Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 12:46 PM

39,195 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Not ban, but control.
well, i agree with the control part.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:48 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I wasn't pro gun control until I started spending time with hardcore gun nuts. They are like walking billboards for gun control.

Then you are spending time with the wrong kinds of people. 90% of the people I associate with are pro firearm, but we rarely talk about it , or show off our guns , except for the occasional social trips to the range, and those are few and far between. Once in a while some one will ask question and that will open up some dialog but the majority of the time it is a non subject.
The most I talk about it is on this site.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I wasn't pro gun control until I started spending time with hardcore gun nuts. They are like walking billboards for gun control.
hmm, I have to say I have never met a hardcore gun nuts. Most people understand 2nd amendment is not absolute.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Then you are spending time with the wrong kinds of people. 90% of the people I associate with are pro firearm, but we rarely talk about it , or show off our guns , except for the occasional social trips to the range, and those are few and far between. Once in a while some one will ask question and that will open up some dialog but the majority of the time it is a non subject.
The most I talk about it is on this site.
exactly. Most people who grew up around guns are not obsessed with it. We don't give it much thoughts, nor do we have irrational fear. It is not like we cannot live without guns.

i am not a gun expert. As a matter of fact, I don't know a lot about guns. I have a pretty unique definition of gun expert. My standard for a gun expert is actually pretty high.

I know about a couple in real life. They don't really have a "gun", they have parts they can use to make the gun they want. None of them "show off", or tell people which one to get. They don't even offer unwanted advice. It is always, "It really depends on your comfort level. Get training first. Learn how to use it. Safety first. "

Old 03-26-2018, 12:50 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,626 times
I congratulate the far right gun activists for their stunningly idiotic response to the March For Our Lives demonstrations that occurred this past weekend. First Santorum, then the fake Emma Gonzalez photo. You must be SO proud to be bullying teenagers. The really sorry part is, you have only failed in your attempts to bully and silence. The country heard these kids’ pleas and change will come.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:51 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly, and these kids marching seem to be forgetting the fact that their peers are doing this. Not the NRA, not the lack of "gun reform" , not the AR-15, not the pro firearms people, not the politicians but a peer. Wouldn't a better start to "never again" be working with your peers to see why these things are happening ? Helping those that are either bullied to the point of breaking , or the mentally ill or both.
There is no doubt in my mind that Cruz was the odd , scary kid but I'm pretty sure he was ridiculed to the point that he broke.
Exactly. Why aren't the adults involved helping the kids understand that, instead of parading them off in a wrong, ineffective, doomed to failure effort at solving the problem?

Old 03-26-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Not ban, but control.

Control is fine, just as long as it is logical.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:53 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,718,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
a muslim man murders patrons in a florida nightclub and some people blame the killer. these people say the killer alone is responsible and not Islam.

a man murders high school students and some people blame the NRA and citizens who own guns. these people say the NRA is responsible and not the killer.

do you not see the inconsistency in these two statements?
Islam did not sue the state of florida to make sure guns can still be put into the hands of those who aren't even old enough to drink or buy cigarettes.

Your analogy is what they call "apples to oranges".

Old 03-26-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Why aren't the adults involved helping the kids understand that, instead of parading them off in a wrong, ineffective, doomed to failure effort at solving the problem?

That is what I can't figure out. And why it seems like only very few are asking this.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
a muslim man murders patrons in a florida nightclub and some people blame the killer. these people say the killer alone is responsible and not Islam.

a man murders high school students and some people blame the NRA and citizens who own guns. these people say the NRA is responsible and not the killer.

do you not see the inconsistency in these two statements?
I never said the man wasn't responsible, but he isn't the sole responsible party. If the Muslim had true ties to a Muslim terrorist organization and not some Yahoo watching videos to radicalized him but not officially join, then that group bare responsibility too. The NRA has a problem in that 19 years ago they didn't want guns on school, now they want a good guy with a gun to stop the bad guy with a gun and arm all teachers (that want to carry) 19 years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies