Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 02:17 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,564,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
More people are killed in the streets than in schools, where is the outrage?

Cell phones kill 9 teens a day...where is the outrage...

Oh look, buy one get one free cell phone.....

I guess you're not dead unless its with an AR and in school....

Not too good with analogies huh ?

People are not using their cellphones to murder others. If people started using hammers to randomly kill other people you don't think it would be a good idea to track hammers - so why not guns ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 02:22 PM

5,911 posts, read 2,834,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's just the same three percent that own more than half the guns already, increasing their stash. Ordinary Americans aren't rushing out to buy more weapons of mass destruction, just the usual terrified gun fanatics. Because you know, 17 guns is not enough for anybody.
How many clubs you have in your golf bag ,14 ? You can golf with a 5 iron. A club for each situation ,right ? Same with firearms.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:59 PM

5,648 posts, read 5,069,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ammunition and women buying handguns are the HOT movers right now.

223 and 5.56 is getting hard to find locally. On-line seems to be the only place I can find the exact rounds I'm sighted in for.
Due to pre-election shopping, I have about 25K rounds in cans and around 45K brass plus supplies for reloading. That’s my .223/5.56 stock. About 18K rounds of .22. Smaller amounts for my other rifles and adequate amounts for my handguns.

Lefties, I’m not the only one or even unusual. Look up and down your street. Chances are some of your neighbors have as much or more.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:04 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/us/nr...27PMVODtopLink

This is not surprising...I'd be interested to see recent guns sales (especially AR-15s)
This is false news.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:18 PM

46,220 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Not too good with analogies huh ?

People are not using their cellphones to murder others. If people started using hammers to randomly kill other people you don't think it would be a good idea to track hammers - so why not guns ?
So, dead is not dead, unless it's with a gun?

Wow folks, you cannot make this stuff up....

Should we start tracking hands and feet, blunt objects? They kill more yearly than the mean old nasty black rifle....but don't let them facts get in the way.....

Old 03-30-2018, 08:21 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
That reminds me of that vlog from Paul Joseph Watson who talk of one unintended consequences of the Anti-gun March: rising of gun sales and NRA membership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNdKI3KB6k
That is one scary looking video. First the second amendment goes then the first comes next. Yes, these students have the right to say what they want to say but pointing at guns instead of taking the responsibility of creating the monster is not the way to solve the problem of bullying. That fisted hand looks like Hitler's Germany.

Where is the tolerance for other people's free speech. Laura Ingraham did not receive her right to free speech. This movement is both dangerous and scary.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:52 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It is the threat posed by the anti-gun lobby that is stirring up fear of a government gun grab. So, who are the fear mongers? They are those who are saying, "We're coming for your guns."

Nonsense!

No one's coming for anyone's guns other than in the over-active imaginations of the paranoid, the 2nd Amendment's going no-where.

The profiteers are those in NRA management who live very comfortably on the $$$ of the paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies