Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2018, 06:15 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The NRA has spent tens of millions of dollars since Columbine bribing GOP congressmen to look the other way and not talk about mass shootings and gun control. Wayne LaPierre is the five-million-dollar mouthpiece who leads the pack of harpies. They decided long ago that their guns were more important than children's lives. That includes my children and yours. "Blood Money" is the correct term for the cash they disburse. They are the ones who are oppposed to any sort of controls, be it for mental health reasons, domestic abusers, felons, or whoever that would prevent thme being able to buy a gun, no questions asked.

The NRA speaks for the gun manufacturers, not the members. Corporations do not have hearts or souls, only piggy banks. Anyone who supports the lobbying and bribery by the NRA is tarred with the same brush.

This is what the Parkland Surviors are campaigning for, and the polls seem to be running about two to one in favor of the "Kids".

1) Gun violence research ( which has been curtailed but Congress due to the NRA)
2) Strengthen the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
3) Universal Background checks, and paperwork for all transfers, public and private
4) A high-capacity magazine ban
5) A ban on assault weapons

Now you know the Rest of the Story.

So, below is my post that cuebald is responding to, notice how he did not answer a single question, just spewed talking points...

The only "rest of the story" is that you can cut and paste talking points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee
It's been made many times. He has been shielded by the left, you cannot say anything bad about him due to him being a kid, child, or teen.

^^^ Talking about the NRA...yet people here say the NRA is a single element...then who is hogg talking about when he say "fu.....ers....?

Is the NRA a person, or who is he talking about?

So tell us, what facts has he provide? Other than his F'n parents cannot IM?

If you cannot, then just say "you got nothing."

Old 04-02-2018, 06:16 PM

23,452 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sponsors no longer want to be associated with her point of view. In a capitalist society that's a perfectly acceptable stance to take. Stop being so dramatic. Nobody is forcing her to be silent. She is free to continue to talk all she likes. She obviously knows how to use Twitter and can still tweet to her heart's content.

It's interesting that she has gone silent of her own volition.

Smart choice, if she ever hopes to return to the airwaves.
It's quite possible that at least one of these sponsors made that decision simply because Hogg was bullying their employees, in his effort to force the company to bend to his will. Oh, I guess it's fine when those innocent employees are bullied, eh?

David Hogg Turns On Arby's | The Daily Caller

Old 04-02-2018, 06:39 PM

23,452 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Disgusting.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:40 PM

37,168 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, below is my post that cuebald is responding to, notice how he did not answer a single question, just spewed talking points...

The only "rest of the story" is that you can cut and paste talking points.
I explained in answer to your question who he was talking about with his comments, and I was specific as to who the head person was. That is what you asked for. The facts are, the NRA has the blood of all of the students killed by mass shooters on their hands. The facts I thought were pretty well covered in the five topics.

If you can't comprehend what I post, that is really not my problem. Perhaps you should be more precise when you ask questions.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I’m comfortable with it.
Of course you are....you addressed nothing in my response...so why not?

Old 04-02-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It's quite possible that at least one of these sponsors made that decision simply because Hogg was bullying their employees, in his effort to force the company to bend to his will. Oh, I guess it's fine when those innocent employees are bullied, eh?

David Hogg Turns On Arby's | The Daily Caller
Hey. Whatever works. It's the American way. It's even the Trump way. Might makes right.

Please explain how a high school student can bully a corporation into doing his will. David must be a lot more powerful than we give him credit for. I'll pop some corn and be right back.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Disgusting.
Yes, she is. Hopefully she's off the air now for good.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I explained in answer to your question who he was talking about with his comments, and I was specific as to who the head person was. That is what you asked for. The facts are, the NRA has the blood of all of the students killed by mass shooters on their hands. The facts I thought were pretty well covered in the five topics.

If you can't comprehend what I post, that is really not my problem. Perhaps you should be more precise when you ask questions.
So, now the NRA is just the head person?

I asked for what facts hogg provided, you cannot.

Quote:
1) Gun violence research ( which has been curtailed but Congress due to the NRA)
There is plenty out there, because it disagrees with you does not mean it's curtailed.
Quote:
2) Strengthen the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
What is the ATFE? (know what your talking about in a discussion...

Quote:
3) Universal Background checks, and paperwork for all transfers, public and private
Sure, as long as it's done for every single private sale, ever.....cell phones kill more teens daily....so why should a cell phone not have a background check? BE specific...

Quote:
4) A high-capacity magazine ban
Why? Again, be specific....

Quote:
5) A ban on assault weapons
It's been tried, what happened?

Old 04-02-2018, 06:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
It saddens me that you think silencing someone who disagrees with by threatening their livelyhood is something to celebrate..sad indeed.
Let free market decide if Ingraham's message is worth their investment.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Let free market decide if Ingraham's message is worth their investment.

They are...how many has she lost now? 5 out of how many?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies