Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 07:21 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Maybe some kids thought his hair stupid and then cut if off some of it. The boy didn't want to snitch on the bullies, so told his mom that the principal did it.

Kids will make fun of anyone who is different.
Pure speculation. At any rate, the thing is to teach kids tolerance of difference, and better yet acceptance of it. Unfortunately, some parents themselves haven't grown up much since high school. So rejection of difference is a cultural problem.

Beyond this, the principal is clearly out of line. At most, he should have suspended him until he got his hair cut - and that assumes he should have got his hair cut. Beyond this, I don't see what is so bad about his hair as in the "before" photo. Certain school officials concentrate on trivia instead of truly disruptive behavior (disrespect to teachers, bullying students, other behavior that can disrupt student learning). How somebody's hair disrupts the learning process of the student or others is beyond me.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:22 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Of course I can't say for sure, but I swear the pictures being featured in this story do not all look like they were taken of the same person. Two of those pictures have a vague similarity to the child in question, but they look more like a girl than the boy in question. Not to mention the glasses being worn by the boy are not the same as those in the other pictures. Of course, that proves nothing, perhaps this child has more than one set of eye wear. But still, all of these pictures do not look like the same person.
Yeah, one hair is curly and the other is dreadlocks. One looks like a girl, the other a boy. Clothes are different. Glasses are different.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-28-2018, 07:22 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In the pics the clothes are different and the glasses are different. One has dreads, one has curly hair.
Exactly what I was saying. I swear these pics are not all of the same person. Not to mention why would this mother just happen to have a profile and back view pic of this child's hair on hand? Is this something new I haven't heard about? I have 2 kids and most of their pictures feature them facing forward. Even when they wore new clothes for picture day or something, I never took profile and back view pictures of them. I'm sorry, but something about this story isn't right in my opinion.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:07 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That is assault and battery of a minor. I would own that principal.
Have to agree. If true, that's assault and battery. Prosecute the principal (it was actually the principal, not a teacher). Sue the hell out of her, personally, as well.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:38 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Pure speculation. At any rate, the thing is to teach kids tolerance of difference, and better yet acceptance of it. Unfortunately, some parents themselves haven't grown up much since high school. So rejection of difference is a cultural problem.

Beyond this, the principal is clearly out of line. At most, he should have suspended him until he got his hair cut - and that assumes he should have got his hair cut. Beyond this, I don't see what is so bad about his hair as in the "before" photo. Certain school officials concentrate on trivia instead of truly disruptive behavior (disrespect to teachers, bullying students, other behavior that can disrupt student learning). How somebody's hair disrupts the learning process of the student or others is beyond me.
What did the principal do that was out of line? It has not been proven that he did it. Teachers, staff, and students are supporting the principal in saying he didn't do it.

I still say either the mother did it hoping to sue and get a settlement, or the kid did it and is afraid to tell his mother. In either event it is extremely unlikely the principal did it.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:52 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,554 times
LOL.

When I was in H.S. the Franciscans would send you to the bathroom with a razor and a can of shaving cream if your facial hair was showing. Happened to me once. Did not have time to shave and Bro. John Patrick sent me to the restroom with cream and razor in hand to avoid a demerit. For those who thought about a mullet (which were "in" then), or let the hair get too close to the collar, scissors were handed to the person. But they cut their own hair.

People are babies now days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies