Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 09:02 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
With all their guns and bravado, it's hard to imagine these "Patriots" ever taking a beating. But if you say so. I'm sure you read it in the MSM somewhere. Maybe even saw one instance of it...without, of course, knowing the back story.
MSM never reports all the violence from the left on Trump supporters who are attacked when they gather to support Trump. The radical left go to beat and hit Trump supporters at theirTrump marches. You are never told. You watch fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 09:07 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Without some water and food, you'd be dead in a couple hours in a lot of those "wall" areas.

It's as if some people never heard of modern technology.

Here's a real question for you. What is more effective - a "Wall" which an NEVER be completed and is located in areas where no human beings live.....or. a "virtual wall" made of sensors, drones with infrared, lidar, and cameras and light beams which indicate when anything bigger than a squirrel cross them (thereby, bringing other sensors, drones, cameras, etc. on line to point at the transgressor)....

Which one is preferable?

While you are it it, which is better for cross country travel - a horse or a car?

How about for writing? Is a manual typewriter better than a computer?

The best "wall" is comprehensive immigration reform which addresses any and all situations clearly so that we can solve problems without taking decades. I know that's not as much "fun" as chanting that Mexicans will pay for the Wall, but it would actually work.

So if you care about a "Wall", tell your Congress Critters to sit down and hash out a bill that will do for the next 20 years or so.
A wall will keep them from crossing. Horse or car. Depends. If you are stuck in traffic in your car because of a disaster and can't buy gas,a horse is better. If you lose your electric, a manual typewriter will do the job.
We already have laws that the progressives ignore. Illegal has meaning in the description of laws.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:20 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
Trump just suggested to use the billions in military funding to build the border wall. I like the idea but can this be done?

Old 03-26-2018, 09:37 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
In 2017 we had 64,000 drug deaths due to drug overdoses. The drugs coming over the southern border into the United States is much more potent today. Many young people are dying and each year the number of deaths go higher. We HAVE TO CLOSE THE BORDER!

We are allowing cheap drugs like heroin and pills that are so potent young people are dying in large numbers every day.

Will the activists March to save a life from drugs and demand the border to be closed? Will Oprah donate big money to send a message that our young people should be protected from all those potent drugs coming into neighborhoods across this nation. Who will stand to protect our young people from this scourge on society today?
Most drugs come through one of our 328 ports of entry. One of the deadliest drugs, Fentanyl can be ordered over the internet, I'm not going to post the urls I found but there were plenty out there, same with Oxycodone, Valium and a number of other drugs all delivered to the US. A wall won't stop the flow of drugs.

Why do you want the March for Life students to demonstrate for a border wall? If it's that important to you, make yourself a sign, recruit your friends and neighbors and go for it.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
The opposers of the left remember Trump supporters getting kicked, punched and chased down, cornered and beaten.
I remember Trump encouraging his supporters to "knock the crap" out of hecklers at a Rally, I don't recall very many Trump supporters being beaten, I googled it and kept running into articles about people being beaten by Trump supporters though.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Trump just suggested to use the billions in military funding to build the border wall. I like the idea but can this be done?
no

Old 03-27-2018, 02:34 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
MSM never reports all the violence from the left on Trump supporters who are attacked when they gather to support Trump. The radical left go to beat and hit Trump supporters at theirTrump marches. You are never told. You watch fake news.
What a total load of delusion let me get this right the MSM never reports all this violence,no one is ever told,its all fake news yet you some how know all about it.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:28 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Get a grip. The left loves their drugs. Face it, they love and promote drugs.
You did not answer the question. Your argument is partisan nonsense, as if drug addiction has something to do with left vs right. It doesn't.

How many conservatives right here at CD insist that drugs should be legalized? Many.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:33 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I don't think that is what the Congress authorized the military budget for. You can't just take the military budget and use it for whatever you want. Can you imagine the outcry if Obama had used the military budget to pay for ACA.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
So to you , why do you oppose a wall? Does it really affect your life? Or is your brainwashing from the left radicals taken away your common sense?
I oppose it because it’s a waste of money.
Also because it would necessitate stealing land from people who have owned it for generations, would desecrate wildlife preserves and block migration routes.

And because it scapegoats a specific country while ignoring all of the other avenues for illegal trade.

But mostly because it’s a waste of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies