Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 11:24 AM

1,289 posts, read 937,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
You guys are still missing the helicopter video.
High-light this and copy then search:

Watch: Here's what happened in the shooting of Stephon Clark

They were pursing him with instructions from the helicopter. I do not think they expected him to turn back towards them. That's most likely why they cleared that corner and then had to duck back to take cover.
No, I've watched the helicopter video about a dozen times since it was released. To me it is far more linear than the body cam video. It clearly shows Stephon moving away from the police, not towards them. When he was shot he was not facing them at all. They were around the corner of the building and out of his line of sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 11:31 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
No, I've watched the helicopter video about a dozen times since it was released. To me it is far more linear than the body cam video. It clearly shows Stephon moving away from the police, not towards them. When he was shot he was not facing them at all. They were around the corner of the building and out of his line of sight.
Please regale us further about how the Sacramento Police Department have semi-auto service weapons that fire multiple times with one trigger pull!

Old 03-31-2018, 11:32 AM

1,081 posts, read 548,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
Really??? At the 1:50 mark you do not see him walking by the picnic table towards the officers?
At 1:51 you can see his leg move forward and he starts to turn away from them.
At 1:52 he falls forward onto his hands (with his right side to the police.)

Old 03-31-2018, 11:37 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Please regale us further about how the Sacramento Police Department have semi-auto service weapons that fire multiple times with one trigger pull!
Well, no doubt they have full semi-auto instead of just regular semi-auto.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:39 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Well, no doubt they have full semi-auto instead of just regular semi-auto.
Lord forbid if they have rapid fire magazines!

Old 03-31-2018, 11:40 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/22/us/sa...ing/index.html

On Sunday night, a Sacramento, California resident called 911 to report a man vandalizing homes and smashing in windows. He went outside to find his truck window smashed in. Police responded with helicopter surveillance that spotted the man, Stephon Clark, in the act of breaking windows and fleeing to a backyard.

Ground patrol followed him into the backyard and found him holding an unknown object. One officer believed it to be a weapon yelling "GUN!" and 20 shots were fired, killing Stephon Clark who had recently been released from jail and had a criminal record.

Since the man was black, the Black Lives Matters collective went into action springing mass protests. The criminal did not have a gun, and the officers made an unfortunate mistake. However, completely absent from this outrage in San Antonio was the fact that this individual was out victimizing the neighborhood and running away from police.

Where is the personal responsibility?
Just another criminal scum. Breaking people's windows and vandalizing homes is a high risk hobby. I would suggest something else next time - something less high risk, more fun, which doesn't hurt anyone.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:45 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
Statistics require something to measure against to have any real meaning. Simply stating twice as many whites are shot by police is misleading unless you adjust it for population. Several sources I looked up placed that statistic as blacks are 2.5 to 2.7 times likely to be shot and kill than whites after taking population into account.
Another user replied to this perfectly. Seems you may have merely skimmed my post and missed the point. Take the raw number of shootings and factor in their minority status as well as increased criminal offense rate.
Whites still got killed more often than blacks.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:45 PM

1,289 posts, read 937,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Yesterday Melissa Culross and Jeff Bell of kcbs (415 474-5227) interviewed Retired Police Chief Jim Bueerman, President of The Police Foundation, in connection with the Stephon Clark shooting. I listened while I was driving. It's quite possible he didn't say anything about one pull of the trigger so I'm probably wrong about that. But it was an interesting three or four minute interview re his take on several things including how so many shots could have occurred and how the multiple shots to the back will be a central part of the ongoing investigation.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:13 PM

1,081 posts, read 548,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
A guy was pulled over the other day in Conroe, Texas and then shot at the police officer.

He was arrested without a scratch on his body.

He was white.

Guess the officer didn’t “fear for his life” after being shot at. Maybe if the thug was black and had a cell phone, he would’ve “feared for his life.”
khou.com | Conroe police identify suspect who exchanged gunfire with officer during traffic stop

"Police said the officer was not hit and returned fire as Lynch sped off."

If only Stephon Clark had been able to drive away.

No details yet on how they eventually arrested him.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:20 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
khou.com | Conroe police identify suspect who exchanged gunfire with officer during traffic stop

"Police said the officer was not hit and returned fire as Lynch sped off."

If only Stephon Clark had been able to drive away.

No details yet on how they eventually arrested him.
If only Clark had actually had a freakin’ gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies