Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 09:34 AM

18,464 posts, read 15,244,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Yes, but then now isn't that exactly the same reasoning the Jews use justify their being there?

Or are we going with the "Well, the British said we could have it!" argument today?
Apples and oranges.

You are forgetting that the Jews accepted the two state solution that was handed to them right from the start. So they have a country. An official country. It is the Palestinians that thought they could have it all, so they rejected a country of their own, right from the start, and multiple times since then. So they dont have a country.

Like I said, they are like children:

“You can have an ice cream cone.”

“NO! I WANT A HOT FUDGE SUNDAY!”

“It’s an ice cream cone or nothing.”

<with arms crossed> “THEN I WANT NOTHING. HMFF!!!”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 09:38 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEHelp View Post

Bottom line, Israel better be prepared to go at the long-term alone. The world has always, and will always hate Jews. UN, EU, Arab countries, England, Democrats, Libertarians etc...
Most Jews are liberal and Democrats, so that's sorta confusing me.
(Believe me, I know many thousands)...
Jews thrived in Newport RI and elsewhere in the 1600's under British Rule.

What are the cities in the USA with the most Jewish Folks?

1. NYC - Liberal
2. Miami- Liberal
3. LA - Liberal
4. Philly - Liberal
5. San Fran - Liberal
6. Boston - Liberal
and so on.....

Old 03-30-2018, 09:45 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Most Jews are liberal and Democrats, so that's sorta confusing me.
(Believe me, I know many thousands)...
Jews thrived in Newport RI and elsewhere in the 1600's under British Rule.

What are the cities in the USA with the most Jewish Folks?

1. NYC - Liberal
2. Miami- Liberal
3. LA - Liberal
4. Philly - Liberal
5. San Fran - Liberal
6. Boston - Liberal
and so on.....
It confuses me too because the Liberal/Progressive/Democrat party is no friend to the Jews.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:50 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,873 times
Quote:
It confuses me too because the Liberal/Progressive/Democrat party is no friend to the Jews.
I never understood it either. I always figured its because they have essentially been perpetual victims over time so they feel the need to sympathize with other supposed perpetual victims.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
I never understood it either. I always figured its because they have essentially been perpetual victims over time so they feel the need to sympathize with other supposed perpetual victims.
The Jews in Israel have decided to no longer be victims, and there are a lot more conservatives there than there are here in the states. It is much more pressing for them to not be victims. Here, they feel a sense of security, which I dont think is a good thing because it is a false sense of security.

I would also point out that their refusal to be victims anymore is the reason their country is hated so much.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:09 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
Yeah, I think that's a part of it...good point. But I also feel that because of the long history of being victims, they want to get along with the party that pretends to be the righteous voice. Many desperately want to be liked and fit in. I can't blame them but it's the wrong party. Plus, many Liberal Jews have been taught for generations that Democrats are their friends but that time has long passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The Jews in Israel have decided to no longer be victims, and there are a lot more conservatives there than there are here in the states. It is much more pressing for them to not be victims. Here, they feel a sense of security, which I dont think is a good thing because it is a false sense of security.

I would also point out that their refusal to be victims anymore is the reason their country is hated so much.
So true, many Jews here have the "it can't happen here" syndrome which is quite dangerous. I have met many Jews who refuse to stand up and fight against ant-Semitism as they don't feel that it's worthy of their time, don't want to stick out and would rather others fight their fight for them. Been down that road many times.

...and I agree, Israel is strong and refuses to be the victim which goes against everything the world wants them to be. Weak and powerless.

I just wish Jews promoted more "Krav Maga" and less "Larry David".

Old 03-30-2018, 10:16 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
They dont have the luxury of taking chances with unauthorized aliens crossing their border. Especially when so many of those aliens are taught from a very young age to hate and kill them.

Under those circumstances, force is not cowardly. It is self preservation.
I don't see how this situation is one iota different from how minorities are taught to hate White people in the USA. Thus, I don't see why inter-group policies should be different unless they are changed everywhere. The hyperbole about Jews in Israel, specifically, is unconvincing. What are they doing to shout down the racist Left outside of Israel? In fact, political Judaism has done nothing but encourage immigration to Europe of the same people that they would keep out of Israel.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's a part of it...good point. But I also feel that because of the long history of being victims, they want to get along with the party that pretends to be the righteous voice. Many desperately want to be liked and fit in. I can't blame them but it's the wrong party. Plus, many Liberal Jews have been taught for generations that Democrats are their friends but that time has long passed.

So true, many Jews here have the "it can't happen here" syndrome which is quite dangerous. I have met many Jews who refuse to stand up and fight against ant-Semitism as they don't feel that it's worthy of their time, don't want to stick out and would rather others fight their fight for them. Been down that road many times.

...and I agree, Israel is strong and refuses to be the victim which goes against everything the world wants them to be. Weak and powerless.

I just wish Jews promoted more "Krav Maga" and less "Larry David".
Me too. But I love Larry David anyway. He’s the funniest sit-com writer out there in my opinion.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:21 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
why are still in the middle east and dealing with this crap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1s2NFOGyg

Old 03-30-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I don't see how this situation is one iota different from how minorities are taught to hate White people in the USA. Thus, I don't see why inter-group policies should be different unless they are changed everywhere. The hyperbole about Jews in Israel, specifically, is unconvincing. What are they doing to shout down the racist Left outside of Israel? In fact, political Judaism has done nothing but encourage immigration to Europe of the same people that they would keep out of Israel.
What could the Jews in Israel be doing to shout down the racist Left outside of Israel? They haave a lot on their plate, just defending their own existence. People dont listen to them when they are doing that, so what hope would they have of branching out at this time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies