Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 07:11 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,152,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Randa Jarrar can do it. Roseanne cant.
I don't think either of them should get off without consequences for negative actions.

One stops around and says I'm going to do it and get away with it.
One half-assedly tries to explain she's just crude.

Y'all know how the story goes.
She received a ton of flack for her comments about Mrs. Bush. Even from liberal ole me.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:12 AM

10,486 posts, read 6,095,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I bet you had absolutely no problem with Kathy Griffin's disgusting antics or the crap shoveled by SNL though. As long as they keep showing the double standard and hypocrisy then I won't have respect for liberals.
Agree with the other poster.

Go pull up the Kathy Griffin thread.

And the Michelle Wolf thread while youre there.

There are liberals such as myself that spoke out against both of them.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:12 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,453,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Hmm. I'm being serious. It sounds like she needs help with her mental state.
Saying she's leaving twitter then not actually leaving twitter, retweeting people who defended her, then tweeting people not to defend her.
She sounds like an apologetic version of Trump.
Her mind is all over the place.

Maybe there should be a medical term for people who lose their mind on twitter. Seriously I do think too much social media can have a detrimental effect of the mental health of some people.
I'm being serious too. I can see the Trump campaign having her appear at Trump rallies. She had high ratings and Trump loves that. Trump can sell that to his base.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:15 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,802,519 times
Quote:
Agree with the other poster.

Go pull up the Kathy Griffin thread.

And the Michelle Wolf thread while youre there.

There are liberals such as myself that spoke out against both of them.
Yup -- I know that the only thing my conservative and liberal friends have had in common - -or my pro-Trump vs. anti-Trump -- has been the criticism of Griffin, Wolf and now Roseanne.

It's a bonding moment.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:19 AM

10,179 posts, read 6,223,702 times
Ever hear of Paula Deen? Not only was her show cancelled because of her racial comments (N word), but retail stores pulled her cookware products off their shelves.

It even filtered down to her son, Bobby.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:30 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,855,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Someone? could pull what? off?

In any event, not bloody likely the 'someone' is Ms. Barr.
Maybe. I also believe we need to allow comedians the leeway to be offensive. I was watching Steve Martin and Martin Shorts act on Netflix and they say pretty mean things about certain personalities. Things that would cause the media to go into a tizzy if said about others in other situations.

What she said is highly offensive BUT we are all also being played. We have all sorts of problems in this country and this is the big story? That's sad. Can you argue that racism is behind many of these problems? Sure. Giving the "two sides" the opportunity to demonize each other isn't going to solve anything but most people aren't really interested in solving anything but in demonizing others as they seem to believe that's the most important things to accomplish.

Am I going to equate all offensive statements as completely equal? No, I will not. Some do dig deeper but people who are overweight are also hurt pretty deeply when "fat" jokes are made. They are also discriminated against. Because one isn't as bad, does it make either OK?

Old 05-30-2018, 07:32 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,868,093 times
Quote:
Hmm. I'm being serious. It sounds like she needs help with her mental state.
Saying she's leaving twitter then not actually leaving twitter, retweeting people who defended her, then tweeting people not to defend her.
She sounds like an apologetic version of Trump.
Her mind is all over the place.

Maybe there should be a medical term for people who lose their mind on twitter. Seriously I do think too much social media can have a detrimental effect of the mental health of some people.
Twitter-twit-ism?

(Seriously agree )

Old 05-30-2018, 07:37 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,238,871 times
So entertaining watching racists defend a racist tweet.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:45 AM

21,431 posts, read 7,367,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup -- I know that the only thing my conservative and liberal friends have had in common - -or my pro-Trump vs. anti-Trump -- has been the criticism of Griffin, Wolf and now Roseanne.

It's a bonding moment.
Such talk is dismaying to all of us. Sadly, the level of public discourse has sunken in the last few years.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:46 AM

11,573 posts, read 13,884,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So entertaining watching racists defend a racist tweet.
What's more entertaining is watching low-hanging fruit constantly throw out the term racist with every breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies