Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2018, 04:11 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Ever hear of Real Estate, and Property Taxes? Ever since they have been enacted in the U.S. we've not owned our land. The amount I pay in Real Estate taxes on my property equates to the rental of a nice apartment in my area. Essentially, we rent our property from the Government. Watch what happens if you don't pay your taxes.

The vast majority of Alaska is property tax free. In 20 years I've never paid a dime in property taxes. And I'm quite happy with the lack of governmental services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 04:14 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,114,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Of course not. That's why PUBLIC beaches exist which include restroom facilities.
My understanding is that there are very few public beaches with road access. IF there were why would they be camping next to your property? Either that or the public beaches are inadequate and are filled to the brim with campers and tents, have no camping rules, no bon fire rules, etc etc.

People want to drive out, set up a tent and have a bon fire, end of story. If the muni has a laundry list of rules and regulations for the public beaches then it makes them unattractive and people will go else where.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:18 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
OK. The police showed up and because the urinaters denied it and there is no obvious proof, they let the *******s go. So obviously, unless private property owners have 24/7 security, this will continue to happen. Again and again and again. I've advised my neighbors to install remote security cameras.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The vast majority of Alaska is property tax free. In 20 years I've never paid a dime in property taxes. And I'm quite happy with the lack of governmental services.
When you say "vast majority" when refering ot AK its a little disengenous becuase most of AK is not road accessable and I think its something like 90-95% of the land is owned by federal, state or natives leaving VERY little privatly held lands.

And only the very remote areas of the interiour are tax free (ie where it gets ungodly cold in the winter). Nice places like south central and the Kenai peninsula are VERY expensive.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
OK. The police showed up and because the urinaters denied it and there is no obvious proof, they let the *******s go. So obviously, unless private property owners have 24/7 security, this will continue to happen. Again and again and again. I've advised my neighbors to install remote security cameras.
I am guessing even with the cameras they will at best get a slap on the wrist. What did you expect they would send them to a super max prison for going pee?

Old 04-30-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I am guessing even with the cameras they will at best get a slap on the wrist. What did you expect they would send them to a super max prison for going pee?
On someone's private property? At least a hefty ticket with an accompanying hefty fine. Is it customary for people to pee in anyone's backyard?

Old 04-30-2018, 04:29 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
On someone's private property? At least a hefty ticket with an accompanying hefty fine. Is it customary for people to pee in anyone's backyard?
I assure you, wild animals, birds, squirrels etc pee all the time all over the place.

Sometimes when people have to pee they think of it as a lesser offense to pee on the ground instead of their pants.

So customary? nope. But a huge issue that needs hefty fines? Not really. Given you called the cops they probably wont pee there again. If they do, maybe you could have something there.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:30 PM

Oh, and this is classic, from the police following up after the fact, said by the urinators... "Well, where are we supposed to ****, there are no restrooms."

Old 04-30-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I assure you, wild animals, birds, squirrels etc pee all the time all over the place.
Yes, and that's expected. Human elimination in any form? No.

Quote:
So customary? nope. But a huge issue that needs hefty fines?
Yes. Your kids play in your back yard. Should the public be able to eliminate at will on the same property?

Tell me your address. I'll advertise it as a public urinal/restroom.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:33 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
The only right you have is to your own body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies