Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 04:33 PM

23,596 posts, read 12,543,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
ahh, you mean reduced inhibitions...

We all know the score, well at least many of us do.
do drugs, drink way too much, get out of your face and we are much more likely to say what we think do what we want and to hell with the consequences.

We all know this. many a drunk gets caught on camera in a racist rant. Many posters here have very likely slept with that guy or girl they really should not have because they were wrecked and let their junk do the thinking.
What we have here is someone who managed to screw up her big come back by spouting nasty stuff instead of thanking her lucky stars to get yet another chance.
Yep. But seems we should bring back asylums, anyone who wants to eat a dish made out of butter, eggs, cigarettes and eggshells, but only does it because of reduced inhibitions, just isn't right in the head.
But hey, it's stated on here, with conviction, that tweeting while on ambien just can't be done

Old 05-30-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So you are saying that Trump supporters will flock to Trump because a racist made racist tweets that he agrees with? And further, that most Americans will side with the racists as well?

Wow. So you are basically saying that Trump supporters are racists. And I'll agree that after spending the last year and a half reading here, it seems a number of them are.

But you're also saying that most Americans are racists as well, and that I won't agree with you on. I happen to think better of Americans as a whole than you do.

And if you, a self-described moderate, will be driven out of the Democratic party because Roseanne was fired for making racist remarks, than you were never a moderate to begin with. Own who you are, because it's pretty obvious to the rest of us.
I think that poster was talking about the hypocrisy of the left. Their responses with griffin was fairly telling, some saw no problem with what she'd done, some thought her losing her job was over the top. griffin wasn't the only one that they had backed, seems that the haters will back anyone who hates Trump and his supporters, regardless of how nasty that person is. Yeah, that could drive people away, whether they turn to Trump? I dunno, some had after hillary had screwed Bernie over.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:43 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
But hey, it's stated on here, with conviction, that tweeting while on ambien just can't be done
No one said it can't be done, just that Ambien doesn't turn you into a racist.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:44 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
I think that poster was talking about the hypocrisy of the left. Their responses with griffin was fairly telling, some saw no problem with what she'd done, some thought her losing her job was over the top. griffin wasn't the only one that they had backed, seems that the haters will back anyone who hates Trump and his supporters, regardless of how nasty that person is.
This is untrue and appears to be made up fantasy about the left. Most on the left condemned Kathy Griffin immediately and didn't argue her CNN firing. Check old posts here on C-D just after she was fired.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
I think that poster was talking about the hypocrisy of the left. Their responses with griffin was fairly telling, some saw no problem with what she'd done, some thought her losing her job was over the top. griffin wasn't the only one that they had backed, seems that the haters will back anyone who hates Trump and his supporters, regardless of how nasty that person is.
That is not true.

Most Democrats/liberals/non-Trump supporters thought Griffin's actions were disgusting and did not make excuses for her very poor judgement.

Nor do they feel bad she suffered setbacks in her career.

Words, actions have consequences.

us.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This is untrue and appears to be made up fantasy about the left. Most on the left condemned Kathy Griffin immediately and didn't argue her CNN firing. Check old posts here on C-D just after she was fired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That is not true.

Most Democrats/liberals/non-Trump supporters thought Griffin's actions were disgusting and did not make excuses for her very poor judgement.

Nor do they feel bad she suffered setbacks in her career.

Words, actions have consequences.

us.
I said "some", I did not put everyone on the left in that basket! I guess you're used to those on the left claiming, without reason, that everyone on the right is defending people who say or do wrong things.

I've read that thread, and others, about griffin, and, I saw comments from Trump haters in the real world, too. You'd be lying if you said that not a single person, on here or elsewhere, did not defend griffin.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:13 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Roseanne wasn't making that comment because VJ is black, she was making it because she does resemble, around the mouth, one of the characters from Planet of the Apes, as I think most people can see.

She was making a reference to her appearance, not a racist comment. I think that is pretty clear.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:50 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,302,957 times
Well, whatever. Roseanne is pretty rude and crude and this was just the straw that finally broke the camel's back.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:51 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
think... why does her show get cancelled for a few tweets, yet Bill Cosby, who raped and drugged multiple women, his show is still in re-runs ?

think... who is the network more concerned about - viewers - or the advertisers that pay their salaries ?

think... who controls most the media and who do they hate? Rosanne or her viewers ?
While I personally believe that Cosby’s shows should have pulled immediately, until he was convicted, all the talk was nothing but allegations so I understand why they remained on the air.
On the other hand, there is absolutely no question that Roseanne said what she did, so...

Old 05-30-2018, 05:54 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Roseanne wasn't making that comment because VJ is black, she was making it because she does resemble, around the mouth, one of the characters from Planet of the Apes, as I think most people can see.

She was making a reference to her appearance, not a racist comment. I think that is pretty clear.
I am speechless by this. She also said a similar comment about Susan Rice in 2013. Which ape character does Susan Rice look like?

Susan Rice shares Roseanne's past tweet comparing her to an ape
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...-her-to-an-ape
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies