Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 09:39 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
If he was that wonderful of a person his family and friends would have made an effort to help him be a productive member of society instead of a criminal. They didn't care enough then, but they're crying on tv now.
Family? Here's his brother, seems like a real productive member of society..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VW_htFbdEU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 09:56 PM

1,081 posts, read 548,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
Please share the video that shows, substantiates, what you are saying.
I will not post the video here but there are several news agency that have posted it. It's the helicopter thermal imaging video. I wish they would post the beginning of the chase. It's obvious in that video that the helicopter had been shadowing Stephon prior to the shoot. The longest I have seen yet is where he climbs onto the roof of a shed from the neighbors house to jump into his grandmother's backyard. At that point, he looks into an SUV then the cops approach the house. He runs to the backyard and tries to get inside. When the police round the corner, he turns back toward them, they dive back around the corner and that's when the cop says "GUN" and we all know what happens from there.
The WaPo released the mic recordings where they were asking Stephon if he was ok and that if he was hurt they would get him help but they needed to see his hands first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Shot in the back.. So much for being a threat
To the policeman that thinks you have a weapon, you are a threat until you show him your hands and stop moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yes, he was. The difference is, you think that's OK.
I did not say that was OK, it's just police procedure.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:10 PM

1,289 posts, read 938,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Family? Here's his brother, seems like a real productive member of society..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VW_htFbdEU
Yes, his name is Stevante and he is part of Stephon Clark's family. What does Stevante have to do with unarmed, fleeing, Stephon Clark receiving six gunshot wounds to his back by police officers? Draw the connection for me. Especially if according to one theory here, Stephon Clark committed suicide by cop.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:19 PM

1,289 posts, read 938,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
I will not post the video here but there are several news agency that have posted it. It's the helicopter thermal imaging video. I wish they would post the beginning of the chase. It's obvious in that video that the helicopter had been shadowing Stephon prior to the shoot. The longest I have seen yet is where he climbs onto the roof of a shed from the neighbors house to jump into his grandmother's backyard. At that point, he looks into an SUV then the cops approach the house. He runs to the backyard and tries to get inside. When the police round the corner, he turns back toward them, they dive back around the corner and that's when the cop says "GUN" and we all know what happens from there.
Why not post it? I have looked at many videos of this event from many news agencies and I do not see the part where "he turns back toward them" before "they dive back around the corner". This is what I'm eager to see if it is real. Because If I'm mistaken about what I think I see, I want to know. If you have video that shows that, post it.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:22 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Really disgusted with my city right now.
Oh, a good chunk of the state is. For the opposite reason, admittedly...

Old 03-30-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
I did not say that was OK, it's just police procedure.
Then there's a much bigger problem than just trigger-happy cops.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think some people look at this as "Black criminal, who cares? We feel safer if Blacks are policed more harshly than anyone else. If it means some people die, who cares?". I really do feel some people are this cold in their thought processes.
Certainly this seems to be the case.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:27 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,456,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
Yes, his name is Stevante and he is part of Stephon Clark's family. What does Stevante have to do with unarmed, fleeing, Stephon Clark receiving six gunshot wounds to his back by police officers? Draw the connection for me. Especially if according to one theory here, Stephon Clark committed suicide by cop.
The independent autopsy results were released today. The guy said that he was shot in the front "which probably spun him around" to get the rest of the bullets in the back.

That part oddly seemed to have been mostly ignored though.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:31 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It shouldn't, but then again there's lots of things in this world that shouldn't lead to bad consequences but do on a regular basis, so it behooves you to put the odds in your favor

I still think this guy committed suicide by cop.

He was out randomly smashing windows and probably despondent and didn't care much about anything. Seems like a guy who might be ready to end it all
Could be, did anyone ever think to get a psychological evaluation?

Old 03-30-2018, 10:42 PM

1,081 posts, read 548,816 times
I am not linking a video where someone gets killed.

If you want to find it, find the Sacramento Bee's Youtube channel.
Then: Watch: Here's what happened in the shooting of Stephon Clark
1:38 he's running to the overhang to the back of the house.
1:48 you can see he is facing the police and moving (slowly because of the picnic table) in their direction.

Whatever happened in those 10 seconds, he went from running away from to moving towards the police.

I am not saying the police made a correct assessment. Just that he had turned toward them prior to them shooting. My guess is that there is a door under that overhang that he wanted to go into. It looks like he could have kept going around the house. The police saw him coming their way and went to cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies