Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 03:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I recently saw the Cosby show on the "Bounce" network (free digital TV), but there is a release dated back in mid April saying they are going to remove reruns. Maybe they have to run through a season and find something to fill in the time slot.
Well Bounce said they pulled them immediately....the end of April -- April 28th I think.

And maybe Bounce doesn't care about the 'values' for its audience.

I use to live in Atlanta and never heard of bounce -- lol.

Amazon Prime still has the Cosby show. I still don't think that means that ABC didn't have the right to pull their program.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:28 PM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Your the one saying that Ambien makes people eat buttered eggs with cigarettes and eggshells. How many people did that? One... And is that even someone you have personal experience with?

You told me to research Ambien, I gave you my own personal experiences with it. I know the side effects. I never said that was the only side effect, just that it doesnt change a person's ideologies.

Roseanne was a racist before she took Ambien, and she'll continue to be one regardless of what medication she is taking.
I had put the link to the Huffpo article, that talked about a few horror stories including the eggs, in this thread not too long ago.

Quote:
Its a public message board. It doesn't matter that you were responding to someone else, anyone is free to respond. Don't like it, then send private messages.

And yes, I did read all the previous posts in this thread.
Why would it bother me if people respond? That isn't what I had said, at all.
If you jump into the middle of a conversation then don't blame me if you miss the point of that conversation. That conversation was about inhibitions (people doing what they would like to do but normally might not do) vs. people doing what they normally would not do, ever.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:35 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Maybe you should research and read some of the horror stories of the people who were affected by that drug, doing things that make typing a few characters positively tame. Oh yea, they can drive and run over people, not remembering that they did it. They can make and eat all kinds of weird things, like buttered eggs with cigarettes and eggshells in it, and not remember. Have sex with strangers, when they would never do that while being awake and aware. ETC. But they can't type and post on twitter
ahh, you mean reduced inhibitions...

We all know the score, well at least many of us do.
do drugs, drink way too much, get out of your face and we are much more likely to say what we think do what we want and to hell with the consequences.

We all know this. many a drunk gets caught on camera in a racist rant. Many posters here have very likely slept with that guy or girl they really should not have because they were wrecked and let their junk do the thinking.
What we have here is someone who managed to screw up her big come back by spouting nasty stuff instead of thanking her lucky stars to get yet another chance.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Getting old isn't it? You've probably got two more years of this to look forward to. Or re-elect Trump and have 6 more years - your choice.

Americans are known for one trait - and that is not to go down quietly. If you really thought that you could elect a wanna-be despot like Trump and not get the rough edge of wits and tongues all over the world, you are dreaming. This is what America is all about. People will stand up and they will be heard. It's our nature.
The other side is still lacking an alternative but they still have the deaf ear.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:59 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
I'm really sorry about this, but the Democrats are digging their own grave for 2016. Their press isn't helping, either. Their response to the Roseanne tweet and Trump Tweets in general will bolster Trump's support, while driving a lot of us moderates out of the party, with no other real place to land in sight...yet.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:01 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I'm really sorry about this, but the Democrats are digging their own grave for 2016. Their press isn't helping, either. Their response to the Roseanne tweet and Trump Tweets in general will bolster Trump's support, while driving a lot of us moderates out of the party, with no other real place to land in sight...yet.
Uh...I hate to beak it to you Rip---but 2016 is down the trail just a bit..but you're right///Dems lost!

Old 05-30-2018, 04:04 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
One drop rule? Her parents are both African American.
Both her parents were not African either. The idiotic one drop rule once removed also does not apply.

Quote:
Her great grandfather was the first accredited African American architect. His father was born into slavery, and his mother's parents were former slaves.

This isn't people claiming that she is 1% African American just to be able to claim Roseanne is racist. Valerie Jarrett comes from a long line of accomplished African Americans.

If you want to critize someone, be sure you know who you are critizing. The exuse that "no one knew she was black" doesn't work.
Nope , sorry. The word for it is mulatto. The European racial purity rule , and then everything else, is as bogus as your post.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:15 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Spanish varies depending on the region. I assume that’s Mexican Spanish.

The common word for monkey is mono.
It was a Mexican person that called me that word. It happened at a place I used to work at.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:21 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
In short, what you are arguing is that people will leave the Democratic Party because people are calling Roseanne out on her racist statement. Do you have any idea what you are saying?

Old 05-30-2018, 04:30 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
So you are saying that Trump supporters will flock to Trump because a racist made racist tweets that he agrees with? And further, that most Americans will side with the racists as well?

Wow. So you are basically saying that Trump supporters are racists. And I'll agree that after spending the last year and a half reading here, it seems a number of them are.

But you're also saying that most Americans are racists as well, and that I won't agree with you on. I happen to think better of Americans as a whole than you do.

And if you, a self-described moderate, will be driven out of the Democratic party because Roseanne was fired for making racist remarks, than you were never a moderate to begin with. Own who you are, because it's pretty obvious to the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies