Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 06:13 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
People can also exercise their rights to criticize him. He's a public figure now who is out politicizing in the media in an effort to take away the basic rights of all Americans.

So what if he's a teenager. That doesn't give him to immunity to criticism.
Just because you CAN do something, doesnt mean you should.

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Yet he and his sister are fussing because they have to carry clear backpacks. Someone please tell these kids you can't have your cake and eat it too. Don't cry because you want change and some changes happen for their safety but then they cry it's violates their constitutional rights or their rights are infringed upon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQbjUGEyGc

Here's the thing...they are still kids. They are still learning. Hogg needs to look at both sides of the argument and not just what his opinion is. I've said it once, I will say it again. Laws are there they just need to be enforced more than what they are.

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
People can also exercise their rights to criticize him. He's a public figure now who is out politicizing in the media in an effort to take away the basic rights of all Americans.

So what if he's a teenager. That doesn't give him to immunity to criticism.
Criticism is one thing; calling him names and engaging in conduct to smear and slur him is another

Old 03-27-2018, 06:24 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
So which of his stories is true? I'm going to guess the first one about taking the camera to school - since otherwise why would he have the camera? https://www.facebook.com/jasonanthon...8351118001230/

Here's the transcript:

Story 1: "On the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and rode as fast as I could, three miles from my house to the school, to get as much video, and to get as many interviews as I could, because I knew that this could not be another mass shooting."

Story 2: "Well I was in my AP Environmental Science class when the first gunshots rang out. I immediately looked around our classroom and told the teacher to close the door - she closed the door - and then, right when she did so, the fire alarm [unintelligible], so we all started instinctually [sic] and stupidityly [sic] in hindsight, getting out of there walking out. As we were walking out" (end of clip)

Old 03-27-2018, 06:26 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
So which of his stories is true? I'm going to guess the first one about taking the camera to school - since otherwise why would he have the camera? https://www.facebook.com/jasonanthon...8351118001230/

Here's the transcript:

Story 1: "On the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and rode as fast as I could, three miles from my house to the school, to get as much video, and to get as many interviews as I could, because I knew that this could not be another mass shooting."

Story 2: Well I was in my AP Environmental Science class when the first gunshots rang out. I immediately looked around our classroom and told the teacher to close the door - she closed the door - and then, right when she did so, the fire alarm [unintelligible], so we all started instinctually [sic] and stupidityly [sic] in hindsight, getting out of there walking out. As we were walking out" (end of clip)
Both are. the first is taken out of context and covers his actions AFTER the shooting.

Please stop this conspiracy nonsense. It just makes you look bad.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:30 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
The First Amendment only applies to State action. The citizens criticizng him are not State actors.

I don't think that people should criticize him personally, however, his viewpoint definitely needs to be criticized. And this is coming from a Democrat, by the way.

If the national Democrats keep pushing this crazy anti-gun stuff, they will lose some seats they would've otherwise won in the midterm elections. Luckily, the WV Democrats are not crazy anti-gunners like the national Democrats.

^^^^ ALL THE ABOVE IS SIMPLY NOTHING BUT BS !! ^^ It's so obvious there for sure minor segment of society who has been and has had continued influenced education by "Nationalistic" type folks! You know the one's that DJT claims are "Good People too"

Listen UP.. Un-regulated Gun's with ll the loopholes NRA lobbyists has bought from lawmakers will and now be held accountable!! THEY will all be voted out, whether or not you agree or not!. In fact, JUST maybe NRA lobbying will ( Gun Manufacturer's) lose ALL credibility!!

BTW~~ BS has been recognized for a VERY LONG time.. BUT it is NOW (finally) under fire because of the LASTEST target ( Parkland) & to blame/target the victims just makes YOU or any other look Militant>right along with Gun lobbyists! NRA is Not the original as I knew.. BUT got highjacked by Lapierre to take in $$ from Manufacturers NOT to mention $$$ from Russia!!
FBI investigating whether Russia funneled cash to NRA to aid Trump's campaign | McClatchy Washington Bureau

https://liberalamerica.life/2018/01/...rump-campaign/

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/02/...-money-to-nra/
https://politicalwire.com/2018/01/18...n-money-trump/

Old 03-27-2018, 06:31 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's pathetic that the left looks towards a child to be a leader. But when their policies are childish I guess the shoe fits.
"Loves his country" and "hates his fellow countrymen" I see. How very impressed we are you with your pseudo patriotism.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:32 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Just because you CAN do something, doesnt mean you should.
You honestly think it's wrong to critisize a foul-mouthed 17 year old?

Come on.

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Clever enough to make you think for me.
A lovely swerve, but pointless. The fact remains that you were attempting to present yourself as ignorant either to play a part or becasue you truly are. I don't buy that it's the latter so you clearly think there's something to be gained by feigning ignorance.

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Criticism is one thing; calling him names and engaging in conduct to smear and slur him is another
Oh you mean doing the same thing he is doing is off limits.

Leftist Golden Rule = What ever I do is OK for me but don't you ever try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies