Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2018, 10:41 PM

3,060 posts, read 1,517,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sorry, but that same "society" approved the sale of that privately owned land. Period. There's a deed and a plat of survey recorded in the relevant government offices.

They walked up my neighbor's boardwalk, beyond the barrier dune to hide it.
Well since you are so protective of your privately owned beachfont property and so against public use of a tiny sliver of that property, Im sure you will understand when the public doesnt want to restore your privately owned beach front house and property in the next major hurricane. You dont care about me, why should my taxdollar go to restoring your million dollar home. We need to stop this nonsense. No FEMA, etc. your million dollar house gets destroyed by a major hurricane, oh well, so sorry, the public doesnt care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 11:46 PM

88,657 posts, read 44,404,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
There is a 99.999% chance thats not what happened, thats the point I am arguing. IF the person actually came up into the yard (a long ways from the beach, hoped a fence, etc) and then peed thats a WHOLE other issue. But I am willing to bet money that didnt happen.
It's not that far, about 50 ft. The typical privately owned dry sand beach here is about 95 ft eastward of the barrier dune.

Quote:
a yard with a visual shot of the back deck and they just dropped their pants in front of a dinner party and peed and then ran away, yea thats messed up, but no that didnt happen lol.
They were guys. They just whipped it out and peed.

And that's not unusual. Like I said, this isn't a public beach so there are no restrooms.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Well since you are so protective of your privately owned beachfont property and so against public use of a tiny sliver of that property, Im sure you will understand when the public doesnt want to restore your privately owned beach front house and property in the next major hurricane. You dont care about me, why should my taxdollar go to restoring your million dollar home. We need to stop this nonsense. No FEMA, etc. your million dollar house gets destroyed by a major hurricane, oh well, so sorry, the public doesnt care.
Our town just had a beach restoration, though not in my area. The affected privately owned beachfront property owners had their real estate tax increased by 42% for 5 years to pay for it. The public, including myself as I'm not in the affected area, had no tax increase for it.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:20 AM

Just checked again, and the 5 year tax increase for the privately owned beachfront properties in the area affected by the beach restoration is a 68% increase. So a property which would normally have a $10,000 tax bill would have a tax bill of $16,800 for five years, or an additional $34,000 in taxes that the public doesn't have to pay. And all it was was dredging and dumping sand.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:02 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,078,316 times
Quote:
Just checked again, and the 5 year tax increase for the privately owned beachfront properties in the area affected by the beach restoration is a 68% increase. So a property which would normally have a $10,000 tax bill would have a tax bill of $16,800 for five years, or an additional $34,000 in taxes that the public doesn't have to pay. And all it was was dredging and dumping sand.
You own BEACH FRONT PROPERTY, that is very coveted very valuable land. Dont expect to be left alone.

Sell the land and move if you cant take it. People like the beach and being able to enjoy the ocean should not require you to be a millionare.

It sounds like you own nice sandy beach front propety on top that, not rocky unaccesable beach. This heels dug in mentality is probably why violent conflicts errupt in other nations and why communism is able to take root in many places.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:25 AM

Quote:
You own BEACH FRONT PROPERTY, that is very coveted very valuable land. Dont expect to be left alone.
So, you don't believe in private property, huh.

Expensive cars are very coveted. Does that mean anyone can drive someone else's expensive car for free whenever they want?

Pricey mansions are very coveted. Does that mean anyone who wants to can live in someone else's mansion for free whenever they want?

Do you realize how ridiculous you're sounding?

You have some type of abode, no? Well, there's plenty of homeless out there. Perhaps they can all live in your home for free whenever they want.

It's all the same thing.

Even publicly owned state and national parks charge admission fees and prohibit trespassing.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:27 AM

Quote:
People like the beach and being able to enjoy the ocean should not require you to be a millionare.
That's why there are so many PUBLIC beaches. Use them.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:33 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,882,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Meh, it's semantics.

I'm not concerned about it.

It's the principles behind the terms that carry weight.

I believe each individual has the right to control their body as they see fit as long as they don't...drumroll for Chi...violate the non-aggression principle!

Don't sell yourself short.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:59 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,078,316 times
Quote:
So, you don't believe in private property, huh.

Expensive cars are very coveted. Does that mean anyone can drive someone else's expensive car for free whenever they want?

Pricey mansions are very coveted. Does that mean anyone who wants to can live in someone else's mansion for free whenever they want?

Do you realize how ridiculous you're sounding?

You have some type of abode, no? Well, there's plenty of homeless out there. Perhaps they can all live in your home for free whenever they want.

It's all the same thing.

Even publicly owned state and national parks charge admission fees and prohibit trespassing.
No parks I have ever been to do that. You are trying to spin what I am saying and in doing so is not really going to help your situation. A vast majority of people have my same opinion.

I’m not going to argue with you, you should start setting up your security system, just don’t be surprised when the cops don’t care, I mean I guess you can be but no one will care.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:12 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,882,611 times
Quote:
No parks I have ever been to do that. You are trying to spin what I am saying and in doing so is not really going to help your situation. A vast majority of people have my same opinion.

I’m not going to argue with you, you should start setting up your security system, just don’t be surprised when the cops don’t care, I mean I guess you can be but no one will care.
When someone says, "it's all the same thing" it's usually best to brace yourself for a walloping logical fallacy, likely a false equivication, false equivalent, or even false dilemma.

Here's an excellent (& humorous) list of logical fallacies:

GeekPress

Quote:
Ad Hominem:
This is the best logical fallacy, and if you disagree with me, well, you suck.

...False Dilemma:
I've found that either you think False Dilemma is the best fallacy, or you're a terrorist.
Might as well laugh. Have a nice day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies