Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 09:00 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times

Advertisements

This sums it up nicely:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.b99635e31ce0

Highlights:

Quote:
It’s worthwhile to identify precisely which social norm Ingraham violated. It isn’t just that she was being petty, personal and plainly ridiculous. What made it stand out is that when adults deal with children, we expect them to be at least a slightly better version of themselves.

If you’re a parent, you may have noticed this change in your own behavior. At least when your kids were around, you probably drove more safely, swore less often, treated strangers with respect, and generally tried to be a good example for them to model themselves on. Perhaps as they got older you weren’t so careful, but the principle still held: You want to show your kids how an adult ought to act.
Quote:
If your defense of Ingraham is, “But David Hogg said some mean things on Twitter!” then you ought to think about whether there might be a better response for you to make as an adult. You could decide to model more mature behavior — say, to make the most logical and persuasive argument you can come up with for your positions on the issue of guns. Or you could say, “If he’s going to act like a teenager, then I get to act like a teenager right back!” That seems to be what Ingraham thought, and the nearly universal response was, “Sheesh, grow the hell up.”
Quote:
It would be naive to think that these kind of sub-controversies around the Parkland students will transform our entire political debate and make it more thoughtful and civil. But maybe we should reflect on this: When we’re dealing with kids, it might provide an occasion to set a good example, not just for them, but also for ourselves.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:06 PM

37,175 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is that attacking the messenger has become all to popular in political discourse. While I find it distasteful Ingraham did nothing that has not been going on forever and worse since the advent of talk radio and the internet. I don’t consider 17 year olds as children. If they dish it out they better be able to take it.

If this leads to improving political discourse I will be pleased. However I believe it is simply a tactic to silence those who disagree.
Or dish out a helluva lot more of it in response, and maybe drive her off the air. When she dished it out she probably hadn't expected to light the fuse on a bomb under her chair. She should mind her mouth in the future.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:08 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Adults (mostly) bullying children... SMH...

AND this is after they call them children, and say that what they have to say is meaningless, because they are young and know no better. And then go on to bully them...

Tired of it.

That's all.
Maybe the adult democrats shouldn't be hiding behind the skirts of a bunch of kids while pushing their agendas. They first tried with the DACA, and not they are trying to use them again with this school shooting. (PS, I wouldn't be surprised democratic government leaders were behind the shooting and it's why democratic Sheriff Israel told his deputies to stand down )

And Hoggs is the the son of a former FBI agent and CNN reporter... Nothing coincidental about that at all.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Hopefully many people will boycott and block any post or tweet but Hogg who clearly has shown who isnis and what he stands for.

Hogg is not a young guy who makes sense but a propaganda activist who resembles times where young people marched behind a dictator and mass murderer.

For Hogg to Call for boycotts of people who don’t agree with him and his views, including asking for people to boycott the State of Florida, to me is a reason to call for a boycott against this young guy!
Boycott Hogg!
Oooh! What you said!

I hope he doesn't see your post. You might have to go join Laura, wherever she went.

Last edited by cuebald; 04-01-2018 at 09:24 PM..

Old 04-01-2018, 09:25 PM

This thread makes me wonder if anybody has sent the link to David.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:31 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
No, she didn't bully him.

However, he is bullying her now. If lefties are so concerned about bullying they would be concerned with anyone who is bullying, they are not so very concerned it appears. They've also given Gonzales a pass for bullying the shooter.
That's pure bull****. Why are you repeating proven lies?

Old 04-01-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Always hard to say.
Attached Thumbnails
Camera Hogg's widdle feeeeewwings were hurt so he's striking back-plato.jpg  

Old 04-01-2018, 09:42 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
This thread makes me wonder if anybody has sent the link to David.
Go ahead, invite him to come here. We will take that chance to tell him to stop letting the left control him. To not be so rigid in his demands. Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
What is a proven lie?
He didn't whine? Yes he did, where is it proven that he didn't?
That Gonzales didn't bully him? Yes she did. The Snopes article did not say that she didn't, instead they said she had a reason to do so. So, where is it proven that she didn't?

eta
Or, maybe it's that the left really doesn't care about bullying, yeah, good luck trying to prove that they do.

Last edited by berdee; 04-01-2018 at 09:52 PM..

Old 04-01-2018, 09:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Wait - These exist...?
Google it.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:00 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
If Ingraham had simply criticised his ideas she wouldn't be in this predicament. She just couldn't resist the childish and unnecessary dig about him as an individual though. That says volumes more about her character at what 55 years old (or thereabouts?) than his words do about him at 17. She's a seasoned adult and a "professional"; a parent and supposedly a religious person. We should expect more from her and she should hold herself to a better standard. Or at least *a* standard would be nice.
I know, there was no reason to go there. She was just pushing the envelope to see what she could get away with, trying so hard to please the hardcore base of her party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies