Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 04:38 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,442,637 times

Advertisements

What if a black presidential candidate had said that he only respects soldiers who weren`t captured?

What if a black presidential candidate had mocked a handicapped man?

What if a black president held office on 9-11?

White privilege? You bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 04:50 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,736,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I admit it. Yes, people in developed nations, of average fare better than people in developing nations.

Does this mean you're willing to accept your white privilege?
If "white privilege" means being able to live in a society built by white people then yes, everyone in America has it. As for me, I enjoy Japanese privilege.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:58 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,736,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What if a black presidential candidate had said that he only respects soldiers who weren`t captured?

What would happen if a black mayor of the nation's capitol was videoed smoking crack?

Old 03-29-2018, 05:21 AM

58,761 posts, read 27,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am black and I agree I have a privilege overseas when travelling as well. When I open my mouth with my American accent and have my American money, I am treated much better than other people in certain countries and especially better than blacks in European countries IMO as black people in Europe are often stereotyped - especially those from African nations - in a very negative way.

I agree with gladhands though. Since I admit as a black American I have the privilege abroad, will you admit that in America AND abroad, that you have white privilege.
" Since I admit as a black American I have the privilege abroad"

The only "privilege" you have abroad IS American money.

Race has NOTHING to do with it.

"that you have white privilege"

First you have to describe WHERE you think whites in America TODAY have privilege today and black do NOT have the SAME privileges.

We have BLACK colleges and do NOT have white colleges.

We have a Black Miss America beauty contest

We do NOT have a white Miss America contest.

What do you think would happen IF we had them?

We have black TV channel

We do NOT have a White TV channel.

What do you tink would happen If we had one?

I could go on but will give you a chance to show "balk" privilege today.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:39 AM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
IMO Language and critical communication skills give us all privilege.

If you talk like an uneducated idiot then you're perceived to be an idiot anywhere in the world.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:49 AM

4,414 posts, read 2,912,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post

A black person would have gotten away with it!! YOu have privilege being black because you get to play the race card! You can insult white people with no consequences.

And when a white person is killed by cops, Where are the mass protests? There hasn't been one even though more whites are killed by cops!

What about when a white person is accused of rape and are INNOCENT. Like Duke lacrosse or the rolling stone fraternity kids.

Or the school shooting kids on CNN saying that it is white people that are the problem because thats who the mass shooters have been. And the CNN host backing them up on that claim. Imagine if they would have said that about blacks!

Or what about all the affirmative action? In my industry you are often required to award projects to black owned businesses. You can't even look at non minority businesses due to rules, laws, etc. Or college admissions.

Or any failures in the black community openly blamed on whites.

THey have the privilege of playing the race card.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:28 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Since I admit as a black American I have the privilege abroad"

The only "privilege" you have abroad IS American money.

Race has NOTHING to do with it.

"that you have white privilege"

First you have to describe WHERE you think whites in America TODAY have privilege today and black do NOT have the SAME privileges.

We have BLACK colleges and do NOT have white colleges.

We have a Black Miss America beauty contest

We do NOT have a white Miss America contest.

What do you think would happen IF we had them?

We have black TV channel

We do NOT have a White TV channel.

What do you tink would happen If we had one?

I could go on but will give you a chance to show "balk" privilege today.
There have been many threads and I've made many comments during said threads about this.

White privilege means that white people are preferred over other people in America. They have less negative stereotypes and are less likely to be judged, based on their ethnicity or skin color right off the bat in this country. Has nothing to do with pageants or TV channels.

All the so called black things you think are so great only exist because whites were privileged in America and would not 1 - let black girls/women participate in pageants; 2 - refuse to let black people go to colleges/universities; 3 - do not focus in the media on issues of importance to black people (so they created their own). Also note that a majority of channels on TV are "white" channels and a majority of colleges/universities in America are primarily "white" universities.

If you create a TV show featuring the word "white" I honestly doubt that black people will care. You all think we care about things that in general, we don't really care about. I remember a white guy creating a dating website called "white people meet" because there is a "black people meet" dating website. He thought black people would "balk" at it and we didn't and all the comments I found about it from black people on black media sites, it was made fun of and laughed at that white people think we get upset about such stupid, silly things. We don't to any wide degree and don't care what you do. Create your own "white" channel and a "white" university and whatever else "white" stuff you want. You will still be privileged though lol.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:44 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,400,937 times
Quote:
So you think the person who wrote blacks are "privileged" in other countries outside of America - those of us who are Americans, said author/idea is "brilliant" yet you being white in America and being treated better just because you are a white American both inside of America AND outside of America is not a "brilliant" idea lol.

You are being hypocritical.
That's what they do. They base their judgments on their own perspective and assumptions. Some white folks comments here have no personal daily interaction with the oppressed race or ethnicity. That's why I give these "black" threads no weight on this forum especially the political side.

If you visit a racially diverse forum (there are plenty), the opinions, facts, resolutions, and comments are different and not about bashing and judgment at every turn including from white people that are active in change and progress. It is enlightening.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:30 AM

4,414 posts, read 2,912,317 times
Quote:
So you think the person who wrote blacks are "privileged" in other countries outside of America - those of us who are Americans, said author/idea is "brilliant" yet you being white in America and being treated better just because you are a white American both inside of America AND outside of America is not a "brilliant" idea lol.

You are being hypocritical.
White Americans are't privileged over their counterparts in Europe or Canada. IN contrast, black Americans are extremely privileged compared to their counterparts in Africa. Basically they could be starving in a 3rd world continent.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:40 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,547,329 times
There is class privilege. Period.

And thankfully, most of us who aren't part of the elite wealthy don't whine about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies