Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 02:01 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,491,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
There's 110,000,000+ million rifles in America. Of those around 30 or 40 million (no one knows the exact number) are modern sporting rifles(ARs,AKs, etc).

No one is turning in their rifles or 30 round mags. Not going to happen.

Hogg and his ignorant 17 and 18 year old friends are clueless and are becoming America's top gun salesmen. I've made several calls to local gunstores and ARs are once again quadrupling in sales in some of the stores.

Example in CT. Back around 2014 the state wanted all "assault weapons" registered and all high cap. Mags. Declared

Of the estimated 370,000 rifles only 50,000 were brought for registration. That's 13% compliance. Of the estimated 1 million High cap. Mags. Only 40,000 were declared. That's 4% compliance. And this is in Libby CT.

Anti-gunners efforts are futile.
Gun registration DOESN'T solve crimes. It's very near zero, zip, nada. Just sayin....

It may prevent 'known' criminals from obtaining weapons, legally. But we all know criminals don't usually regard legalities.

As for Hogg, let's see if he's still in the limelight next week.... probably not.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:27 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,091,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Just like at Columbine and Parkland... Oh wait.

Just like at Pulse Nighr Club? No... That didn't work either...

Route 91 Harvest music festival? No, armed security didn't stop people from dying there either...

But hey, "only" 2 people died in Maryland. Yey? I guess that's considered progress these days.

And yeah, the story was all over the news.
Those places weren't secured buildings. Columbine cop was at lunch no?

It wasn't all over the news. MSM would be talking about it for weeks but they won't. Doesn't fit their narrative

Old 03-25-2018, 04:32 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,216,469 times
Hogg is a self aggrandizing ignoramus. He is using this to promote himself.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
They are still school kids. Young adults of voting age are being shot to death in colleges, too.

Who is ignorant? The targets, or some adult poking away on his computer safe and sound in his basement? If shooters begin targeting old fat guys, I don't think the kids would be called ignorant any more.

How is name calling ever going to help gun ownership anyway? Do you think calling names will stop the kids?

Better think twice about that. Those kids have seen the blood and bodies of their friends in the hallways of their school. That sort of thing makes a lasting impression.
They're ignorant.

Ok.....guns aren't going away. It won't happen. So they need to put their efforts into something that will actually get done.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm still waiting for people to recognize the real truth. Many of these shooters are likely bullied by kids like Hogg who are so "popular" and well spoken and have such intolerance for anyone who dares to have a different opinion and doesnt conform to his "norm". None of these kids will come out and say "Oh, um, oops, we bullied, disrespected, and made the shooter feel like an outcast, so this is partially our fault" F these kids, I saw them and dealt with them growing up and as an adult. Our constitutional rights are not subject to the inaine BS of a bunch of immature HS and childish antics. If you aren't even old enough to benefit from these rights, you certainly aren't old enough to scream about others not deserving them.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:47 AM

5,772 posts, read 5,067,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Are GOPers ever in a good mood? They have Congress, SCOTUS, and the presidency yet they pick on children.

What's next? Sean Hannity gonna steal Hogg's lunch money
Hannity is an a-hole and he is the type who would hit a teen just to prove his manhood. An ugly and weak loudmouth.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:26 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,216,469 times
Quote:
David Hogg and his friends are the real alpha males making change happen. The female students in the movement are just as courageous.
Seriously?

Old 03-25-2018, 05:33 AM

34,148 posts, read 18,412,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
As to my particular selection, at first I wanted the traditional with the carry handle as I had always done. Afterwards, however, I decided that I ought to be up to speed on the newer models, as much as they fit my desires.
A Colt 6920 (M4) would be a great choice.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:23 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,139,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Have you heard Trump speak? He can barely string together a coherent sentence without replying on his limited vocabulary of "believe me" and "tremendous"

Most Republican politicians are dumb as hell. They believe the Earth is 6000 years old, question science all the time, think humans and dinosaurs co existed, still believe in supply side, etc

I mean you see it all around you. Republicans have become so anti intellectual that the party is nominating more and more unhinged lunatics. It's.almost impossible for a republican to win the nomination without engaging in conspiracy theory peddling
While I may agree with you about Trump's inability to string together coherent sentences, the rest of your post is off base. Most Republicans? Seriously? There are a few that are off their rocker but rest assured that is not limited to just the Republicans! Remember the Democrat (Hank Johnson, D Ga) that talked about Guam tipping over?

Old 03-25-2018, 07:28 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,209,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm still waiting for people to recognize the real truth. Many of these shooters are likely bullied by kids like Hogg who are so "popular" and well spoken and have such intolerance for anyone who dares to have a different opinion and doesnt conform to his "norm". None of these kids will come out and say "Oh, um, oops, we bullied, disrespected, and made the shooter feel like an outcast, so this is partially our fault" F these kids, I saw them and dealt with them growing up and as an adult. Our constitutional rights are not subject to the inaine BS of a bunch of immature HS and childish antics. If you aren't even old enough to benefit from these rights, you certainly aren't old enough to scream about others not deserving them.
Say what? Hogg a bully? Lol. He looks like the kid who could get his arse kicked on the regular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies