Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 10:01 AM

39,193 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That's not how this works.

They are teenagers. They are not adults. They want gun law changes. They are not attacking specific, law-abiding GUN OWNERS.
I think tucker carlson said it better ,

A handful of teens from Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, they have a right to their views, obviously. This is a given. This is one of the rare shows that support the rights of people we disagree with to talk. But the rest of us also have rights including the right to assess what they are saying and decide whether it ought to become law to which we are subject. These are not religious figures; we are not the faithful. We're all citizens here. Let's take a look at what they are saying and decide if it's a good idea or not.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/did-tr...y_2474846.html

Old 03-26-2018, 10:06 AM

88,956 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
It is really a weak "point."
No, it's an extremely strong point.

Quote:
How is wanting safer schools a removal of Constitutional rights?

Do the kids not have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? That is actually a stronger right than anything listed in the specific amendments because it is part of the body of the Constitution itself.
How does that not include everyone's 2nd Amendment Right to keep and bear arms to protect themselves and their family from suffering the loss of those exact same rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Because they're demeaning young men by referring to them as "beta males." That is low. Why attack kids just because they have opinions?

Why not just say you disagree and keep right on moving?

That is what I do not understand. This topic was about David Hogg and the Parkland kids. It was not about any other kids. I did not read the whole thread. If someone is calling other teens names in this thread, I do not support that, either.

Why look for some angle I do not have?

I simply disagree with adults attacking teenagers. These kids have received death threats. That's just crazy.
Um...slight difference..Hogg is calling NRA members child killers and worse. Therefore he is not immune to criticism...

Old 03-26-2018, 10:13 AM

19,820 posts, read 12,084,715 times
Quote:
You are worked up over an enthusiastic teenager who is upset that his friends were murdered at school?

Is it at all possible that you need to rewatch it?

Leveling specific threats at this young man is wrong.

Disagreeing with him? Nah... that is not wrong. Calling him names should be beneath a mature adult, though.
What specific threat did Chucksnee level?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:14 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
In an interview with The Outline, David Hogg attacked pro-gun politicians and the NRA, saying, "It just makes me think what sick f***ers out there want to continue to sell more guns, murder more children, and honestly just get reelected."

Quote:
"What type of s***ty person does that?" Hogg continued. "They could have blood from children splattered all over their faces and they wouldn’t take action, because they all still see these dollar signs.”
Hogg said he is going to make sure that "those f***ers aren’t getting reelected."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28571...-ryan-saavedra

He deserves everything he gets thrown at him.....

Old 03-26-2018, 10:14 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Gun sales dropped with the election of Donald Trump because the gun huggers aren`t worried about confiscation anymore. They understand that the NRA and Putin share custody of the president.
sure, gooey. that's gotta be why trump just kicked out 60 Russian diplomats and closed the consulate.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:15 AM

88,956 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
These are NOT other adults. They are kids.
"Kids" are registering to vote and threatening to vote out elected officials? Please...

Quote:
Do you care that they are receiving death threats?
The NRA is receiving death threats. Is that OK with you?

Quote:
or is the 2nd Amendment and the NRA more important to you?
ALL of the Constitutional Rights are important to me. The "marchers" and their supporters have First Amendment Free Speech Rights, as do those who criticize them. And we ALL have our 2nd Amendment Right which specifically states that our Right "to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Constitutional Rights apply equally to all. They don't swing just one way or the other, despite your and others' wish to the contrary. Don't want to own a gun? Don't. No one cares. Want to criticize the "marchers" based on their intolerance of others' Constitutional Rights, which exposes the "marchers" idiocy? That's anyone's First Amendment Right to do so.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:17 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
You are worked up over an enthusiastic teenager who is upset that his friends were murdered at school?

Is it at all possible that you need to rewatch it?

Leveling specific threats at this young man is wrong.

Disagreeing with him? Nah... that is not wrong. Calling him names should be beneath a mature adult, though.

Again, I Just posted his remarks....go watch the video....

And yes, I agree, there should never be any type of threat against anyone.

I have watched it, have you?

He is 18, yes? (honest question, I have no clue)

Old 03-26-2018, 10:18 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,046,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why attack gun owners and/or the NRA just because they have opinions?

See how that works?

If the teens dish it out, they should expect to have to take it.
And can I add then these beta males got some support from some groups of "alpha males"?
Moonbattery Who Really Financed and Organized March for Our Lives? - Moonbattery

Maybe the "financed by George Soros" conspiracy cliché might not be cliché.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:21 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think tucker carlson said it better ,

A handful of teens from Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida
First, it is certainly possible that some of those people are over 18. Many are over 17, which means they could be in the Military Service and entrusted with killing people...or at least learning how. Of cogurse, their parents and siblings could constitute a LOT of adults, as do their teachers, administers and supporters.

I try and make it a habit not to quote or listen to a guy who was paid off LONG ago by the Mercers, Mellons and numerous other billionaires...specially and only to echo a certain opinion or world view. He is like a lobbyist, only worse because he pretends he is a journalist.

Note - if you didn't know these things, look them up. The Daily Caller, for example, was financed just like Breitbart, etc. in order to try and fool people with multiple sites that all repeat the same thing(s).

He has made many millions from this "job".

Just saying....I have more respect for the opinion of a normal citizen than I do for those paid millions to project the opinion of some billionaires. I remember a REAL reporter going into a gun show in the South and talking to a normal looking guy - dude looked like Joe Dirt, but getter kept. He asked the dude "Do you think Obama is going to take your guns away?".

The guy laughed out loud and said "of course not"...and he didn't mean "from his cold dead hands". He was a logical and reasonable human being who wasn't being paid or pressured to spew BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.