Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 05:51 PM

51,736 posts, read 26,043,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I have a problem with that too. Thankfully I rarely see it in daily life. But apparently liberals think racist means anyone who doesn't agree with them.
It could be that you don't see racism in our daily life as you don't know what it is.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,417,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Particularly if Trump waves this off or fails to condemn the comment. Like it or not he's on record supporting her work, so he's obligated to make some kind of statement (...or not. See: Charlottesville)
Her personal statements are not "her work". He really isn't obligated to jump through any liberal hoops, especially given the situation that you've created for his nation in response to his election.

Will he probably disavow her statement? Yes.

Should you hold your breath and are you entitled? No.

11,904 posts, read 5,626,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Not only has Rosanne got herself and all her cast members fired, Rosanne will now be remembered as a racist.
Her original show will be tainted as well.
Which is a shame. I used to like Rosanne. Perhaps they should never have revived the show.
I kind of agree. I loved the original show. It was one of the best portrayals of a working class family on TV, at a time when most programs were about perfect people with perfect jobs, perfect families, and perfect lives, never facing any problem that couldn't be solved in half an hour.

Sometimes it really is better to remember a thing at its best than to try try to bring it back.

33,942 posts, read 22,639,535 times
Quote:
I have a problem with that too. Thankfully I rarely see it in daily life. But apparently liberals think racist means anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Apparently conservatives are unable to recognize racist comments.

Roseanne made a racist comment. Shortly thereafter, Wanda Skyes quit the show.

Was Roseanne unaware that her boss was black? (Not Wanda)

She was an idiot. Stop blaming everyone else for her stupidity.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:54 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,467,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I was thinking it was an Alex Jones thing..but Beck--that fits.

And the base..laps it up like cream to a kitty.
Oh no, you got that part right too. Glen Becks comments were used by Alex Jones to hype this up too.

Honestly if Trump ever makes it easier to sue people for defamation Soros will just hired a couple dozen lawyers and own their houses for this nonsense.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:54 PM

73,192 posts, read 63,046,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I was one of the first to support Kaepernick. My position here is that we need to allow this to play out.
What would be the point of letting this one play out? There is something I'm not understanding.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:55 PM

51,736 posts, read 26,043,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I would love to know what someone like Sarah Gilbert or Lorie Metcalf thought listening to some of Roseanne's conspiracy theories or other comments she might have made on set...
Probably like many of the people on "The Apprentice" who saw Trump behaving like the sexist/racist he is and just kept their mouth shut to keep their jobs...
Unlike Weinstein's proclivity to harass females which was kept under much tighter wraps...
He didn't tweet his liabilities...
I watched an interview with the woman who played the 16 y/o daughter. She said they never talked politics on the set.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:58 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,781,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Apparently conservatives are unable to recognize racist comments.

Roseanne made a racist comment. Shortly thereafter, Wanda Skyes quit the show.

Was Roseanne unaware that her boss was black? (Not Wanda)

She was an idiot. Stop blaming everyone else for her stupidity.

Then put the focus back on Roseanne. She made a blatantly racist comment. That's all. A lot of people are going to lose their job because of the unforgiving PC left.

Stop trying to make it into something bigger.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:59 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,132,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Where does this level of misinformation even originate from? Do people not bother to do any basic fact-checking on any outrageous claims they read on the Internet?

Embarrassing.
The rightwing conspiracy machine has been churning out this kind of nonsense for years. But the rabid right wingers aren't known for their brains--a fact which we are reminded of daily on this site--so they are easy marks.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,639,535 times
Quote:
Then put the focus back on Roseanne. She made a blatantly racist comment. That's all. A lot of people are going to lose their job because of the unforgiving PC left.

Stop trying to make it into something bigger.
Stop telling me to stop doing something that I'm not doing. She made a racist comment and she got fired for it.

Stop blaming everyone BUT Roseanne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies