Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 01:53 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

So - old lady calls out millennial on social media, gets schooled, issues half-hearted apology, and conservatives lose it.

The new normal, I guess.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:55 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
You folks just keep on being as sweet as you can be towards these young people, don't you? I smell fear.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:55 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
We already have the same for guns. Laws in neither case prevent 100% of deaths.

Millions of law-abiding gun owners have killed no one. Neither they nor guns are the problem.
Then those laws need to be revisited. A solution must be had because the current circumstances are untenable. Tolerance of mass murder is insanity.

So you don't care about shooting victims? You weren't very clear. Perhaps you should focus your ample attention on solutions, instead of condemning survivors.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:56 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
that's whining?
Keep reading. He even whined about gorging on muffins to dull the sting of the rejections.

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Can't have it both way, folks.

He's either a "child", and as such, has no business demanding that adults have their rights stripped from them, as he lacks the experience and wisdom to make an educated comment on that. To attack that child is not nice.

Or he's an adult, who knowingly and willingly stepped onto the public stage, called innocent Americans murderers, and demanding gun control. To attack that adult is acceptable.
Would you prefer "young adult" or "teen"?

Even kids are allowed to have a opinion, and express it. And he has some experience that many here do not-of having his classmates killed. He BY FAR has more experience and wisdom on that topic then most.

But if you feel his wisdom, and experience are invalid-then go ahead. Attack THOSE ideas. Not him.

You're trying to twist things in any way you can to make this sort of nonsense OK. Its not. Its sad and pathetic. When you can't address the topic, you try and make it about the person.

Sometimes it IS about the person when they show a repeated behavior, or when their character is important. This is not one of those times.

3,841 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This doesn't surprise me at all. This is the GOP's MO. But they are on the losing side of this issue, and this coming of age generation will not forget it.

The DNC's MO is George Soros. And tell me, who's losing again? Is Hillary in the WH?

Old 03-29-2018, 02:02 PM

271 posts, read 566,966 times
Have any of you guys watched his interview with Bill Maher? I didn't have any particular opinions about this kid but after seeing the interview, my opinion about him is very low

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcsKMie6M94

Old 03-29-2018, 02:02 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
The DNC's MO is George Soros. And tell me, who's losing again? Is Hillary in the WH?
What does Hillary have to do with this? I mean aside from being your go-to deflection?

In the meantime, keep attacking and ridiculing the largest generation since the baby boomers, who are engaged, are coming of age right now and will be a huge voting block in the very near future. That sounds like a sound policy going forward.

The right is shooting itself in the foot by going after these kids, but I for one want you guys to keep it up. Call them names and ridicule them on national television and in blogs and tweets, and lose their votes for life. Works for me.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, there is a moral high ground. The person who attacked a student for not getting admitted at every school he applied at is not on the moral high ground. The student is.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:07 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Here's what gets me:

High school kids are WAY meaner than this to each other on a daily basis.

They constantly call each other names and drop the f bomb and every other horrible word. The only thing meaner than high schoolers are middle schoolers.

And Hogg thinks Laura I. should lose sponsors because she said he was whiny?

I can guarantee you being called whiny didn't bother him a bit. This is just the new playbook by SJW....I don't like what you said, so I'm going to pitch a fit. He's trying to extend his 15 minutes.

BTW, as a UCLA grad, I'm glad he got rejected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies