Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 04:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Anybody have any proof that Soros paid for any of this?
Follow the money!

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.o...e/george-soros

George Soros Donates $18 Million To Open Society Foundations | Fortune

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...t-communities/

Organizations Funded by George Soros and His Open Society Foundations - Discover the Networks

Think Progress: This "project" of the American Progress Action Fund, which is a "sister advocacy organization"of the Soros-funded Center for American Progress and Campus Progress, seeks to transform "progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing and advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders throughout the country and the world."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 04:48 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It's easy enough to see. Which groups put on the event and has Soros founded and/or funded them directly or indirectly, and does it work for or against his vision for the world that hey lays out plain as day in his books.

But don't take my word for it, go study the topic for yourself.
In short nobody has proof.

I have studied the topic before and it is nothing but conspiracy people that say Soros funds this stuff. Any time a perceived liberal event takes place somebody from the right claims it was all funded by Soros. No proof, just speculation.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:53 PM

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm all for strict punishment but your ideas for theft, especially for children, is ridiculous. Also your idea for drug users. Guess what? I smoke pot. If you tried to tell me that I was being shipped off to rehab for that, I'd laugh in your face, as would the majority of other pot users. The thing is, in reality, those who want to commit murder will do it even knowing the end consequences. Let's make it harder, if not impossible, for people to get to that point.
I should have been more specific when it comes to drugs. Sorry about that, I'm all for the decriminalization of pot possibly it should be legalized, treated and sold the same as alcohol. The only issue is that with pot it only serves one purpose and that is to get high. With alcohol in moderation it can be enjoyed with out getting drunk. Such as having a beer or two, glass of wine or a mixed drink. Personally I'd like to see police cars stationed outside of bars and follow their patrons out to their vehicles. You can be sure that would cut down on a lot of DUI's. As for drug users I've already mentioned that they should be sent to a rehabilitation facility not necessarily criminalized with a permanent criminal record. But on the other hand they made a personal decision to start using that crap. Same for cigarettes which have destroyed God only knows how many lives. With all that is known about them I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to start smoking. Not only that they taste like s**t , they smell like s**t and it's a disgusting filthy habit.

I had two cousins that were heroin addicts one got her act together the other one is dead. The one that died, I was pretty close to up until he got involved with all that crap. Along with his drug abuse he became a petty criminal (shoplifting, stealing purses, things like that) and then got heavily into dealing in order to support his habit. Some of the characters he was associated with would stab you in a heart beat in order to get a fix. God only knows how many crimes he and they committed in order to support their habit. He had been busted several times for dealing but never served any time. Until one day they found him dead in his apartment he had been dead for about two weeks. At that time he had been out on bail and awaiting to go on trial as he was involved in a multi million dollar drug ring. He was only 33.

As far as children stealing goes? I guess that would have to be dealt with according to their age and of course what they stole. I'm not talking about taking loose change from mommy's purse or a candy bar from a candy store. The child's parents can deal with that if they are any kind of parent. I think at age 13 they should at least know right from wrong and there should be some kind of consequences for their actions, more than just a slap on the wrist and scolding. Perhaps a few days in a juvenile detention center or even in the local jail might help. More of a scared straight kind of thing. At the very least maybe go on a field trip to a prison to see what their life will be like if they continue in the direction they're going.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:55 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
So many threads and posts attacking these kids, shows that some are nervous about what they can do. Love it.
I dont think anyone is losing sleep over these kids and what they can actually achieve in their irrational- no common sense demands. I think, people are just amazed how easy they can be manipulated by the extreme left to push their agenda.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:55 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Good video by a Parkland High Student
High School Sophomore Goes Viral For Smacking Down #MarchForOurLives With Simple History Lesson (VIDEO)

Old 03-25-2018, 04:59 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I already said in another thread that if there's a hell and you believe in that kind of thing...Hitler, Mao, and Stalin are looking up smiling as people are marching to have governments take away their natural rights.
What about the right to not have a ration fear of being gunned down by a rapid fire weapon that could have been legally purchased by an 18 year old or someone with mental illness? Marchers believe gun rights should be weighed with their impact on public safety. Conservatives believe gun rights must be held paramount irregardless of public safety, even the rights of people on terror watch lists to buy semi automatic rifles that can kill from hundreds of yards away.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:04 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
What about the right to not have a ration fear of being gunned down by a rapid fire weapon that could have been legally purchased by an 18 year old or someone with mental illness? Marchers believe gun rights should be weighed with their impact on public safety. Conservatives believe gun rights must be held paramount irregardless of public safety, even the rights of people on terror watch lists to buy semi automatic rifles that can kill from hundreds of yards away.
Conservatives, responsible gun owners dont think like your saying. And lets be honest, more people die from someone provoking another person than guns do. Guns are one of many tools people use to kill. Leaders, Politicians cause wars via words, the deadliest tool ever.

So put down the pipe buddy..
And Bolt actions can kill from farther away then semi autos. But you already knew that, and the fact that AR type rifles come in all different calibers..

Old 03-25-2018, 05:08 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
In short nobody has proof.

I have studied the topic before and it is nothing but conspiracy people that say Soros funds this stuff. Any time a perceived liberal event takes place somebody from the right claims it was all funded by Soros. No proof, just speculation.
..and you'll never go look.

No one ever gets to see what's behing the curtains if they never get off their duffs and start snooping...

Old 03-25-2018, 05:17 PM

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
So many threads and posts attacking these kids, shows that some are nervous about what they can do. Love it.
You better be careful what you wish for. Many times these things backfire, galvanize and expand the pro gun community even more. Guns and ammo usually go flying off the shelf. With the threat of a ban or talk of Australian type confiscation being bandied about. Many of those are sold to first time gun owners that have been sitting on the fence about buying a gun. Your also forgetting about those of us in fly over country where guns have played a large part of our lives, where children were brought up with firearms at a young age. While a few million attended those rallies there are probably tens of millions that didn't. Tens of millions who's families have the very same types of firearms they are trying to ban. The media conveniently ignores them as it does not suit their agenda. I guess we'll see come the mid terms?

I'm now living in the Great State of Arizona you don't find too many people here that don't love their guns and 2nd Amendment freedoms. I heard the emcee on our local radio station after the Las Vegas shooting that 10,000 rounds of ammunition and a coupla' dozen firearms meant that a trip to the local gun store was in order as you would be considered low on ammo and a few firearms short. I imagine that's true in all the other "Red" states too?

Old 03-25-2018, 05:21 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Will they march to close the border? 64,000 drug overdoses just in 2017 of mostly heroin that is coming over the border. Will Oprah fund that March that is killing many more young people? Save a life from drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies