Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2018, 12:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Pruitt's signature is on the paperwork authorizing the raises.

BTW, the money came from a clean water fund meant for dealing with clean water emergencies.
l
Surely that is fraud or some similar crime
To misuse public funds in that way
The woman wasn't even going to work!!

Old 04-07-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
EPA chief Scott Pruitt spent millions on security and travel, according to sources, documents - Chicago Tribune

20-person full-time security detail? Sound-proof phone booth and bullet-proof desk, in his office? What’s he up to, and who is he afraid of?
He is afraid of someone who loves the Earth and has access to an assault rifle
And I guess that could be viable
But the Secret Service does a threat assessment for all cabinet officers and decides how much of a security detail they should have
And they didn't see the need for this level for Pruitt
Even knowing what an a-hole he is...

Old 04-07-2018, 12:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When he was the Oklahoma AG he allowed Tyson to foul rivers without penalty, now he is rewarding his people with clean water act funds that were supposed to be used for water quality experts. Amazing, why is he still here. I would think that he would have to sign off on a raise for his closest aides. Kelly is now calling for hi resignation but if that takes place what will the replacement look like, maybe the head of Murray Energy is next in line.

I don't hear "drain the swamp" from Trump's supporters anymore, I wonder why.
Scott Pruitt is just dirty and I do mean filthy with corruption.

Nope; haven't heard 'drain the swamp' in a long time from the Trumpets.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:16 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Scott Pruitt is just dirty and I do mean filthy with corruption.

Nope; haven't heard 'drain the swamp' in a long time from the Trumpets.
And we haven't heard any "family values" crap either. So I guess that's something to be thankful for.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:21 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When he was the Oklahoma AG he allowed Tyson to foul rivers without penalty, now he is rewarding his people with clean water act funds that were supposed to be used for water quality experts. Amazing, why is he still here. I would think that he would have to sign off on a raise for his closest aides. Kelly is now calling for hi resignation but if that takes place what will the replacement look like, maybe the head of Murray Energy is next in line.

I don't hear "drain the swamp" from Trump's supporters anymore, I wonder why.
The Oklahoma attorney general, Drew Edmondson, who came before Pruitt made Tyson liable for polluting rivers. So I guess Pruitt undid it. Fortunately, Edmondson is running for governor. He's a Democrat. Louisiana traded in its sorry Republican governor with a Democrat. Maybe Oklahoma can do the same.

Old 04-07-2018, 04:08 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times
The SWAMP MONSTER Pruitt that was enabled by Trump had 19 agents providing him 24/7 round the clock protection. It is estimated that this has cost taxpayers millions. Why does the EPA head need such security?

Old 04-07-2018, 04:18 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Well, didn't trump say "he's a good man" today? We have all learned, that is the kiss of death. He will be gone by next Friday, fired in a tweet sent just before AF1 lands at Maralago.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The Oklahoma attorney general, Drew Edmondson, who came before Pruitt made Tyson liable for polluting rivers. So I guess Pruitt undid it. Fortunately, Edmondson is running for governor. He's a Democrat. Louisiana traded in its sorry Republican governor with a Democrat. Maybe Oklahoma can do the same.
FWIW--one reason OK teachers are protesting their working conditions and sorry state of education is that the OK legislature (GOP heavy as it is) values sucking up to businesses more than putting money in to public schools...
And Pruitt is prime example of the crappy legislators and state administrators the GOP produces...
He is obscenely corrupt...

Where does his personal money come from?
In OK he got paid 250K as AG and was able to wrangle a 600K mortgage on home that was supposedly worth 1MM--
He has been on the tit for private interests for decades...and of course Koch brothers are from there...

I was watching Hugh Hewett on MSNBC Thurs or Fri get his ass chewed by Richard Painter when Hewett defended Pruitt, said he was a long-time personal friend of his and there was nothing wrong with the condo agreement with the lobbyists--that $50 a night was a perfectly unexceptional amount to pay...
I thought Painter would have a stroke he was so angry at Hewett's patronizing people of Wisconsin (where Painter is) for thinking there was anything wrong with that deal...

Old 04-07-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And we haven't heard any "family values" crap either. So I guess that's something to be thankful for.
You will hear that cause the evangelical ministers are coming to pray with Trump...

Old 04-07-2018, 09:03 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Default Some Good News About Pruitt---He's Ineffective at Repealing Environmental Protections

It was encouraging to read the article linked below. Pruitt hasn't been able to actually roll-back Obama-era environmental laws, although he's been trying to do that. An expert on environmental law is quoted in the article, saying that he's just simply incompetent. His personal ethics are what is bringing him under fire lately, but he hasn't accomplished much towards fulfilling the mandate Trump gave him, except delay a few laws that hadn't been enacted, because of litigation.

The right-wing supporters of the Trump Administration, have been giving him too much credit, for environmental atrocities he's proposed, but hasn't been able to deliver. The main result of his attempts, has been to mobilize a backlash against him, by those who support sound policies, regarding industrial pollution.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ollback-217834
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies