Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 12:09 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Give me an example.
lmao I just did. The posted I just quoted which you just replied to. You can't make this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’re a Jesse Jackson fan now?
BTW...I don’t agree with him on that point anyway. I don’t care who’s there when I turn around.
He's a Jesse fan?????? That's your clever response when someone calls you out? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 07:49 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
The police backed this guy. Do they similarly lose all credibility?
Which police? All of them?

Old 04-23-2018, 12:50 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Which police? All of them?
Which didn't?

Old 04-23-2018, 02:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lmao I just did. The posted I just quoted which you just replied to. You can't make this up.

He's a Jesse fan?????? That's your clever response when someone calls you out? lol
You guys are the ones that brought up Jesse Jackson.

Are you relieved when you turn around and find that the men behind you are white? I’m not. Nor am I worried if the men behind me are black. Are you?

If you’re scared, say you’re scared.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:59 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tow-california

Spare me fairy tales black men are not getting judgmental racist treatment from cops.
Quote:
Police have alleged that Yarber was “wanted for questioning” in a stolen vehicle case and that he “accelerated” the car towards officers when they tried to stop him, but his family and their attorney argued that the young father posed no threat and should not have been treated as a suspect in the first place.
The San Bernardino county sheriff’s department said officers were responding to a “call of a suspicious vehicle” and attempting a “traffic stop” when Yarber, the driver, “suddenly reversed the vehicle” and hit a patrol car and then allegedly accelerated.
If this is true, then he got what he deserved, end of story. I am getting sick of these criminals and their family's trying to justify their criminal activity and not wanting to suffer the consequence. Threaten a cops life and you're gonna get shot.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:12 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tow-california

Spare me fairy tales black men are not getting judgmental racist treatment from cops.
He accelerated the car at the cops? Kill him.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:04 AM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Because the NRA sells weapons by demonizing black people. They don’t want to send mixed messages.
Can you provide us an example of the NRA either demonizing black people or selling guns?
That's what the NRA does, nowadays.
Then provide some examples.
Still haven't found any?

No worries, it's only been a month. I'm sure you two will come up with a trove of examples any day now.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:40 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Because the NRA sells weapons by demonizing black people. They don’t want to send mixed messages.
The NRA has stores that sell guns? I wasn't aware of that. I canceled my NRA membership, but not because I had read even a single article that demonized blacks. I canceled because the sky is falling phone calls about the UN is going to take our guns, can you donate more money.
Last I checked the NRA accepts members of all races religions and sexes.
Yeah I just looked at their membership application. They don't ask about race or sex.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Castille was practicing his 2nd Amendment right to bear arm. Legally.
Agreed

Quote:
The NRA, alt right, mainstream conservatives, and everybody else on the right remained silent.
You made this up. Show proof conservatives remained silent.

Quote:
Did the 2nd Amendment not apply to him?
Who says it didn't? Except you?

Old 04-25-2018, 01:11 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What were the facts in the case? I wasn't there, and neither were you.

This isn't the Treyvon Martin case, where there was a witness who testified that he observed Martin slamming Zimmermans head onto the ground (or cement ...don't remember which it was), and pounding him with his fists "MMA style." When Zimmerman tried to get his gun, Martin tried (unsuccessfully) to take it from him. He would have used it on Zimmerman, had Zimmerman not been able to get to it first.

In the Michael Brown case, there were a lot of lies told, that were later disproven. "Hands up, don't shoot," was a lie.

Why would this guy have been going for his I.D. (as is alleged) before the officer asked him for it? That was just plain stupid, if true.
The Zimmerman case was anything but open and shut. Not saying Martin was an angel, but he wasn't the one who pursued and pushed the issue. Zimmerman should have done as he was told and stayed in his truck. I know he thought of himself as a super cop, but really he was just a racist little man who has anger and control issues.

I agree with you in regard to the Brown case.
Like you I dont know the facts of the Philandro Castle case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies