Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 04:27 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It’s easy to convert an AR-15 to full auto.

Why get nitpicky? They’re essentially the same.
Of course it can be done, like any semi auto pistol/rifle/shotgun.....

But please, tell us how easy it is, do inform us of what differences between the rifles are that make the AR so much more easy to convert? We shall all wait...

Old 03-27-2018, 04:40 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I honestly agree with 99% of your post except the limitations on types, limitations on magazine capacity part.

I think one of the biggest failure of the current gun law is that red flags were not enough to stop gun buy. So make it harder for SOME folks to purchase any type of firearms would be common sense. I don't think I can really say no to that.

This said, what is the purpose of limitations on magazine capacity?

Consider the Columbine High School shooters. This mass killing took place during the 1994 federal ban and they went into that school without a single “high capacity magazine.” They just took turns reloading the large number of “low capacity magazines” they had on hand.
So, because the Columbine shooters didn't need high-capacity magazines to kill a bunch of people, therefore there's no purpose? Is that what you're getting at? I'd counter that by saying think of how more efficiently they could have killed had they had high-capacity magazines.

I think the purpose here is self-evident don't you?

Old 03-27-2018, 04:43 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
So, because the Columbine shooters didn't need high-capacity magazines to kill a bunch of people, therefore there's no purpose? Is that what you're getting at? I'd counter that by saying think of how more efficiently they could have killed had they had high-capacity magazines.

I think the purpose here is self-evident don't you?
I have not heard your counter argument. What is your counter argument?

Your second paragraph, no.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:44 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, it doesn't, just like strict murder control laws don't work, strict rape control laws don't work, strict Opioid drugs control laws don't work, ad infinitum.

Why don't they work? Criminals don't obey laws.
Therefore, we should have NO LAWS. Got it everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The UK, Japan, etc., do not have a porous 2,000 mile long border with a 3rd world country whose citizens smuggle drugs, guns, and even humans (illegal aliens, sex slaves, etc.) into their countries.

U.S. Department of State Mexico Travel Advisory:
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html
Yes, it's the Mexicans' fault ok people!! That's why gun control won't work! It's the GERDERM BORDER SECURITY RAWRRGG

Why did no no else ridicule these arguments? Cmon internet, do better.

Quote:
I have not heard your counter argument. What is your counter argument?

Your second paragraph, no.
To counter what? Your argument: People with guns with low-magazine capacities killed a lot of people....And? You have to affirmatively say something to require a counterargument. What you said doesn't have any bearing on what someone may do with a high-magazine capacity. That's like me saying "hey guys, I know a guy with a knife who stabbed 20 people...so what's the purpose of banning swords?"

Last edited by Valhallian; 03-27-2018 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 03-27-2018, 05:18 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:

To counter what? Your argument: People with guns with low-magazine capacities killed a lot of people....And? You have to affirmatively say something to require a counterargument. What you said doesn't have any bearing on what someone may do with a high-magazine capacity. That's like me saying "hey guys, I know a guy with a knife who stabbed 20 people...so what's the purpose of banning swords?"
That is not my argument at all.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Why do people call David Hogg "kid" is something I can never understand. He was born in 2000, so he will be 18 (maybe he is already 18)

My brother joined the Marine Corps at age of 18. He was an E5 at age of 22, might be 23 (I think, I need to check again.)

He's an adult.

This doesn't mean that I don't believe he is entitled to his opinion. This certainly does not mean that I think he should be called all the nasty names or receiving death threats. But Let's not pretend he is some kind of kid. lol Kid, he is not.

Plus, his "voice" + help from the politicians CAN become law. So yes, he can be criticized, disagreed with. If he cannot take it, don't be an activist.
Plus lots of $$$$$$$$$ from other activists and the big one, once you put yourself out in the public space and become a public figure like he has then you have to be able to play by those rules. You basically become "fair game".

In my opinion he's talking and acting like he's already a member of Antifaaa.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:45 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,935 times
Today, our very liberal talk-radio host called glory Hogg a goober who has nothing more than a pointless oratory...so....I think people see him for what he is.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:09 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Today, our very liberal talk-radio host called glory Hogg a goober who has nothing more than a pointless oratory...so....I think people see him for what he is.
Would the term "manchurian candidate" look less pointless oratory?

Old 03-27-2018, 06:41 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Therefore, we should have NO LAWS. Got it everyone?
Why make more laws that criminals won't obey? What's the point of doing so?

Quote:
Yes, it's the Mexicans' fault ok people!! That's why gun control won't work! It's the GERDERM BORDER SECURITY RAWRRGG
Do you deny that guns, drugs, humans, etc., are smuggled across the U.S.'s Southern border?

Everyone already knows they are.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:47 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then you need to also be informing your fellow leftist/anti gun folks posts....
Exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies