Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 11:57 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Question: As tens of thousands of black people have been dying in our inner cities for going on decades, where have these enlightened kids been?

Apparently it takes their kind of people to be killed for them to take action?
It took a horrifying massacre for these kids to be thrust into the national spotlight. Would you have paid 5 seconds worth of attention to them otherwise? No, of course you wouldn't. Have you paid attention to those who try to improve inner-city safety for black people? Again, no, you have not.

Whataboutism isn't an argument, it's a diversion tactic.

Quote:
And BTW, most of the people I know have "that job/that nice car/that nice house (maybe not so large) and (so far) fulfilling lives.
I guess all is well with the world, then.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, Trump has little knowledge of what he should. And zero experience leading ANYTHING.
now, now. Give him some credit at least.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:59 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
There's never a shortage of venom spewed on CD, particularly in the P&OC sub-forum (which is why I take frequent breaks), but, quite frankly, this is a new low, OP. It's disgusting.

I think most of the haters on here are simply jealous of this young man's youth, his intelligence, and the fact that he, like many of these kids we've heard speak, show undeniable potential for great success and leadership. Maybe they're much more confident, eloquent, and unflappable at their tender age than you were at the same age -- or your current age. These kids are impressive, and it's obvious you're seething with resentment.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:59 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Quite so!

Her whiney statement was no apology. No genuine remorse and no admission of wrong. She could use a thorough examination of conscience, but she won't.

She's just a moaning dog ...
I see..Hogg calls ALL NRA members "child killers" and no one says a word..Laura responds to something Hogg himself said, and she is called a hate filled monster...maybe Hogg needs to issue a public apology

Old 03-30-2018, 12:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I see..Hogg calls ALL NRA members "child killers" and no one says a word..Laura responds to something Hogg himself said, and she is called a hate filled monster...maybe Hogg needs to issue a public apology
She's a sociopath so she cannot stop the puke that comes out of her mouth. When did she become the official spokesperson for the NRA? After or before she decided to go down on her knees for them?

Old 03-30-2018, 12:11 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Question: As tens of thousands of black people have been dying in our inner cities for going on decades, where have these enlightened kids been?
Most of these enlightened kids haven't been around for decades. That would be why they are kids, and not adults.

Old 03-30-2018, 12:12 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
I see..Hogg calls ALL NRA members "child killers"...
Oh yes. Each and every one of them. That's clearly what he meant to imply. You, personally. He thinks you kills children. Yep, you're the victim, congrats.

Old 03-30-2018, 12:17 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I just read Camera Hogg wasn't even at school the day of the shooting. By the way, is he 18 yet?

Disney made Joyless Behar apologize, though it took her a while, and Christians graciously accepted it. There is no point in apologizing to someone if they don't accept it. Why bother?
You need to get off alt-right and conspiracy websites, because that has been proven false.
Laura's apology (I actually think she is one of the better contributors on Fox) wasn't authentic. She was trying to not lose advertising money.

Irrespective of your opinion on guns, Hogg deserves mad props for this. Laura tried to clown on him, and he ****ing demolished her. Is it 8 advertisers who already pulled ads from her show? Taken down by a kid who didn't even get into college.

Old 03-30-2018, 12:33 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It took a horrifying massacre for these kids to be thrust into the national spotlight. Would you have paid 5 seconds worth of attention to them otherwise? No, of course you wouldn't. Have you paid attention to those who try to improve inner-city safety for black people? Again, no, you have not.

Whataboutism isn't an argument, it's a diversion tactic.
They were 50 dead Bostonians last year, some killed in my own neighborhood, what will it take for those deaths to be thrust into the national spotlight? Do they all need to be killed at once?

I don't own a gun and have no problem with these protests but this kid is going off script.

Quote:
I guess all is well with the world, then.
No, but it certainly isn't the "B.S." that you think these children magically know it to be.

Old 03-30-2018, 12:37 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
He insulted every law abiding gun owner in the U.S. whom have done nothing wrong. Then he tells them he wants to take their lawfully owned guns away by force. So we, and people in the media should sit idly by, and just shut up, and take it? Hell no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies