Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 05:00 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Headlines

Stephon Clark was shot eight times, mostly in his back, according to autopsy requested by his family
Washington Post

Stephon Clark shot six times in back - eight times in all - private autopsy says
Sacramento Bee

Stephon Clark shot 8 times, mostly in back, independent autopsy finds
USA TODAY

Stephon Clark was shot 7 times from behind, private autopsy finds
NBCNews.com

Autopsy shows Stephon Clark was shot in the back
CBS News

6 times, 7 times, 8 times ........ its all spin .... you expect some confusion in breaking stories .... but its no wonder the general public can not keep facts straight some days.
No spin. Simply interpretation of the autopsy findings. The actual finding was six in the back. One in the side coming from the back and one in the leg likely while going down or after being down.

And the fact is that none are consistent with facing the officers and pointing a cell phone at them. He had obviously turned away and they shot him in the back. So their story is not consistent with the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 06:37 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Did you watch the video? It's not like he had his back to them when they started shooting.
If he was still moving (and not showing his hands as ordered), it doesn't matter if his back was to them or not. He was still going to be shot.
Yes, he was. The difference is, you think that's OK.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:33 PM

1,289 posts, read 937,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Did you watch the video? It's not like he had his back to them when they started shooting.

You cannot ignore the fact that all of this is on video and then make up a story that says "They shot him in the back. He was executed."
Please share the video that shows, substantiates, what you are saying.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:43 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,259 times
Shot in the back.. So much for being a threat

Old 03-30-2018, 08:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Now that it’s been confirmed he was shot in the back (along with only having a cell phone), watch the activity in this thread start to taper off.

Only in a country with a bunch of cowards and bigots is an unarmed black man running away from the cops perceived as more of a threat than an armed white man who has murdered multiple people.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:19 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,739,513 times
Everyone here just take a deep breath and stop posting something you might regret tomorrow.
I'm reading the late edition of the "Sacramento Bee" and there is an article stating a nurse from Kaiser Permanente was fired because she posted on Facebook that the victim was stupid running from the police, and basically, he had it coming.

Freedom of speech and social media is a bad mix; keep it low - keep your job.
This isn't your fathers' Oldsmobile, (I mean USA).

Old 03-30-2018, 09:00 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,455,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Everyone here just take a deep breath and stop posting something you might regret tomorrow.
I'm reading the late edition of the "Sacramento Bee" and there is an article stating a nurse from Kaiser Permanente was fired because she posted on Facebook that the victim was stupid running from the police, and basically, he had it coming.

Freedom of speech and social media is a bad mix; keep it low - keep your job.
This isn't your fathers' Oldsmobile, (I mean USA).
The local news just posted a thread about "how you can help financially support the family" and the comments are mostly negative. (Given that while alive he didn't support his kids, why should people now--kind of thing.)

People are going through the comments, backtracking posters and trying to get them fired or in trouble with their jobs, which I find totally wrong.

At the same time, a young neighbor and her friend (both white and probably early 20s) went--or tried to go--through downtown this afternoon to get to an event being held at a store. They were surrounded by protesters who tore up their car and tried to bash the windows in to pull them out. The car's a mess, one of them is ok, one is still curled up in a fetal position and can't calm down.

And the same time that is happening, they're interviewing a female member of BLM who says their goal is to "terrify as many people as possible, because it's important for them to understand what terror feels like." And the police chief is saying that "if you hurt a protester with your car, you're going to jail for attempted murder."

What the hell kind of crap is this?

Really disgusted with my city right now.

I don't care how many times he was shot. If he was that wonderful of a person his family and friends would have made an effort to help him be a productive member of society instead of a criminal. They didn't care enough then, but they're crying on tv now.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:11 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
So now we can expect this thread to die off pretty quickly.
I have no doubt we'll see another similar thread in about a month.

When one demographic is only 13% of the population but commits the lion's share of crimes, intentional and unintentional shootings will continue to happen.

Maybe more empty gestures of kneeling before the flag during a sporting event might change something.

Last edited by Rocko20; 03-30-2018 at 09:31 PM..

Old 03-30-2018, 09:26 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Who is "THEM"?
Criminals

Old 03-30-2018, 09:27 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So he deserved to be shot 20 times and killed for an act of vandalism or theft?
To be blunt, I think this is how some people really feel about it, especially if a young Black male is involved. Do I think Stephon Clark should have been arrested and charged for vandalism and theft? Yes. Please do that. He deserves to be in prison for his crimes. He didn't need to be shot 20 times. Getting shot 20 times. You cannot say that you feared for your life. That is just plain rage, anger, and violence. There is something in America called "Cruel and Unusual Punishment". 8th Amendment.

In my opinion, I don't think it was a matter of "he deserved to be shot 20 times". I think some people look at this as "Black criminal, who cares? We feel safer if Blacks are policed more harshly than anyone else. If it means some people die, who cares?". I really do feel some people are this cold in their thought processes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies