Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 10:11 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
Let’s get real.

How many of you would instruct your children to stop hanging out with his friends and instead start having lunch with the school’s weirdo? Hey kid, if you don’t, you will responsible for every person he kills in the future.

As usual, the left misconstrues things. I don't think , anyone is saying the bullying was what drove him to kill. Personally, from what I've read about him, it was only a matter of time until he made the decision to. I think the bullying was the trigger for it.

Think about a group of people playing catch with a hand grenade. Everyone knows it's dangerous and what could possibly happen. Then someone decides to pull the pin... it changes the whole dynamic.

Based on looks along, even as an adult I would have steered as far away from this kid as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 10:13 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wait....and correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he had a huge past of bad behavior, matter of fact, it was reported that show ever had custody of him were afraid of him...that he had a history of mental problems?
the cops were at his house several times...due to reports...the FBI was warned about him and all these issues were completely ignored. Matter of fact, one man reported telling a friend of his that was on the FBI that he was worried about this kid....the kid was dangerous and it was all swept under the rug.

Not sure I know what you mean by what facility?

DCF determined he was not a danger to himself and others so they didn't commit him. He was reported to the police and the FBI as a possible danger, and nobody did anything. Nobody can say this guy was flying under the radar.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
As usual, the left misconstrues things. I don't think , anyone is saying the bullying was what drove him to kill. Personally, from what I've read about him, it was only a matter of time until he made the decision to. I think the bullying was the trigger for it.

Think about a group of people playing catch with a hand grenade. Everyone knows it's dangerous and what could possibly happen. Then someone decides to pull the pin... it changes the whole dynamic.

Based on looks along, even as an adult I would have steer as far away from this kid as possible.

The left isn't misconstruing anything. The original post is pretty clear. The last line of the post:

"I just don't think we should be taking the advice of these kids to turn in our guns for the better good when their actions helped to create the situation."

Old 03-28-2018, 10:15 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I commend Emma Gonzales for admitting to ostracizing the shooter. Maybe she realizes she could have been his intended target and now she feels survivors guilt for those who died.

You could be right. I think both sides of this argument got a little derailed on this thread. When she said ostracized , what did she actually mean ? Did she just avoid him when she could, not say hello when walking by or did she actually do more than that ? Make fun of his ears, call him little Hitler, call him lurch, make jokes behind his back...etc. No one, except for those students really know.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:16 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
The other side of the story.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/2...imes&smtyp=cur

Old 03-28-2018, 10:17 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I think the bullying was the trigger for it.
There were reports him being impacted by the death of his mother, depression, mental health issues, aggression and the recent breakup of a girlfriend.

But I guess some people want to blame bullying as the trigger because some right wing media outlets are trying to blame the Parkland student victims because they are standing up against the NRA. Victim blaming.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:17 AM

267 posts, read 122,061 times
Quote:
I commend Emma Gonzales for admitting to ostracizing the shooter. Maybe she realizes she could have been his intended target and now she feels survivors guilt for those who died.
It’s not her fault no matter how much you dislike her.

I don’t like her but Emma is as guilty of that mass shooting as you and I are.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:18 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Bless your sweet, lil', raised-by-wolves heart.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

"But students should not be expected to cure the ills of our genuinely troubled classmates, or even our friends, because we first and foremost go to school to learn. The implication that Mr. Cruz’s mental health problems could have been solved if only he had been loved more by his fellow students is both a gross misunderstanding of how these diseases work and a dangerous suggestion that puts children on the front line.

It is not the obligation of children to befriend classmates who have demonstrated aggressive, unpredictable or violent tendencies. It is the responsibility of the school administration and guidance department to seek out those students and get them the help that they need, even if it is extremely specialized attention that cannot be provided at the same institution."

Ms. Robinson sounds like an extremely articulate young lady.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
so is she saying he targets certain students, or were they random....

I wish the news would be more specific...not that Cruz should get a pass by any means, but it would help to know...I don't believe we put much money into mental health any more and we should
How would “ the news” know if he targeted or shot at random?

He killed students ages 14-18. He was expelled from this school last year and would not have known the younger kids. He would not have known anyone’s schedule.

He was enrolled in an adult GED class elsewhere. He told the family who gave him temporary shelter he was not going to ( GED) class because it was Valentines Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies