Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 09:30 AM

39,199 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I read the article where the highlighted comes from, but am not convinced that it is accurate.
If it is accurate, I think it's fair policy. However all other articles I have read on the subject do not include those exemptions. In fact some of the articles actually say that trans individuals who are currently serving may have to serve in accordance with their birth gender. So I believe we need more clarification on what exactly the terms are of this new ban and what exactly the exemptions are.
I have no ideas what it is not accurate in your opinion

The article is pretty straightforward. This is actually the extension of Obama's policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 11:46 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
So explain why transgendered are not deployable while women are? There already many trans as well as women service members. Many members will serve even in war time in non-combat positions and realistically never see combat. What makes a transgendered person unable to grab a gun and shoot just like the rest of them?

Recall this was in response to a post:
Transgender people have extremely high suicide rates. I don't think giving them a gun and putting them in high stress situations is a good idea.
I served 2 4 yr enlistments in a combat com group. Allowing someone that needs daily meds is not a good idea. Allowing people that suffer depression and suicidal thoughts is not a good idea.
Allowing someone into the military knowing they want to have expensive time consuming surgeries at the govt expense, is not a good idea.
I am ok with someone that has had the surgery, and is no longer on meds, if they can pass a very in depth psych evaluation, but there is still the high suicide and depression rate to worry about.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:32 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving

I say DFD its not my shiny button.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...erving-n859686
Is he offering them an honorable, or dishonorable discharge? Will they lose their benefits?

Old 03-25-2018, 02:40 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
This comment demonstrates the fact that there's much you don't know about people who've never identified with their sex genitalia.

They've never felt comfortable behaving the way others behave who share their same sex genitalia. As a matter of fact, most transgenders feel more comfortable behaving in a manner that more closely resembles behavior that mirrors most members who share the opposite sex genitalia.

Then there are those people who are born with genitalia from both sexes. Often times, the physical appearance indicates one sex being more pronounced than the other, but sometimes not. Sometimes, the most pronounced sex genitalia doesn't correspond to how the person thinks or feels in terms of what's socially acceptable in terms of gender.

It's not quite a digital world when it comes to "gender" or sometimes sex either....
Honestly, you’re not doing transgenders any favors by suggesting it has to do with behaviors. Behaviors aren’t necessarily binary—having to do with either a man/boy or a woman/girl.

You aren’t a woman because you like to wear dresses, and you’re not a man because you like to work on cars.

In the interest of disclosure, I don’t believe people are born the wrong gender. But, I do believe people feel like they are, and I sympathize with them. However, we’re doing a serious disservice to everyone by suggesting there is girl behavior and boy behavior.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:49 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Or, hear me out.....require ALL troops to be transgender. In fact, reinstate the draft, and in order to make up for decades of discrimination, require all troops to be transgenders. Also, they will be unarmed, in order to show solidarity with the March For Our Lives crowd. Instead of actual weapons, they will be equipped only with p ssy hats and pink dildos.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:28 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have no ideas what it is not accurate in your opinion

The article is pretty straightforward. This is actually the extension of Obama's policy.
No, I was actually questioning the validity of the article itself. Have since seen other articles saying the same thing.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:16 AM

39,199 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
No, I was actually questioning the validity of the article itself. Have since seen other articles saying the same thing.
well, then there is nothing else needs to be discussed.

This thread is based on the article. If you question the validity of the article, then nothing else needs to be discussed. shrug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies