Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 11:32 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

On March 6th, Bannon spoke in Zurich at the invitation of the Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of Die Weltwoche. Switzerland refused to join the EU thanks to their version of Trump and, as a result, is the most prosperous and free nation state. I wanted to learn more about the EU.

The first 35 min. is about our election, Brexit and the EU, with a warning about China and world banks. If you've heard Bannon before you can skip to 35:00 where he takes questions from the moderator and the audience of 1500. Very perceptive, intelligent questions (unlike our presstitutes). European media is as biased as ours so Bannon had to clear up misconceptions. He was asked how Trump governed and his relationship with him now.

"Central banks are in the business of debasing your currency. Central governments in the business of debasing your citizenship. Central technology conglomerates in the business of debasing your own personal sovereignty and your own data."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeJaq599yh4&t=350s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 11:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Um Switzerland was prosperous and free before the EU was in existence. Look at that Bannon encouraging people to learn about other countries -- isn't he a globalist.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:08 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
On March 6th, Bannon spoke in Zurich at the invitation of the Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of Die Weltwoche. Switzerland refused to join the EU thanks to their version of Trump and, as a result, is the most prosperous and free nation state. I wanted to learn more about the EU.

The first 35 min. is about our election, Brexit and the EU, with a warning about China and world banks. If you've heard Bannon before you can skip to 35:00 where he takes questions from the moderator and the audience of 1500. Very perceptive, intelligent questions (unlike our presstitutes). European media is as biased as ours so Bannon had to clear up misconceptions. He was asked how Trump governed and his relationship with him now.

"Central banks are in the business of debasing your currency. Central governments in the business of debasing your citizenship. Central technology conglomerates in the business of debasing your own personal sovereignty and your own data."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeJaq599yh4&t=350s
Switzerland was run by a serial cheating loud buffoon?

Swiss psychology is rather different from any other European culture. Them joining the EU would have issues with Swiss citizens base ideas of citizenship, duty to country etc.

BTW Switzerland gets alot of things as correct.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:10 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
I guess Bannon is a globalist after all.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Switzerland was run by a serial cheating loud buffoon?

Swiss psychology is rather different from any other European culture. Them joining the EU would have issues with Swiss citizens base ideas of citizenship, duty to country etc.

BTW Switzerland gets alot of things as correct.

I'd put not involving themselves in conflicts where they don't belong high on that list.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:06 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I guess Bannon is a globalist after all.
Could not have said it any better.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:25 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd put not involving themselves in conflicts where they don't belong high on that list.
I like their idea of social welfare for immigrants. Pay it back to get on the citizenship track.
Expected to speak one of the languages.
Expected to "act swiss"
Expected to work toward working
Yet
Universal health care
Much less social darwinism of I got mine, *** you.
There is a concept of citizenship that goes both ways. You belong to your Canton sort of thing that is hard to grasp for US citizens. Bust outs and screwing over everyone else for personal gain does not play well.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:49 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Switzerland's history is not as neutral and clean as many think, they gained a lot from their relationship with Nazi Germany.
For a long time their banks harbored lots of money from dubious and criminal sources.
Although officially outside, they are also closely tied to the EU via mutual agreements.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:12 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Switzerland is a direct democracy. If the Swiss people feel strongly enough about an issue, they have a national election about it instead of just leaving it up to their government officials. A centralized government is hardly debasing Swiss democracy, and say what you will about Swiss banks, the Swiss franc is one of the strongest currencies in the world. Not only is Switzerland a wealthier country than the US, they have far superior healthcare and no Swiss citizen goes without needed medical treatment unlike here.

I'd also like to know how you and Bannon have come to the conclusion that the European press is full of "fake news." Americans can get away with such statements because it has almost become treasonous to know a second language like Spanish or German. NO ONE in the US bothers to read the foreign press. I'm half Swiss and my German is good enough to read the Swiss papers. I trust the Swiss press since Switzerland is a neutral country with a free press that features everything from Die Weltwoche (Independent weekly) to the Neue Zürcher Zeitung (Conservative) to Zürichsee-Zeitung (Liberal). The same is also true for Germany and France.

If your French or German is a tad rusty, many of these papers can be read online in translation. Once again Steve Bannon is more about propaganda than truth.

You claim to be a good Christian girl. Your crush on Bannon and your support of one of the most unChristian presidents ever continues to baffle me. The president says a few feel good words to keep his Evangelical followers in his thrall, but the things he DOES are anything but Christian. As the Bible informs us, "By their deeds, ye shall know them."

Old 03-26-2018, 03:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I'd also like to know how you and Bannon have come to the conclusion that the European press is full of "fake news."
I watch and read the British press (the ones that don't require subscribing) BBC and ITV are Leftist. Complaints have been lodged by the public over their biased coverage of Brexit. I didn't talk to Bannon as I don't know him. Based on the questions audience members asked it was easy to see they got their news from Left wing sources. He was able to set them straight with facts.

Once again Steve Bannon is more about propaganda than truth.
How would you know since you didn't watch? You might actually find yourself agreeing with a lot of what he says.

You claim to be a good Christian girl. Your crush on Bannon and your support of one of the most unChristian presidents ever continues to baffle me. The president says a few feel good words to keep his Evangelical followers in his thrall, but the things he DOES are anything but Christian. As the Bible informs us, "By their deeds, ye shall know them."
Neither Christian nor Evangelical, I support religious freedom. Because I support Trump you indulge in stereotypes -- lazy thinking, surprising from someone who considers herself intellectually superior. By the way, there are 1500 translation errors in modern Bibles, compared to the original Aramaic version. As for Trump's deeds, he's accomplished 64% of his agenda already. In fact, I just heard he might be able to build The Wall using he military budget. So I'm very happy today.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies