Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 04:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump and Ivanka have stated clearly that Ivanka raised those kids.

Ditto with Tiffany. When asked about a special memory of her dad, she recounted a time when he called her. A phone call. That's her special memory.

Melania has been clear that she is raising Barron. I have yet to see a photo where Trump is even interacting with his son.

If fathers need to be involved with their children so that they grow up to be well adjusted, Trump is not it.

Lots of men want to be involved with their kids once they are adults. BFD.
You have just not paid attention. I remember an interview with his kids and they said they could go into their dad's meetings and he would stop to talk to them. Talk then out to eat, etc. If you depend on an ex-wife's talk you will be naïve, plus Ivanka has said he was a wonderful father. Probably after the divorce alimony was settled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 04:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You have just not paid attention. I remember an interview with his kids and they said they could go into their dad's meetings and he would stop to talk to them. Talk then out to eat, etc. If you depend on an ex-wife's talk you will be naïve, plus Ivanka has said he was a wonderful father. Probably after the divorce alimony was settled.
It's really you who hasn't paid attention. DJT has himself said that Ivanka raised the kids.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:35 PM

33,305 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
The old "leftist working to erode the family" is the RW excuse for women refusing to put up with being treated like second class citizens.

The family erosion problem is not women leaving the family unit, it's men.
It's both. This subject was broached on another thread, and I posted about two situations I know where the women left, and the men were responsibly raising a number of children without a mother in the picture. Frequent CD poster 2sleepy posted in that thread that her son is the one raising his children as well. The two situations I encountered....they weren't alone....the father in one situation knew of others, and the grandparents in the other situation (and thus the father....who was at work) knew of others.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I generally don't like Trump, but one thing I do like is some of the off the cuff remarks from his kids that give some idea of Trump's relationship with his grandkids. The one that probably tugged a smile out of me the most was the vignette that Ivanka related to a reporter off camera, that the reporter later shared (the reporter's idea...not Ivanka's) >>> Ivanka took her then 5 year old (IIRC) daughter Arabella for a walk during the day during the week of the Republican Convention in Cleveland. Arabella stopped them next to a pothole, which got her mother's attention. Arabella pointed to the pothole, shook her head, and said "Grandpa wouldn't like that". LOL and 'out of the mouthes of babes', IMO. Apparently the seed for that thinking = Trump (obviously before he decided to run for President) liked to take Arabella for walks in Manhattan and point out different things to do with construction, including things that needed to be repaired. Of his three oldest kids, he has said 'Ivana gave them to me fully formed' (as adults), giving her most, if not all, of the credit....which is certainly unusual for him.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,433,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Lord of the Flies in the Animal Kingdom. Nothing that hasn't been known since time immemorial.
I kind of have to go with this.

It's not about taking care of each other anymore it's about do unto others before they do unto you. The golden rule, concepts like honor, duty and respect have been discarded in the gutter. I think women are just as responsible for this as men. For every guy out there cheating on his wife who is he cheating with? His right hand? I don't think so.

I have pretty much fallen back on the saying that I think that applies to humanity in general. You can take the monkey out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the monkey. I don't think people are going to change.

We're just not that far from the trees yet I guess.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,751,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Liberalism is our enemy. It is destroying our society. Human beings need strong fathers, they need faith and above all they need to be held accountable to their families, to the country and to God.

Without that it’s all crap which is clearly evident in places like Baltimore and Detroit.
Hmmm is that why the slave masters raped the wives of their slave men? Family values and slavery. Got it...... So that didn't have anything to do with the condition blacks are in. Ok. So our founding fathers had kids out of wedlock with slave women and abandoned the children. That's the legacy. Going to take more than 100 years to reverse that.

Human beings are not monolithic. There are bad BAD mothers and father's out there. Always will be. God an Jesus ain't changing that.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:

Trump and Ivanka have stated clearly that Ivanka raised those kids.

Ditto with Tiffany. When asked about a special memory of her dad, she recounted a time when he called her. A phone call. That's her special memory.

Melania has been clear that she is raising Barron. I have yet to see a photo where Trump is even interacting with his son.

If fathers need to be involved with their children so that they grow up to be well adjusted, Trump is not it.

Lots of men want to be involved with their kids once they are adults. BFD.
Given the bolded, I'll bet if I checked some past threads, you are one of the posters who likes to give not just a normal focus, but an inordinate focus on creepy Trump comments about Ivanka.

Trump and Ivana have clearly stated that Ivana raised those kids, not Ivanka, as you typed above.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's really you who hasn't paid attention. DJT has himself said that Ivanka raised the kids.
Ditto to you what I wrote to GotHereQuickAsICould in post #67.

Ivana, not Ivanka.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:23 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Hmmm is that why the slave masters raped the wives of their slave men? Family values and slavery. Got it...... So that didn't have anything to do with the condition blacks are in. Ok. So our founding fathers had kids out of wedlock with slave women and abandoned the children. That's the legacy. Going to take more than 100 years to reverse that.

Human beings are not monolithic. There are bad BAD mothers and father's out there. Always will be. God an Jesus ain't changing that.
What is this gibberish?

Old 03-31-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Men have options and have had for centuries.

They could keep it zipped.

They could engage in sex practices that did not risk pregnancy.

They could wear condoms. "French letters" have been around for some time now. I think there are writings from the 16th century referring to them.
I agree.

And same can be said for the opposite gender equivalent for women.

I remember one of Gingrich's top POTUS campaign donors in 2012 made some comment about birth control for women in his day (late 1950s or so...before the pill) = holding a quarter between her knees.....and a lot of people, as I've noticed some say in the south, 'pinched a fit'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies