Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 08:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh really? Just give it a second or two; there'll be another shooting event and another Hogg to champion a cause for change.................it's as inevitable as Trump lying while whining.

You are not hearing much about Cruz, either.
You would not believe me if I told you why.

Hoggwash and the fab 4, were used and abused to get people to surrender their rights, on a false narrative.
The truth has been exposed, what this was. The cover up in the Sheriff's dept.... Follow the money. Always follow the money, not what the right or left hand is doing. That is just the theater.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yet the students, union activists, and government schools were allowed to speak about taking Constitutional Rights away from the law abiding.
They don't go to a shooting range to talk about gun control. Don't take your pro-gun speeches to a place where youth witnessed the slaughter of their classmates and friends from gunfire just 2 months ago.

Seriously, the gun rights people need to use some common sense.

Last edited by jojajn; 04-15-2018 at 10:00 AM..

Old 04-15-2018, 08:56 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
They don't go to a shooting range to talk about gun control. Don't take your pro-gun speeches to a place where youth witnessed the slaughter of their classmates and friends from gunfire just 2 months ago.

Seriously, the gun nuts need to use some common sense.
Yes, God forbid someone goes to a school and teaches kids to respect out civil rights.

I'm embarrassed for the OP.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This is how you talk about high school students?

Where do you stand on the Right to Life spectrum? Just curious.
That is how I talk about people that are so ignorant and naive, they get exploited, for a use and discarded.
High school students with enough balls to bully me, will be met with much friction, to point out their immaturity and lack of rational reasoning.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:07 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,846,980 times
Quote:

Common sense...

plus sensitivity.

But that's asking too much, I suppose....

Old 04-15-2018, 09:07 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The fact is millennial's are the biggest voting block since the baby boomers and they are organized with a cause. We should be proud of these young people's dedication instead of putting them down and making fun of them. Just remember these kids may or may not take care of you in your old age.

The students who organized and protested are not Millennials. They're post-Millennials aka iGeneration or Generation Z.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:09 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,706,529 times
Quote:

The school is exactly where this conversation needs to take place. It is evident from the student protests that the kids aren't being taught about the Constitution by their teachers, so someone needs to fill them in.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:10 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:

Does the public sector own the gun ranges, and pay for them? Last time I checked schools are public places, and I pay for them, so I am free to protest there if I want. I can think of no better place than that to be PRO CONSTITUTION, and PRO citizen's RIGHTS.

Calling me a "gun nut" just makes you look like an idiot.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:11 AM

37,182 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Same with Planned Parenthood who some/many would argue are directly involved in killing but I don't see you advocating their demise...... I Wonder why?
Cell clusters are not human beings any more than warts. Analogy fail.

If you really want to get serious, why aren't you trying to shut down fertility clinics where millions of eggs are fertilized every year and the zygotes dumped down the sink...?

Also, you are, of course, in favor of every child already born being fed, clothed, housed, educated, and supplied with medical care whether or not their parents are able to provide it, at taxpayer expense if necessary, yes...?

Old 04-15-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If his sole reason for rejecting the nominee was skin color and there were no other factors, yes, that would not make sense and I would not support it.

If his reason was that he was concerned that the court wasn't diverse enough, it's not about skin color, it's about diversity. It's about having a court that is made up of people who more closely represent the demographics of the country they represent.

So... what was it?

To even suggest it....
He gets the double standard pass!

This is just disgusting, anyone would justify that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies