Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 12:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Hilarious! You folks complaining about Trump's actions on Easter.... yet you all can't even give it a one day rest. Bunch of hypocrites! How about practicing what you preach and give it a rest for a single day yourselves. SMH!
It is HE who cannot give it one days rest. Tweeting hate on Easter Sunday.

He should hang his head and beg for forgiveness. But - then, according to him - he has never in his life asked God for forgiveness .

Old 04-01-2018, 12:06 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It is HE who cannot give it one days rest. Tweeting hate on Easter Sunday.

He should hang his head and beg for forgiveness. But - then, according to him - he has never in his life asked God for forgiveness .
... not even after cheating on his lawfully wedded wives, or stealing people's life savings.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:07 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
We have people who hate Christianity (liberals) complaining about Trump "violating the spirit" of Easter.

Cmon.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:08 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's non-Christian about wanting to secure our border against non-Christian invaders? Christians do not break laws and take from others what doesn't belong to them. Trump never said anything derogatory about Mexicans other than the ones here illegally and rightly so! As for the DACAs no one should be rewarded for their parent's law breaking either.

And WHAT in the law says people should be punished for the crimes of others?

BTW: "Christians do not break laws"?

Would you really have us believe none of those who've hired illegals for decades and profited from their cheap labor are Christians? Have any evidence of that?

Old 04-01-2018, 12:08 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Any links to the tweets? I'd like to see what is so "hateful".

Old 04-01-2018, 12:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
We have people who hate Christianity (liberals) complaining about Trump "violating the spirit" of Easter.

Cmon.
And we have statements like the bolded that are nothing but hyperbolic BS.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:10 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
After a Happy Easter tweet, an hour later he lashed out at Mexicans, DACA, the Wall and NAFTA.

What a horrible excuse for a human being.
Protecting Americans is not in the spirit of Easter?

Old 04-01-2018, 12:15 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:

Cmon.
I know a lot of liberals and conservatives plus a whole lot of 'tweeners' (mixed conservative and liberal outlook), all of the liberals I know well are practicing Christians although I doubt they all make it to church every week. It is actually quite hard to practice Christianity in this world, especially as a Republican. The Republican party is antithetical to orthodox Christianity.

"But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. Before him all the nations will be gathered, and he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will tell those on his right hand, ‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry, and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in. I was naked, and you clothed me. I was sick, and you visited me. I was in prison, and you came to me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, and feed you; or thirsty, and give you a drink? When did we see you as a stranger, and take you in; or naked, and clothe you? When did we see you sick, or in prison, and come to you?’

“The King will answer them, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ Then he will say also to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you didn’t give me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and you didn’t take me in; naked, and you didn’t clothe me; sick, and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

“Then they will also answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn’t help you?’

“Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you didn’t do it to one of the least of these, you didn’t do it to me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 25: 31-46

Old 04-01-2018, 12:20 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:

Cmon.
They have been trying to crucify him for two years and hate it when he fights back.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:24 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I know a lot of liberals and conservatives plus a whole lot of 'tweeners' (mixed conservative and liberal outlook), all of the liberals I know well are practicing Christians although I doubt they all make it to church every week. It is actually quite hard to practice Christianity in this world, especially as a Republican. The Republican party is antithetical to orthodox Christianity.
Apart from the glaring generalities in your post, that Republicans aren't charitable, it is the Democrats who removed all references to God, and booed His name at their convention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies