Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 10:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,816,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They were receiving death threats before any marches.

Who did the kids threaten to kill?
The hopes and dreams of the gun lobby, the gun friendly politicians and the gun nuts that complain about high capacity magazines or high caliber bullets are banned despite almost universal support of the ban.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:42 AM

39,034 posts, read 27,456,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
A cheap shot, I think you misunderstand the bon mart. McConnell is famous for saying "Now is not the time to talk about gun violence" in light of talks of gun law changes due to the Vegas mass murder. Your comment is fairly similar to that logic stating these kids should not comment because of the trauma they experienced, hence the bon mart you took as a "cheap shot."

On a personal note, this is no worse than the side of the argument making false statements of the students or those defending them. Actually this was by far calmer. Just look at the ones about the Cuban student I think it is Emma. All because she had a Cuban flag on a shoulder patch she's a commie.

So I'll fix things up and remove those two sentences and then you tell me whether you agree or disagree...
well, when you asked "McConnell, is it you?"

I took it as a cheap shot.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:44 AM

5,089 posts, read 2,024,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They were receiving death threats before any marches.

Who did the kids threaten to kill?
They didn't threaten to kill but one of the protesters, Delaney Tarr, said "they give us a inch, we'll take a mile". It might be more than meet the eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ORCmn3snhY

Old 03-26-2018, 10:46 AM

20,698 posts, read 8,462,190 times
Has Hogg found an agent yet?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:51 AM

50,149 posts, read 46,802,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Um...slight difference..Hogg is calling NRA members child killers and worse. Therefore he is not immune to criticism...
Odd how no one in the NRA is doing any shooting.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:54 AM

19,784 posts, read 12,034,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Has Hogg found an agent yet?
He did say “It’s also been great advertising for me, um, in terms of acting...”

Old 03-26-2018, 11:01 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,439,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Show me a quote related to this action taken from orange Jesus where he forcefully announces these actions and puts Putin on notice that any more meddling in our elections will be severely punished.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:02 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,627,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Um...slight difference..Hogg is calling NRA members child killers and worse. Therefore he is not immune to criticism...
"Adam Lanza, the man behind the massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., possessed a National Rifle Association certificate in his name, new reports say.

Reuters reported that according to documents released on Thursday, police discovered NRA certificates in the name of Lanza and his mother, Nancy Lanza — whom he killed before starting the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School."

It's probably important to accept the reality that some NRA members are child killers. But, more importantly, the LAWS and REGS which the NRA has killed or passed have resulted in the deaths and suffering of 10's of thousands.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:04 AM

24,368 posts, read 22,978,526 times
One thing I picked up on. I listened to the little brown shirt Hogg's speech. He said that the people in power are trembling from these marches, to paraphrase. No, not quite. But they have been trembling for years from citizens owning guns. And these trembling politicians are the ones parading Hogg and countless other well meaning but easily manipulated children for the cameras duping them into thinking their opinions matter and their voices will be heard.
These kids are in for a shock when in a few years they get pushed aside and get told to shut up by the very people now telling them to speak out.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:48 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,160,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think tucker carlson said it better ,

A handful of teens from Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, they have a right to their views, obviously. This is a given. This is one of the rare shows that support the rights of people we disagree with to talk. But the rest of us also have rights including the right to assess what they are saying and decide whether it ought to become law to which we are subject. These are not religious figures; we are not the faithful. We're all citizens here. Let's take a look at what they are saying and decide if it's a good idea or not.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/did-tr...y_2474846.html
I don't disagree. People can disagree with these students all day. But, with the topic, and not attacking a bunch of kids. That's just not okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies