Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 12:11 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
So if former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe lied "twice under oath to the inspector general" of the FBI, why hasn't Attorney General Jeff Sessions charged him with felony perjury yet?

It's not like Sessions himself hasn't seen the Inspector General report on McCabe. Sessions cited the report as the reason to terminate McCabe one day before he qualified for his retirement benefits.

Or is this going to be just another "lock her up" meme?
It's not Sessions job to file charges, it's the prosector's job. Look at the timeline from this week:

- IG Horowitz announces he's moving onto the FBI/FISA court abuses. Note that he can only go there if evidence of criminal activity came up during his investigation into the FBI's handling of the Clinton email scandal.

- Sessions announced he'd appointed U.S. Attorney for the state of Utah John Huber as the prosecutor working parallel with Horowitz. Note that Sessions said a couple weeks back that he'd appointed the prosecutor months ago, so this is not a new investigation being launched like it would be with a special prosecutor. Also of note are the facts that he avoided the special prosecutor's office with this appointment (ahem..) & kept it outside the DC beltway so no pone knew what was going on, including Trump.

- McCabe announced yesterday he'd started a GoFundMe page for his legal defense. The timing of this announcement is obvious.

- The actual charges will not be released until the IG report is released, some time in April. Even then we will not see the entire IG report, rather it's likely to be released in sections. i.e. Clinton email server investigation 1st, along with indictments. Then some time later, the FISA court abuses/Steele "dossier"/Fusion GPS report along with indictments. Then some time later, the report on the FBI's "insurance policy", the phony Russian collusion narrative they crafted. That will likely involved members of the media that Fusion GPS was paying to spread the phony narrative, as well as looking closely at Rosenstein's naming of Robert Mueller & the Mueller team's involvement in the plot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 01:31 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
So currently...We have 2 Republicans leaking this to the news, the report isnt released yet-and even when it is we wont see it all.

So given how perfectly honest politicians are I think I will wait for the report.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:34 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Read McCabe is soliciting donations for his upcoming legal fees.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:04 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I figured it was his for his position in being fired by Sessions who is recused from participating in ANYTHING related to either Trump or Hillary s campaign.
Sessions better hope his friend in Utah has his back, otherwise, Sessions gets to go back and talk to Muellefirings.re opening obstruction of justice in the Comey, and now McCabe firings.

Last edited by what'd i miss; 03-30-2018 at 02:43 PM..

Old 03-30-2018, 02:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
I figured it was his for his position in being fired by Sessions who is refused from participating in ANYTHING related to either Trump or Hillary s campaign.
Sessions better hope his friend in Utah has his back, otherwise, Sessions gets to go back and talk to Muellefirings.re opening obstruction of justice in the Comey, and now McCabe firings.

Too bad a special council has been working side by side with the IG Horowitz, the whole time.

It is all going to go BOOM! at once. None of this trickle down crap Mueller is pulling.
Trump and Sessions are playing good cop, bad cop and the Marxist have yet to figure it out, even on the doorstep of earth shattering indictments.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:38 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So currently...We have 2 Republicans leaking this to the news, the report isnt released yet-and even when it is we wont see it all.

So given how perfectly honest politicians are I think I will wait for the report.
The IG report may not have a lot of details about any criminal conduct discover if there is ongoing criminal investigations. So even if there isn't much about criminal conduct in the public release of the IG report, it doesn't mean the IG didn't find any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
I figured it was his for his position in being fired by Sessions who is refused from participating in ANYTHING related to either Trump or Hillary s campaign.
Sessions is recused form the Russian investigation.

I don't understand why people make claims that Sessions is recused from anything other than the Russian investigation.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:48 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The IG report may not have a lot of details about any criminal conduct discover if there is ongoing criminal investigations. So even if there isn't much about criminal conduct in the public release of the IG report, it doesn't mean the IG didn't find any.

Sessions is recused form the Russian investigation.

I don't understand why people make claims that Sessions is recused from anything other than the Russian investigation.
Gotta go back and listen to his direct answer to Grassley .
At that time, Sessions fully states he is recusing himself from anything relating to either campaign, Trump or Hillary.
I got it from Sessions, himself, through the telley.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:01 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Only a couple thousand more to go and he will caught up with tRump.

Yet neither Trump or McCabe will every surpass the number of lies Obama told. "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." That will be engraved on Obama's tombstone....

Old 03-30-2018, 03:03 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
He maxed out the first day, too.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:16 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
A wealthy couple with their hands out, begging for money from those less fortunate. smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies