Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 01:11 PM

193 posts, read 92,165 times

Advertisements

You know its bad when the only guy in the room who could be against war is mad dog mattis. Bolton ,Pompeo,Nikki Haley on and on

The media may have alot more to report than just hounding the president and his family mercilessly with stormy Daniels stories . What a mess

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/26/m...r-cabinet.html

https://www.vdare.com/articles/patri...-a-war-cabinet

Old 03-27-2018, 01:17 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
I think that's what many of us thought the minute he announced Bolton taking over the NSA. There is little doubt that Bolton is salivating for war. That's what he lives for. And Trump is desperate for a diversion. I attended numerous anti-Iraq invasion protests leading up to the last Republican-led war of choice. Looks like I'll be at it again this summer. Hopefully the sane voices will be louder and less easily drowned out by the warmongers this time around, but I won't hold my breath.

But kudos to Pat Buchanan (Good Lord, did I actually say that?) for this reasoned assessment of what such a preemptive war with Iran would do to this country.

And now I have to go sit in a corner and meditate on the fact that I just wholly agreed with Pat Buchanan.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:34 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,699,244 times
I think Buchanan is asking a rhetorical question, i.e. what possible reason would there be for us to attack Iran like the NYT is trying to make liberals think will happen?

Old 03-27-2018, 01:41 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think Buchanan is asking a rhetorical question, i.e. what possible reason would there be for us to attack Iran like the NYT is trying to make liberals think will happen?
You apparently are unfamiliar with Bolton.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:45 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No, he's not. I read the article in the second link of the OP and he lays out all the repercussions that would follow a preemptive war with Iran, based on all the saber rattling that is starting to come from the administration. Go read the article. There is nothing rhetorical about any of it.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:48 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Bolton is a loose cannon. I don't think anything is going to happen to Iran. Iran is not alone, both Russia and China have interests there.

What is afoot is the changing climate concerning the big 3. China is becoming more aggressive, Russia is gearing up and they're working together closely. I think we're heading full tilt to another cold war and even more small proxy wars. I sure a hell don't know where the new ones will be. Neither China or Russia is going to tolerate anything large that's for sure.

Don't push the panic button people.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:50 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,981 times
Wag The Dog.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:52 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times
John Bolton. Yosemite Sam meets Dr. Strangelove. What could go wrong?

Old 03-27-2018, 01:54 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Bolton is a loose cannon. I don't think anything is going to happen to Iran. Iran is not alone, both Russia and China have interests there.

What is afoot is the changing climate concerning the big 3. China is becoming more aggressive, Russia is gearing up and they're working together closely. I think we're heading full tilt to another cold war and even more small proxy wars. I sure a hell don't know where the new ones will be. Neither China or Russia is going to tolerate anything large that's for sure.

Don't push the panic button people.
There are some scenarios where it goes full on hot war with China. Trump seems willing to do things with Taiwan that will absolutely cause China to have kittens. And that is because he doesn't understand at all how China views them.

But to be fair China is pushing HARD in other places as well.

As for Bolton, I think our biggest risks revolve around North Korea and China. Bolton will absolutely push for war with North Korea, and if China gives push back he wont hesitate to involve them as well.

Bolton is a horrifying choice.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:05 PM

193 posts, read 92,165 times
Bolton writes op eds encouraging first strikes on Iran and north Korea, what an insane pick for national security advisor

Trump has turned his back on almost everything he said in his campaign about us getting into all these stupid wars, getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan etc.. Now we get this monstrous omnibus bill , tax cuts with increased spending, no wall, an interventionist foreign policy and its looking like more of the typical repub administration

It was after an argument over pulling out of the Iran deal when Tillerson supposedly called trump a moron, losing tillerson leaves mattis more and more isolated in a room full of maniacs like Bolton, a war loving hawk who has never served a day in the military

Its like pat said - after invading Iraq, W. Bush lost both houses of Congress in 2006, and Republicans lost the presidency in 2008 to the antiwar Barack Obama.

Trump seemed to understand this history but now he is becoming more and more like a typical republican
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies