Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 09:03 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are you suggesting that Ambassador Bolton was the "architect" of the "war on terror"? Ridiculous!

Military strength is our best protection against war. However we cannot sit and wait till there is a direct attack on our homeland, where thousands of U.S. citizens are killed, before we act. We would hope that we are not forced to take such action. But we must be ready. This is John Bolton's position.

Dick Cheney told us repeatedly Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and by extension its invasion/occupation had nothing to do with the war on terror or the greatest terrorist threat at the time. It's ridiculous to say otherwise and Bolton's support of that war was typical Neo-Con foolishness. IF he and Donny propose similar stupidity I can only hope Congress has the cojones to cut the purse strings.

Last edited by burdell; 03-24-2018 at 09:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 09:27 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They are safely in the same place as those who refused to condemn Obama's war mongering were.

You can not expect others to do what you will not do.
Seems to me that Bush was the one who got us in Iraq. Blaming a country for bombing the towers when it was mostly Arabs. Then he flew the whole family out of the country when all others were grounded. Obama had to clean up that mess just like the next Democrat will have to clean up after Trump while the Republicans are crying about the debt.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:35 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Seems to me that Bush was the one who got us in Iraq.
He did but he did not get us involved in Syria, Libya or Yemen. They both deserve to rot in hell for what they did.

BOTH.

Quote:
Blaming a country for bombing the towers when it was mostly Arabs. Then he flew the whole family out of the country when all others were grounded. Obama had to clean up that mess just like the next Democrat will have to clean up after Trump while the Republicans are crying about the debt.
Nothing was cleaned up. Eight years and we remained in Afghanistan and Iraq but thanks for jumping in to prove my point.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:49 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
I say we let him stay in office in order to continue doing irreparable harm to the GOP. Come November 2020 we can impeach him at the voting booth.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:58 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I say we let him stay in office in order to continue doing irreparable harm to the GOP. Come November 2020 we can impeach him at the voting booth.

Starting asinine wars of choice seems as likely to lead to reelection as not.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:57 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Where are you getting your information? Can you provide something to support your claim, that we have missiles already aimed at cities?

I'm talking about a real threat like that which N.Korea has made. I don't think we have threatened any country (verbally) like KJU of N. Korea has. He has bragged about attacking the West Coast of the U.S., and also Guam. Are we to wait till he actually launches? If you are in San Francisco, would you be advising the President to wait till the missiles are on their way?
Where are you living, under a rock someplace in Arizona? U.S. missile subs are on routine patrols with missiles that are designed to be targeted against foreign nations. The U.S. Military Has Submarines That Could Kill Entire Countries (Like North Korea) | The National Interest Blog

The whole world knows this why don't you?

Old 03-25-2018, 05:31 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
No, thanks. I don't read garbage from the unhinged.

Question: What if Iran or N.Korea had a nuclear armed missile aimed at your city? Would you be advising the President to wait till it was launched before taking action?
" Would you be advising the President to wait till it was launched before taking action? "

Depends on a LOT of things.

I believe in getting them THERE, BEFORE they get HERE.

I also believe we have the capability to strike down anything fired at a us before it hits us.

I believe we SHOULD "Take out" their capability to strike first WITHOUT using a nuclear bomb.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Military occupation of foreign countries and US foreign policy is what breeds terrorists. They don't just become terrorist for no reason.

If you grew up with Chinese troops in your city/town knocking down doors in the middle of the night you'd want to kill them all too.

Iraq used to have a growing middle class. Now the region is just a big empty power vacuum, thanks to the US.
"Military occupation of foreign countries and US foreign policy is what breeds terrorists..

That is your opinion which you are free to have. One which I am free to disagree.

" They don't just become terrorist for no reason."

Read your history.

I would start with Brian Kilmede's book on Thomas Jefferson.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Seems to me that Bush was the one who got us in Iraq. Blaming a country for bombing the towers when it was mostly Arabs. Then he flew the whole family out of the country when all others were grounded. Obama had to clean up that mess just like the next Democrat will have to clean up after Trump while the Republicans are crying about the debt.
"Seems to me that Bush was the one who got us in Iraq"

"
The 1993 World Trade Center bombing was a terrorist attack on the World Trade Center, carried out on February 26, 1993, when a truck bomb detonated below the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York City. The 1,336 pounds (606 kg) urea nitratehydrogen gas enhanced device[1] was intended to send the North Tower (Tower 1) crashing into the South Tower (Tower 2), bringing both towers down and killing tens of thousands of people.[2][3] It failed to do so but killed six people and injured over a thousand.[4]
The attack was planned by a group of terrorists including Ramzi Yousef, Mahmud Abouhalima, Mohammad Salameh, Nidal A. Ayyad, Abdul Rahman Yasin, and Ahmed Ajaj. They received financing from Khaled Sheikh Mohammed, Yousef's uncle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_W...Center_bombing

The presidency of Bill Clinton began at noon EST on January 20, 1993, when Bill Clinton was inaugurated as 42nd President of the United States.

Explain why Clinton signed the bill called "Regime Change in Iraq".

Explain all the quotes from DEMS on Saddam Hussein and Iraq BEFORE W. Bush was ever in the picture.

They have been posted HUNDREDS of times.

The leading dems at the time voted to give Bush the authority to invade Iraq.

The Senate Majority Leader was a DEM and he not only voted for it BUT CO-SPONSORED THE bill.

Looking at Harry Reid when he was the SML we KNOW how the SML CAN KILL ANY BILL.

The House Minority Leader, a dem ALSO CO-SPONSORED the bill in the House.

Yes Bush made the FINAL call but ONLY after YEARS of things leading up to it and with a LOT of support from the dems.

WITHOUT that dem support the bill would NOT have been passed or signed, denying Bush the authority to go into Iraq.

It NEVER ceases to amaze me how so many dems REFUSE to take ANY responsibility for things they do and say.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-25-2018 at 06:01 AM..

Old 03-25-2018, 05:58 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
More Liberal hysteria.

We survived 8 years of the corrupt Obama / Clinton years. You'll survive Trump.
At least President Obama didn't conspire to defraud, subvert, and ultimately corrupt our democracy with a certified adversarial dictator!

At least President Obama introduced 20 million Americans to healthcare, they once thought was unattainable.

At least President Obama made reasonable and responsible appointments of people who weren't criminals, warmongers, or traitors.

At least President Obama brought class and dignity to both the Oval office and our country, as well.

At least President Obama tried to bring together and thus unite Americans from diverse ethnicities and backgrounds.

At least President Obama made rational decisions with respect to foreign policy and strengthening bonds with our allies.

At least President Obama didn't have a scandalous administration that brings us almost daily embarrassment and international condemnation.

At least President Obama didn't lick the boots of any foreign leader. The very same dictatorial leader that orchestrated the subversion of our democratic electoral process...

At least President Obama was a true Patriot and an intelligent person!

If we do survive this Russian regime, it be through relentless, diligent, and proactive defensive scrutiny of every single move this most diabolical, sinister, and idiotic President makes....

Last edited by zeliner; 03-25-2018 at 06:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies