Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 04:21 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
but not the march itself then? that part isn't funny? okay dokay
If it makes you laugh. Go for it. My point is that those on these boards blowing a gasket about the March and attacking it like their lives depended on it, are actually amusing because the fact is that none of those kids will waste their time reading this forum to read what any of us thinks about them or their March.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:21 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, but where was he prior.....that's the point....he was doing nothing,
Dude, seventeen. He was going to school, preparing himself for adult responsibilities, which is what we expect. Sadly, this moment was forced on him. And that's effin' tragic, that a kid whose main ambition should be figuring out how to unhook a bra is suddenly forced to choose between taking up a fight we should have fought for him, or slip into obscure anonymity.

As adults, it was our job to keep them safe. We let these kids down. Badly. We don't get to lecture them on what they should do about it. I do not blame those Parkland kids who just want to pick up the pieces and move on, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And what about the way they act is "cultish?"
Their puerile Civil War II fantasies are classic doomsday cult. Their insistence on imbuing their mere possession of a firearm with a ton of other traits, like masculinity and self-sufficience - magical thinking, shibboleths to distinguish "us" from "them". All they need is a charismatic leader, but LaPierre and Miss Angry Whatsherface aren't really gifted in that area.

Quote:
Do you actually know any gun owners?
Oh yes. Not part of the "some of" I mentioned, I pick my acquaintances with some care.

Quote:
Do you think our Founders and Framers of the Constitution were a cult?
No. Dear Lord, are you comparing LaPierre & Co. with the best thinkers of the Enlightenment?

Old 03-25-2018, 04:23 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, but where was he prior.....that's the point....he was doing nothing,
That's the entire point. No one has done a single thing about guns until they were threatened.

Why should Hogg somehow be different?

He's just another typical high school kid growing up in what was always a safe quiet town, attending a high school that had actually followed all the best safety preparations that were recommended for a school shooting.

He had gone through several drills designed for just such a thing. Why would he need to do anything more? He's still a child who's not fully a man just yet, for God's sakes! He thought adults would take care of him.

Just like you would, if you were his age.

He probably never thought a shooting would ever happen in Stoneman Douglas. The school was prepared, just in case the most remote possibility happened. There was an officer on the grounds. The local police drilled at the school alongside the kids.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:23 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
How are traumatized kids pleading with the adults that are in charge to do something about their friends getting slaughtered funny to you? I don't get it
have you ever seen a march or a protest? it's a gathering to see who can post the coolest photos on social media.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
If it makes you laugh. Go for it. My point is that those on these boards blowing a gasket about the March and attacking it like their lives depended on it, are actually amusing because the fact is that none of those kids will waste their time reading this forum to read what any of us thinks about them or their March.
I haven't seen anyone melting down. I must have missed it. I simply laugh at all protesters. they're comical to me.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:25 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
How are traumatized kids pleading with the adults that are in charge to do something about their friends getting slaughtered funny to you? I don't get it
1. Few kids are traumatized.

2. The ones who are do not have friends who are in the process of being slaughtered.

Words matter.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:25 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
Quote:
I haven't seen anyone melting down. I must have missed it. I simply laugh at all protesters. they're comical to me.
Well you must go thru these threads I’m having a blast reading all of them attacking them. It’s quite funny.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Well you must go thru these thread. I’m having a blast reading all of them attacking them. It’s quite funny.
I don't know what everyone is freaking out about. nothing will happen. trump is president for another couple of years, and in those years the streets will be flooded with AR-15's. the thread is correct in that they're certainly going to sell a lot of weapons.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:28 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Maybe 20 years after liberals finally stop their Marxism LARPing conservatives would consider reducing things like magazine capacity limits. Until liberals stop toying with highly murderous ideologies, this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:28 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
have you ever seen a march or a protest? it's a gathering to see who can post the coolest photos on social media.
Yeah, no it's not and how sad (for you) that you think so. This issue is on the national forefront of issues because of these marches. Very effective
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies