Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 04:16 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,625,469 times

Advertisements

He signed the Mumford Act as governor

He supported gun control
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 05:18 PM

37,169 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
He signed the Mumford Act as governor

He supported gun control
He especially supported keeping guns out of the hands of blacks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

Old 03-30-2018, 05:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Anybody who insists on absolutely NO control wants that.
and still no specifics here, just a general accusation that covers no one.

and by the way, you also need to provide some evidence of their want of no control, by action or word.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:24 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,625,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He especially supported keeping guns out of the hands of blacks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act
So did the NRA. They supported the act also

Old 03-30-2018, 05:44 PM

37,169 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and still no specifics here, just a general accusation that covers no one.

and by the way, you also need to provide some evidence of their want of no control, by action or word.
You cannot prove a negative.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:00 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
You cannot prove a negative.
he made the claim, he needs to back it up now.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:31 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Reagan? If he was still president, he'd put a stop to all this damned nonsense.
Well, concerning the middle one, if that were to be effective, then what happens in court has to be stopped.

This is why one carries a gun as much as possible.

As civilians, we are expected to avoid the areas where we expect we would need a gun. We carry a gun as much as possible, to as many areas as possible, so, if we need a gun, our expectation of that day was like any other day.

If we have to use that gun, we are probably going to end up in court. We do not want the opposing counsel to be able to show premeditation. Such as,

"So, Ms. Ounce, on the day you shot my client, you feared him. You strapped on your gun, something you don't do much at all, so when you met my client, you could shoot him.".

Now, it may not have been quite like that but that might be the interpretation the jury accepts to condemn us.

So one carries a gun all the time so it is like any other article that one carries, so they have no expectation that they would need to use it on any particular day, so that day is like any other day.

If that middle poster of Reagan saying there is no reason for anyone to carry a gun on the street is to be valid, then people should not be penalized when they believe they are in situations where they have to defend themselves.......

.................but that's not the way it works in our world, is it?

As far as the other posters go, well, the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or sport, but I will leave it at that for now.

Now, one other thing about that era. Currently I am making working copies of a lot of my adult films from that era and the opening of many of them are talking about how the government is trying curtail 1st Amendment rights. How interesting it is the focus between the eras. Then, the major focus seems to have been 1st Amendment, now the major focus seems to be 2nd Amendment.

Should one ever trust the government completely?

Quote:
And some believe guns should be available uncontrolled to convicted felons, the mentally ill, and known terrorists among others.
When you say "known terrorists", are you referring to that those on the No Fly List should not be able to buy guns?

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-31-2018 at 06:48 AM..

Old 03-31-2018, 06:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
He was more than shot at. He was actually hit and was lucky to survive surgery.

If I remember correctly, President Reagan, the first President of the United States that I had the good fortune to vote for, did not politicize it.

Google is your friend.

To me, it is Fake News.

I was there. I don't need Google to remember what happened.

Btw, Google was NOT there.
You were standing next to him when he was shot?

Old 03-31-2018, 06:41 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
And some believe guns should be available uncontrolled to convicted felons, the mentally ill, and known terrorists among others.
I don't mind background checks. I do mind however, that I should have to register each gun I purchase. Since it is a personal right, if I passed the background check, then that is all the government needs to know. They don't need a file of all of the guns I purchased or not.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:45 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Reagan was a statist. He favored slavery.
He also started the war on drugs, that enslaves countless people today, either in the private prison systems, or to the gang leaders on the streets, or the drug cartels in other countries. And what about his Star Wars program that is supposed to be a defense system to shoot down missiles or rockets heading into USA territory? That turned out to be a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies