Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 08:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Zero stores sell assault style weapons, assault weapons are not available to the public.
I can't understand why people post drivel like you did.

People can and do purchase high velocity rifles....often with (or add-on) high capacity magazines. Then they either make or buy (depending on state..or whether they bend the law a bit) ammo which is equiv or close enough to military grade.

As a result they have something quite close to the rifles that the military use. It's never been the full auto that was the point....that often results in fewer deaths per bullet (100K bullets sprayed in vietnam for each "kill")....

It's a combo of how easy they are to purchase (for sick puppies), and the high velocity bullets of various designs that liquify human organs. I've read the military reports and studies from the original tests and seen enough vids of the various ammos to be able to know that the Surgeons are correct - there is no way to save many of the victims.

The Las Vegas shooter proved that beyond a doubt - one shot kills at that speed without aiming from that distance? That's assault in my book. With a 5 shot .30 cal he wouldn't have been able to accomplish 100's wounded and dead. Any sane person would know that.

People get shot with handguns all the time and survive - multiple shots. But they don't seem to easily survive stuff like the Las Vegas dude was spewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 08:05 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Why do you pay taxes to a government that slaughters children in wars overseas?
Because unfortunately I cannot tell the government that my tax money is only to be spent on certain things.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There is NO GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE. Educate yourself, stop watching CNN. And my AR-15 IS one my personal protection guns. The Second Amendment is not about hunting!
Of course there's a gun show loophole, not in all states though. I lived in Nevada so I am very familiar with what happens there. A transfer of a gun between two individuals does not require a background check. You can rent a booth at a Nevada gun show without being a dealer and you can sell guns all day long with no background check. And it doesn't only happen at gun shows, a few years ago a Reno cop sold a gun to a 19 year old kid who had been committed to a mental hospital.
https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2014/...video/6692727/

Old 03-24-2018, 08:15 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It wasn't put together by children with their hearts in the right place. It was put together by someone who got a C- in Propaganda 101 at some Ivy League University and had a bottomless budget.
Good grief.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the 2nd amendment is very specific...the RIGHT of the PEOPLE shall not be INFRINGED
And in Heller Justice Scalia said that “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited…” Since then the Supreme Court has refused to hear any cases on assault weapon bans.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:18 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
The teenagers in the streets today are members of the post-millennial generation. The one that conservatives are convinced will be far more conservative than Gen Xers and Millennials.

I’m not seeing it.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 03-24-2018 at 08:28 PM..

Old 03-24-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Selling guns to prohibited people, or not following existing law is ALREADY ILLEGAL. I am a former FFL holder, so have been to a lot of guns shows. All sales, and purchases were done with a Form 4473, and a NICS, or PICS background check. Again, educate yourself.
nope. In 32 states, there are currently no laws — federal or state — regulating firearms sales between private individuals at gun shows or anywhere else.

https://www.thoughtco.com/gun-show-laws-by-state-721345

Old 03-24-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Home invasions, burglaries, multiple attackers. Criminals that want to do me, and my family harm either for $$$, or the fun of it. Often when a home invasion occurs it is by multiple, armed MEN with felony records who really don't care if they have to kill you to take your stuff.
And 99% of the time the victims of home invasion robberies are drug dealers.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:35 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And 99% of the time the victims of home invasion robberies are drug dealers.
Well, assuming they get the right house.

If the cops with all their technology occasionally get it wrong, is it not possible that those with less access to information might as well?

Old 03-24-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
50 years ago yes.... today..most home invaders don't care if you are home or not...they want what they want and you have......and they will take it and kill you to get it
what's even worse.... Only 13.6% of burglaries in 2014 resulted in arrests.
Wrong again...home invasion robberies are entirely different than regular burglaries. They are planned in advance and the target is not randomly chosen, the victim is almost always a drug dealer. Ordinary burglars are quite careful to make sure you aren't home at the time, they are almost never armed and they will usually flee if they find someone in the house. And of course the arrest rate is low, geezus..burglars are usually miles away before the victim realizes that their home was broken into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies