Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 09:49 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So you would allow the disabled to serve also? In what capacity?
Do we allow transgenders to have re-assignment surgery? How much of their enlistment will they be physically unable to serve due to elective surgeries? There are logistics involved. A platoon will not get a replacement because the transgender is unable to perform their duty for a month, but the unit still has its mission to complete.
I have no issue with transgenders serving if they have already had their surgery. I do have an issue with forcing the military to foot the bill and units working short handed as a result.
Who is talking about the disabled. I was talking about Trump not allowing transgenders to serve. And with warmonger Bolten we need all we can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 10:20 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Who is talking about the disabled. I was talking about Trump not allowing transgenders to serve. And with warmonger Bolten we need all we can get.
I believe that you said Trump was an idiot for banning anyone who wants to serve.
That Warmongers Clinton/ Obama team took a pretty good toll as well.
I stand by my second point as well. Transgenders should not be able to use the Military to get gender reassignment surgeries. If it is a life threatening condition without the surgery then they shouldn't be allowed to serve. WE disqualify many applicants due to pre existing conditions. Allowing transgenders their surgery on the military dime is unreasonable.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:22 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,661,296 times
SCOTUS over turn, COMING UP!!

Old 03-23-2018, 10:25 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.

A so-called "transgender" pretending to be a woman, is really nothing more than a man who has undergone voluntary genital mutilation and picked up a drug habit (hormones).

He is still a man, albeit a confused one.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:37 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
The military can be as discriminatory as they want, sadly. They discriminate against age, credit history, tattoos, criminals records, medical history, obesity, waist measurement, single parents, etc.

Adding transgenders to the list is very easy for them. The military qualification process is basically a wet dream from a religious/conservative standpoint and I say that as a person who served. Liberalism is rarely tolerated in the military, it’s all about traditional conservative values.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:59 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He's an idiot for banning anyone wanting to serve our country.
Does that go for diabetics and pregnant people too?

Old 03-24-2018, 01:03 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The military can be as discriminatory as they want, sadly. They discriminate against age, credit history, tattoos, criminals records, medical history, obesity, waist measurement, single parents, etc.

Adding transgenders to the list is very easy for them. The military qualification process is basically a wet dream from a religious/conservative standpoint and I say that as a person who served. Liberalism is rarely tolerated in the military, it’s all about traditional conservative values.
Bad Credit: No not a security risk. Not even a little? With the exception of a few, their life is a self inflicted train wreck.

Age? So how many 75 year old citizens can make it through bootcamp alive? Should we make boot easier so their isn't any stress?

Criminal records? We need convicted, rapists, murderers, thieves, pedophiles, etc? Just what do they bring to the table?

Medical history? Yes we need people with demonstrated, heart conditions, mental instability, diabetics, people with cancer etc.

Obesity? Wow Hows that 450 pounder going to do on a sub? Airborne? Cockpit?

Single parent? Who takes care of the baby wile mom or dad is deployed? The issues and challenges of single parenthood are daunting. All the more so if you are in a hostile area where family isn't allowed.

I guess we could screw everyone else over and give the cake duty to all those on your list.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:23 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Bad Credit: No not a security risk. Not even a little? With the exception of a few, their life is a self inflicted train wreck.

Age? So how many 75 year old citizens can make it through bootcamp alive? Should we make boot easier so their isn't any stress?

Criminal records? We need convicted, rapists, murderers, thieves, pedophiles, etc? Just what do they bring to the table?

Medical history? Yes we need people with demonstrated, heart conditions, mental instability, diabetics, people with cancer etc.

Obesity? Wow Hows that 450 pounder going to do on a sub? Airborne? Cockpit?

Single parent? Who takes care of the baby wile mom or dad is deployed? The issues and challenges of single parenthood are daunting. All the more so if you are in a hostile area where family isn't allowed.

I guess we could screw everyone else over and give the cake duty to all those on your list.
I'm not sure what your point is?

My point is that discrimination against transgender is on par for the course for the military.

Furthermore the requirements to serve your country are hardly perfect, since so many folks of all ranks get kicked out every year for not meeting them. And the military is having a crisis to even find folks who want to join.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Yet, so far, the military has shown little interest in doing so -based on Trump's last transgender tweet. Trump doesn't GAF about transgenders; he just wants to change the subject from the massive spending bill he just signed.

He's as predictable as my dog's bowel movements and just as enlightening.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-24-2018 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 03-24-2018, 10:12 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
btw... mental illness exists to varying degrees in many people.. doesn't mean that they are not able to do their job. But to make mental illness itself (not that trans is considered a mental illness in of itself) then a lot of people would be excluded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies