Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 05:41 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I misspoke, I meant dismissing their statements as those of someone who has not worked through their trauma and thus should not be vocal about their opinions.
On this, I have to respectfully disagree. He is a NEW trauma survivor. Saying he has worked through his emotions is just not true.

This does not mean he is not entitled to his opinion. This just means his emotion might be too raw and his opinion might be on the "extreme" side.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:44 PM

46,270 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Are you against lying? How about giving a false narrative?
Still stuck on the photo shopped picture I see....so sad on your part. Even after I stated I have apologized numerous times on this board. But I will not apologize for that picture, period.

Quote:
I maybe from a Navy family, but shouldn't honor be universal in the military?
Yes, honor is sticking up for something you believe. I have 21+ year in the military, because your family was Navy, does that mean you hold the same values?

Honor is also being mad about something because it happened prior, not because it just happened to you.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:45 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I was in the Army at 17, I turned 18 after basic.
That's nice. Not sure what it has to do with anything, but nice.

Quote:
Yes, of course it's tragic, but if you're going to be against something, then be against it always, not when you feel like it.
I'd say the Parkland survivors have won the right to their opinion. YMMV.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:47 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Still stuck on the photo shopped picture I see....so sad on your part. Even after I stated I have apologized numerous times on this board. But I will not apologize for that picture, period.

Yes, honor is sticking up for something you believe. I have 21+ year in the military, because your family was Navy, does that mean you hold the same values?

Honor is also being mad about something because it happened prior, not because it just happened to you.
Anyone can lie about military background on the internet. People show who they really are by their actions. You posted a photoshopped picture of a teenaged girl to lie about her, and you refuse to apologize or take it down. Doesn't sound very honorable to me.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Srsly? You think there's nothing about having an AR 15 pointed at YOU that might change a person? Seeing their friends' killed? Their teachers?

Life changing events change lives.
No doubt, I agree with you. However, not being pissed about children/kids/teens being killed and not speaking up prior, then what should you expect. Especially with this hogg guy....taking it to the extreme.....

Old 03-25-2018, 05:50 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
On this, I have to respectfully disagree. He is a NEW trauma survivor. Saying he has worked through his emotions is just not true.

This does not mean he is not entitled to his opinion. This just means his emotion might be too raw and his opinion might be on the "extreme" side.
That is the dismissal I was referring to.

And who said he has worked through his emotions? Not me. I have no idea if he has or hasn't.

What you are doing would be the exact same things as if someone were to say you are unable to be objective because you suffered a personal loss therefore your opinions are irrational. Now that is NOT something I believe at all, but wouldn't it be wrong for someone to dismiss your opinions on suicide and survival because they thought you were too close to one?

Old 03-25-2018, 05:52 PM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Yeah, this guy has become militant
https://www.facebook.com/JoeTalkShow...0550578945019/

Old 03-25-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Anyone can lie about military background on the internet. People show who they really are by their actions. You posted a photoshopped picture of a teenaged girl to lie about her, and you refuse to apologize or take it down. Doesn't sound very honorable to me.
All you have to do is go to the military section of this website....but you knew that, yet decided to try and undermine me...typical of a leftist....do you feel better now?

When you stand for something, stand for it. Not just because it happened to you, you should be pissed far prior to it happening to you.

I will NOT apologize for that photo, it suits her....because you disagree, don't really care.

But basically what you're saying is, be mad when you can....that does not sound honorable to me....but obviously you agree with the "be mad whenever."

Old 03-25-2018, 05:55 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
^^^

Old 03-25-2018, 05:56 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
That is the dismissal I was referring to.

And who said he has worked through his emotions? Not me. I have no idea if he has or hasn't.

What you are doing would be the exact same things as if someone were to say you are unable to be objective because you suffered a personal loss therefore your opinions are irrational. Now that is NOT something I believe at all, but wouldn't it be wrong for someone to dismiss your opinions on suicide and survival because they thought you were too close to one?
Sigh

Never mind then.

Nothing changed the fact that MANY if not MAJORITY of the experienced therapists are against the very idea of using NEW trauma survivors as ACTIVISTS. (keywords: NEW / ACTIVISTS )

No one is saying he should not be talking or having an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies