Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 10:16 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The police had no legal standing for taking away Nikolas Cruz's guns. There was no legal basis to prevent him from legally buying a gun, despite all of his threats, expulsion from school and so on. Reread my post. My "common sense" suggestion for gun laws would rectify that.

But you ignored it. Again. Because if you were honest, you would admit you will not allow for any gun control at all.
Making a threat is illegal, the police did not do their job, period, end of story.

Because I'm not giving you the answer that you want to hear, does not mean I'm ignoring your post.

No, I believe there should be some, but I Have yet to hear anything "common sense."

Take the clear backpacks.....they don't like that, it's embarrassing....well then what?

Quote:
“used a gun against (people) before” and "has put the gun to others [sic] heads in the past.”
What is said above, the police should have arrested him. Nobody did there job....no matter how loud you yell or how many times you say I'm not ignoring your post, and if you'd be honest, yuo'k know I was responding, you just don't like my answers...

Nikolas Cruz reported to police for threats, punching walls months before Florida shooting, report says | Fox News

Old 03-25-2018, 10:17 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The EXISTING SYSTEM, and laws already in place could have, and should have prevented this. BUREACRATS, and government employees FAILED YET AGAIN. As government employees are largely liberal/progressive Democrats, they allow this crap.
Exactly! The Obama administration was putting that failure on steroids!

They love it when these events happen...because they know the sheeple will turn to them for answers and protection...it gives them power!

What they can't ever wrap their heads around is the fact that about half the population are either neutral or sheepdogs.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Absolutely. This describes Trump cultists perfectly; you and I agree here.
Yes, you and lkb0714 know a lot about parroting, this we agree. Just like hogg, a lot of talking without knowing what you're really talking about.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:19 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You assume all the gay and trans kids are bullied ?

It’s cool and progressive to be gay and trans these days .
3/4 of those kids are still being bullied today.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...l-environments

Old 03-25-2018, 10:20 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
3/4 of those kids are still being bullied today.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...l-environments
Article from Sept 2016, things have changed quite a bit even since then .

Nobody should be bullied though .

Old 03-25-2018, 10:22 AM

MORE LAWS.....More laws....

Quote:
“And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.”
Signed joe biden.....

More common sense laws, not followed once again ......

Old 03-25-2018, 10:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You assume all the gay and trans kids are bullied ?

It’s cool and progressive to be gay and trans these days .
Nope; it really isn't.

Yes ~ many, many of them are bullied. YET they don't go out and shoot up schools with their AR 15.

Why, I wonder?

Old 03-25-2018, 10:24 AM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
MORE LAWS.....More laws....

Signed joe biden.....

More common sense laws, not followed once again ......
I agree with this.

I doubt the laws would be followed.

Deputies called to suspected shooter’s home 39 times over seven years, nothing has been done.

but somebody believe taking AR15 from everybody is the answer. The sad news is that they can never be able to get rid of AR15, there are so many unregistered guns out there.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:25 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

How is it embarrassing to ask the students to clear backpacks? To me, it is the exact common sense approach immediately following the tragedy. But to him, it is embarrassing.
How is it common sense? Clear backpacks would not have prevented this from happening. It would not have prevented Columbine or Sandy Hook from happening. So what is the point of clear backpacks?

Old 03-25-2018, 10:26 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Making a threat is illegal, the police did not do their job, period, end of story.

Because I'm not giving you the answer that you want to hear, does not mean I'm ignoring your post.
Please quote the law that says guns can be taken away by a report of a threat? For punching walls? Give the exact statute in florida law that you think allows them to do that.

Quote:
No, I believe there should be some, but I Have yet to hear anything "common sense."
What gun laws do you think there should be?

Quote:
Take the clear backpacks.....they don't like that, it's embarrassing....well then what?
Hmm, parrot from lilyflower much? LOL.

Quote:
What is said above, the police should have arrested him. Nobody did there job....no matter how loud you yell or how many times you say I'm not ignoring your post, and if you'd be honest, yuo'k know I was responding, you just don't like my answers...

Nikolas Cruz reported to police for threats, punching walls months before Florida shooting, report says | Fox News
I wonder how you will deflect from the fact that there is no legal ground for taking a gun away from someone for a threat report? And did you even read your own source????

"Rock told police he didn’t want Cruz arrested, as he had “been going through a lot with his loss,” among other things."

So how can they arrest him when there is no complaintant? I will give you a hint...they can't. As the laws are written now the police literally HAD NO LEGAL STANDING to take his guns. As I stated, multiple times, WHICH YOU IGNORED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies