry Division 1968 to 1969 and that was no place for a female.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:53 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Exactly.

I was in Vietnam with the First Infantry Division 1968 to 1969 and that was no place for a female.
https://www.history.com/topics/vietn...he-vietnam-war

Old 03-23-2018, 07:11 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Interesting link. Thank you for sharing that suzy.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:15 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No. I don't want their lesser physical capabilities anywhere near the military, especially combat. Women in combat degrade mission capabilities, and make units less effective.
so why do weak men have to register? women should register, if they cant do the physical work, assign them to work they can do...

like they do with men

techinically disabled and blind men have to register... whats their place in your combat role?
https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Who...h-Disabilities
Quote:
Men who have a disability and who live at home must register with Selective Service if they can reasonably leave their homes and move about independently. A friend or relative may help a disabled man fill out the registration form if he can't do it himself.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:25 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I'm still waiting to sign this "social contract" I keep hearing about...
you sign it everyday you live off of uncle sam... get out of his house if you dont like his rules

Old 03-24-2018, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Who says she's a leftie?

“The most fundamental objection to draft registration is moral…a draft or draft registration destroys the very values that our society is committed to defending.” -- Ronald Reagan
Oh, I am, and I don't make any bones about it. The thing is, I just don't believe people should be forced to sacrifice their freedom, and perhaps their lives, to fight wars we could easily have avoided in the first place. If we didn't have our fingers in so many foreign pies, we could either drastically lower taxes, which you would like, or spend that money on things like UHC, which would actually save lives instead of ending them, which I would like. Or maybe we could even do both, and wouldn't THAT be cool?

Old 03-24-2018, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
you sign it everyday you live off of uncle sam... get out of his house if you dont like his rules
I'm no AnCap, but that whole "love it or leave it" argument is a load of hooey. One of Uncle Sam's rules is that you get to speak up, even if it's to criticize those rules.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:05 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We have to take you away from your jobs and families and force you into military service to protect your freedoms and opportunities...lol you cant make this stuff up.
"Freedom isn't FREE"

If you are NOT willing to SERVE your country then your country should NOT have to SERVE YOU.

You are the typical selfish "me to generation" type, I want EVERYTHING BUT am NOT willing to do anything to get it and keep it.

There is NO such place as Utopia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies