Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 12:32 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

In the original version they were uneducated, uncultured semi-sociopaths. Is there any reason to doubt that they would be Trumpies today?

Old 03-28-2018, 12:37 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
In the original version they were uneducated, uncultured semi-sociopaths. Is there any reason to doubt that they would be Trumpies today?
I didn't watch the show when it first aired, and I don't watch hardly any network TV now, so won't probably watch. However, from what I have read Roseanne, and one daughter are Trump supporters. Her TV sister, and other daughter are big Lib Hillary supporters as I think John Goodman is as well. I don't need to see people arguing with each other about Trump, and Hillary in a sitcom.

To characterize Trump supporters (Trumpies) as you do above is absolutely wrong, but I know it makes you feel better about yourself to put down others even if untrue.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:40 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You still don't get it, do you?

THIS is why Hillary lost.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:46 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
of course everyone will tune in for the first episode

I didn't watch but heard they crammed in a lot before getting back to the real meat of the show.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:48 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
I'm not a Donald Trump fan or supporter. I think he is an a$$hole, but I loved the Roseanne show back in the day and watched both episodes last night.

I think they have some kinks to work out but it looks like a good reboot. I especially loved the political infighting between Roseanne and Jackie, her sister. I didn't know in advance that this would be a part of the show's reboot.

Politics does not always drive ratings. Her show was very popular amongst Americans and is still on TV Land and other channels in re-runs. People love the show and wanted to see it again.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:48 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
OK...

thefagile's post is quoted below, To OP and thefragile... your Trump Derangement Syndrome has you all bunched up and you need to relax.

Lighten up! OP and thefragile.... it's a comedy with both Trump and Hillary supporters and both of their struggles. With both of your knee jerk reactions it appears you may have TDS.. Trump Derangement Syndrome, it's you who needs help. Relax lol
I think you need to relax.. it's Roseanne

its just a show.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:49 PM

193 posts, read 92,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You guys think the viewership is because of trump? Hilarious!! Did it ever occur to you that the show was popular so people will naturally want to tune in? Like the show will revolve around trump in its entirety? Man, you guys are so sad. You know trump sucks so ANYTHING that could POSSIBLY put trump in a positive light, no matter how inconsequential, you guys will cling to. That is how ****ty of a president you got & how embarrassingly low your standards are. Sucks to be you!
Lighten up francis , you really are fragile

Overall the show doesnt sound like realistic trump voters to me (gender fluidity,mixed race grandchildren sounds sort of messagey to me) but I may check it out . I dont know why Hollywood cant portray real life, the bbc does it with eastenders and coronation street

Old 03-28-2018, 12:51 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
of course everyone will tune in for the first episode

I didn't watch but heard they crammed in a lot before getting back to the real meat of the show.
They did seem to try to cram too much into the first episode in particular. Too much was going on IMO.

They didn't explain the black granddaughter yet though.

I find it funny that the OP is about the Trump stuff when there was a lot more "liberal" lean to the show in that they have a black granddaughter (all the way black and not light skinned/bi-racial - hoping she is not adopted and the mother is black - I'll admit as a black person I always hate it when they have adopted black kids on shows or no black parents - it is just a personal issue that bothers me about some shows). They also have a cross dressing grandson and their daughter is being a surrogate and they were against it and speaking a lot about women's rights to their bodies. So way more liberal/PC stuff going on than Trump stuff IMO.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I think you need to relax.. it's Roseanne

its just a show.
It's just a show which is "exactly" my point hence my comment "lighten up" in response to thefragile and LauraC with the "typical" Trump Derangement Syndrome rant lol. Obviously you just do drive by attacks without reading. Neither acknowledging that the show includes both Hillary and Trump supporters... just the typical knee jerk reaction lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You guys think the viewership is because of trump? Hilarious!! Like the show will revolve around trump in its entirety? Man, you guys are so sad. You know trump sucks so ANYTHING that could POSSIBLY put trump in a positive light, no matter how inconsequential, you guys will cling to. That is how ****ty of a president you got & how embarrassingly low your standards are. Sucks to be you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

The Conners are a working class family of deplorable Trump supporters. That makes them (the fictional Conner family) unique on TV these days. (Roseanne, the actress and a producer, is also a Trump supporter.)

Last edited by petch751; 03-28-2018 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-28-2018, 01:04 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
I'm more interested in how she resurrected Dan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies