Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 04:00 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
It would be interesting to know if a studio PR person also had a hand in her cleaning up her Twitter feed
It was her children who cleaned up her twitter feed. They changed the password so she wouldn't have access, and anything she wanted on Twitter had to go through them first. For whatever reason, they gave her the password in January, giving her full control of her social media again.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:00 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Now the apologists are just grasping at straws. You people aren't stupid.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:02 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’ve seen a little of the Planet of the Apes. I’m missing the racial angle here. They are animals, not people.
Then why say it? Explain why Roseanne Barr would say Valerie Jarrett is the child of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Planet of the Apes?

Valerie Jarrett is the child of African American parents and was born in Iran because her parents were helping to establish a CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL 60 years ago. Her grandfather was the first African American student at MIT. Valerie Jarrett is not Muslim, so why say that either? On a "Finding Your Roots" show, she was found to also be of French, Scottish and Native American history. So why call her a Muslim and why the reference to Planet of the Apes?

I see a change in Trump supporters in a matter of hours. Now they are defending Roseanne as if this all all okay, just like they did with Trump. Suddenly they are echoing Roseanne's "it's just a joke" wink wink.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:05 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
You'd have a point if Kimmel was spewing racism.
So extreme isn't equivalent to racism? The things Kimmel says are far beyond Roseanne. It just shows how biased the Media and Entertainment is today. Extreme.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

Like I said, people can change. Maybe Roseanne will change in her old age. We'll know that, when and if she proves it. Until then, she got her comeuppance.
And maybe she will run for political office...

There's a segment of the population that seems to enjoy casual racism.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:12 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So extreme isn't equivalent to racism? The things Kimmel says are far beyond Roseanne. It just shows how biased the Media and Entertainment is today. Extreme.
Ahhhh... No.

rac·ism (rāˌsizəm)
noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

ex·trem·ism (ikˈstrēˌmizəm)
noun
the holding of extreme political or religious views; fanaticism.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:16 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why else would someone call another Black person a monkey or ape? I can't think of any other reason. That is how it has always been used. And given the history of how that term was used, I figured Roseanne would know better. So it will be taken that way.
No, she didn’t say that. She said she looked like the offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood and the planet of the apes.

First off, Muslims are not a race and neither are the actors of planet of the apes. They are made up humans in costumes.

I have a friend we have callled Neon forever because he looks like a Neanderthal man.

We live in a society that looks the other way on murdering babies for convenience sake, but we go nuts about a harmless tweet.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:17 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
While we are on the topic of Trump and racist remarks:

Trump criticized a black accountant: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

Trump described Mexican immigrants as criminals and “rapists.”

Trump called for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States,”

Trump vulgarly called for less immigration from Haiti and Africa (calling them s___ hole countries) and more from Norway.

He spent years suggesting that the nation’s first black president was born not in the United States but in Kenya and has never admitted otherwise.

He lied about President Obama “issued a statement for Kwanzaa but failed to issue one for Christmas.”

He stated “Our inner cities, African Americans, Hispanics are living in hell because it’s so dangerous. You walk down the street, you get shot.”

He called Puerto Ricans “politically motivated ingrates.”

He called those who were marching with white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va. “very fine people.”

Trump endorsed Roy Moore who spoke positively about slavery and called for an African-American Muslim member of Congress not to be seated.

Trump pardoned –and praised Joe Arpaio, the Arizona sheriff who profiled Latinos and kept immigrants in brutal prison conditions.

Trump mocked Senator Elizabeth Warren as “Pocahontas.”

Trump has tweeted a six-pointed star alongside a pile of cash

While being briefed by a Korean-American intelligence analyst on Pakistan, Trump wondered aloud why she was not working on North Korea policy.

He referred to a Hispanic Miss Universe as “Miss Housekeeping.”

If ABC can cancel Rosanne for one tweet, this should be enough to cancel Trump.
If only he was working for ABC.

To be fair, he did say that he now believed Obama was not born in Kenya.

Then falsely accused Clinton of starting this ugly talk.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:18 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Then why say it? Explain why Roseanne Barr would say Valerie Jarrett is the child of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Planet of the Apes?

Valerie Jarrett is the child of African American parents and was born in Iran because her parents were helping to establish a CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL 60 years ago. Her grandfather was the first African American student at MIT. Valerie Jarrett is not Muslim, so why say that either? On a "Finding Your Roots" show, she was found to also be of French, Scottish and Native American history. So why call her a Muslim and why the reference to Planet of the Apes?

I see a change in Trump supporters in a matter of hours. Now they are defending Roseanne as if this all all okay, just like they did with Trump. Suddenly they are echoing Roseanne's "it's just a joke" wink wink.
I couldn’t give 2 chits about Rosanne, never been a fan. Just trying to calm down the rage addicts on this forum.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:21 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Welp. That didn't take long.

Roseanne can climb back under that rock; she wasn't missed before and she won't be missed now.
I always confused her with Honey Boo-Boo's Mom. Same type of ignorant loser,

Hey..now there's an idea....bring back Duck Dynasty with Roseanne as guest star!!! Hmmm...or maybe a talk show..Honey Boo-Boo and Mom..with Roseanne! They can share ketchup spaghetti recipes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies