Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2018, 09:42 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It's certainly terrible what those kids went through and they should get any mental help they require BUT they are not any more qualified to speak to what we should do as a nation than any other minor child, in other words not at all qualified.
I didn't know that you had to be a certain age to exercise your first amendment right - could you give me a link to that SCOTUS decision?

Old 04-05-2018, 09:42 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You said the NRA uses it's members. They sure aren't forcing their members to buy guns. They aren't using them to sow discord like Hogg and antifa, antifa even went further than Hogg to please their masters, by beating people, even old people, destroying property, etc.
Have you never heard Wayne LaPierre and Dana Loesch speak? That's ALL they do is sow discord and spread fear. They are fear and propaganda mongers whose sole purpose is to help drive up sales of guns and they do just that every time they open their mouths. NRA members are useful tools for the gun industry, nothing more. They don't pay LaPierre a million dollars a year if he wasn't the top salesman of guns and ammo.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 04-05-2018 at 09:54 PM..

Old 04-05-2018, 10:25 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Have you never heard Wayne LaPierre and Dana Loesch speak? That's ALL they do is sow discord and spread fear. They are fear and propaganda mongers whose sole purpose is to help drive up sales of guns and they do just that every time they open their mouths. NRA members are useful tools for the gun industry, nothing more.
No I've never heard them speak. I don't really care that I never had heard them speak, either.

They aren't Ma and Pa Usefulidiot from Hicksville, Nowhere. They work for the NRA and receive a regular paycheck from them. They are obviously fine with working for the NRA, they are adults, it's their decision.

It still doesn't prove how the NRA is using average members, adults and children, most importantly the kids.
Actually, as far as the adults being used, if an adult wants to be used then it's their problem.
It's about how the NRA is using the kids that I really want to know about.

How does the NRA use the members who are kids?
Are they forcing kids, who are NRA members, to buy and use guns?
Do they make kids, who are NRA members, travel across the country giving speeches?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:03 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
No I've never heard them speak. I don't really care that I never had heard them speak, either.

They aren't Ma and Pa Usefulidiot from Hicksville, Nowhere. They work for the NRA and receive a regular paycheck from them. They are obviously fine with working for the NRA, they are adults, it's their decision.

It still doesn't prove how the NRA is using average members, adults and children, most importantly the kids.
Actually, as far as the adults being used, if an adult wants to be used then it's their problem.
It's about how the NRA is using the kids that I really want to know about.

How does the NRA use the members who are kids?
Are they forcing kids, who are NRA members, to buy and use guns?
Do they make kids, who are NRA members, travel across the country giving speeches?
https://images.fastcompany.net/image...nra-heston.jpg

https://images.fastcompany.net/image...10/nra-boy.jpg

https://teachingcriticalmediastudies...11/5553424.jpg

Old 04-05-2018, 11:17 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Checkmate.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:29 PM

Are those kids models, who, they and their parents, are using the NRA for modeling careers? In the ones that show their names, is that truly their name or is it a stage name, because they are models? Are they NRA members?
Or, are they just average kids, like Hogg?

(I really don't have much of a problem with child actors and models, I may not really like it but it is, and has been, acceptable to the masses. If anything, their own parents are the ones to point fingers at.)

Old 04-05-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Checkmate.
Lol, no.

When I had posted the prior comment I had thought to say, no child models/actors, but I figured people were smart enough to discount them. After all, with child actors/models, who is using who? The kids, and their parents, are going after modeling/acting careers, and the money that comes with it, and they are using the companies to try to achieve it.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:26 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Voting too.

Or we could go back to property owners only voting, so there is some skin in the game to be taxed.
Nope. That’s ridiculous and Unconstitutional.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:03 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why shouldn't he have the right to say whatever he wants, whether he's 17 or 75? I just don't follow your l reasoning. He's not inciting riots, he's not threatening anyone or harming anyone, it seems that you just don't like what he has to say and for some odd reason think that if you don't like it he shouldn't have the right to say it.
Because those that support him, and his language he uses, blow it off as he is a kid, child, or teen. Yet you complain about how trump or any other adult speaks.

So, when he turn 18, which way are you going? Will you then brow beat him because of the way he talks or will you just blow it off? Do you agree with what he said about his parents?

He can say what ever he wants, and I've said it before in this thread, he needs to learn how to articulate how he speaks....curse this, curse that (insert what ever curse word you want, if I Put anything else)....is not the way to speak to prove a point.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:04 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He isn't taking away anyone's "constitutional rights". I drive by planned parenthood every day and see 10 or 12 people out there waving anti-abortion signs, they are demonstrating peacefully and letting people know what their belief is, I don't think that means they are trying to take anyone's rights away- do you?
Impression....man the left need to comprehend what the read.....not what they think they read...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies