Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 09:23 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Granted.

How do we make the agencies do their jobs, how do ensure that due process is followed, how do we prevent politicians from creating bad idea programs, especially with "free" cash attached to them?
These kids the OP is slandering are marching on the streets. Politicians pay attention to that, as you see.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:23 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What post, give me a specific post number.

It's also called parroting, citing is when you say the same thing as someone else when used in a discussion. What cali doll is doing is saying "common sense" and I asked her to provide what she thought was common sense (regarding laws), not what someone else stated.

It's called a discussion, it's literally been around for thousands of years....
My post was number 136 and you quoted and ignore it in your post 142.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
There's 110,000,000+ million rifles in America. Of those around 30 or 40 million (no one knows the exact number) are modern sporting rifles(ARs,AKs, etc).

No one is turning in their rifles or 30 round mags. Not going to happen.

Hogg and his ignorant 17 and 18 year old friends are clueless and are becoming America's top gun salesmen. I've made several calls to local gunstores and ARs are once again quadrupling in sales in some of the stores.

Example in CT. Back around 2014 the state wanted all "assault weapons" registered and all high cap. Mags. Declared
Of the estimated 370,000 rifles only 50,000 were brought for registration. That's 13% compliance. Of the estimated 1 million High cap. Mags. Only 40,000 were declared. That's 4% compliance. And this is in Libby CT.

Anti-gunners efforts are futile.
Goodness - cons sure are running scared when they start name calling teenagers who survived a school shooting.

Pathetic.

The mood of the entire country is most certain for common sense gun reform.

Face it - you're outnumbered.

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That's the same reason I own guns. The difference is I don't run to the gun store every time intelligent, articulate, and passionate teenagers stand up and speak out about gun violence, nor do I oppose common sense regulations on being able to purchase firearms. I think it should be difficult to purchase a firearm, and that one should have extensive background checks required to do so. That way those people like the Va. Tech shooter, the Parkland shooter, the Columbine shooters, might be prevented from purchasing these weapons. Doing nothing is not working.

A lot of gun owners go ballistic when the mere mention of sensible gun regulation is brought up. I'm not one of them.
Thanks for the reply O. I feel like I can actually understand more where you are coming from now. The post I originally responded to was a really short one, so I don't think your actual feelings about guns, gun laws, and gun rights really rang through. It just seemed like you wanted to rag on all gun owners. But now I see where you stand, and I actually agree with you. I have no problem with strengthening background checks for gun purchases, and I too can honestly say I don't run out to buy guns every time someone says something about further gun regulations. Thanks again for the reply.

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then how are people lining the pockets of the NRA? About 5 million NRA members......do tell, be specific.

And please, inform us of what "common sense" gun laws would consist of? Again, be specific.
A license requirement, much like the carry license we have now. To get a license, one must:

- Take a basic firearm handling and safety course
- Pass criminal background check
- Pass a drug test
- Pass mental evaluation

Old 03-25-2018, 09:32 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A license requirement, much like the carry license we have now. To get a license, one must:

- Take a basic firearm handling and safety course
- Pass criminal background check
- Pass a drug test
- Pass mental evaluation
I would be fine with just the first two, and save the last two for if someone has been flagged by local police, school admins, mental health professionals, social works or something similar.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:33 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Goodness - cons sure are running scared when they start name calling teenagers who survived a school shooting.

Pathetic.

The mood of the entire country is most certain for common sense gun reform.

Face it - you're outnumbered.
Oops! You said common sense gun reform! Chucksnee wants you to detail all your common sense gun reform plans.

Anyways yeah, it’s quite ridiculous how the GOP & Co. are bullying the teenage victims of a recent school shooting. How pathetic can the GOP be??

Old 03-25-2018, 09:34 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
well,

David Hogg: "Our Parents Don't Know How To Use A F*cking Democracy, So We Have To"

I have to agree with Tucker Carlson, he (Hogg) sounds like an extremist.

Like I posted earlier, he is a trauma survivor. I would give him much credits if he took the time to work through his emotions first with therapists. If he still decided to be an activist, then so be it. But at this moment, his emotion is just so raw.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Are GOPers ever in a good mood? They have Congress, SCOTUS, and the presidency yet they pick on children.

What's next? Sean Hannity gonna steal Hogg's lunch money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Does mocking a child make you feel good about yourself?
So, now your saying he's just a child but when he's taking all the money (over 3 million so far) and getting his face on every TV show possible screaming for gun bans he's a smart, articulate young adult who should be listened to?

Just can't make this stuff up...

Old 03-25-2018, 09:36 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I would be fine with just the first two, and save the last two for if someone has been flagged by local police, school admins, mental health professionals, social works or something similar.
The problem has been the crazies with guns, so the mental evaluation is a must. Cruz had mental issues, so he would have been weeded out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies