Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 05:37 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Texting and driving averages killing 11 teens a day.
We have strict restrictions on who can operate an automobile. Licenses must be routinely renewed. Vehicles must be registered and inspected annually. Every registered vehicle must be insured. You know, common sense regulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 05:38 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Accidental drownings don't take out the guy standing next to you.
Digging around for anecdotal accidents etc. in a country of 330+ million is an odd way to make a valid point.

Posts and threads like this are the NRA's best friends because you come off as extremists bent on warping the truth and most normal people see right through it.

In fact, I hear the same arguments from you guys as I did when we have stormfronters pop up on this forum. "hey look was this mexican illegal did", or "another bunch of black guys shooting each other".

It's ugly and it's unconvincing.

*cough*

Son recalls mom

Old 04-01-2018, 05:40 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
We have strict restrictions on who can operate an automobile. Licenses must be routinely renewed. Vehicles must be registered and inspected annually. Every registered vehicle must be insured. You know, common sense regulation.
And yet people violate all those laws every day.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And yet people violate all those laws every day.
Well, I guess we shouldn’t have any laws at all, if people are just going to break them. Thanks for showing me the light.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:46 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
13% of motorists drive uninsured.

Uninsured Motorists

Oh, it gets better....because so many uninsured drivers are wait for it......unlicensed and uninsured illegals.

In florida it's 27% of the drivers......

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-dan...sured-drivers/

You just face planted into one of the core themes of the pro-gun folks....that people don't follow the laws.

I absolutely cannot wait to hear the responses to this post. Will it be either:

a) Wow, that's huge news, I have to consider that. (lol...just kidding, we know better)

b) Drive-by style empty post then fleeing the topic.

c) Complete evacuation, run and hide under the bed from reality.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:49 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Funny how people always bring up cars and the number of deaths due to accidents or drinking or other bad car behaviors.

Yet every year, we as a civilization put so much money into improving the safety of cars trying to make them more idiot proof. At the same time we battle to get rid of drunken or even tipsy driving. The number of car related deaths are constantly coming down. At the same time, how often at there developments to make guns any safer. Aren't they in fact TRYING to make them deadlier?
Simply.not.true:

U.S. Traffic Deaths Rise for a Second Straight Year

Old 04-01-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
13% of motorists drive uninsured.

Uninsured Motorists

Oh, it gets better....because so many uninsured drivers are wait for it......unlicensed and uninsured illegals.

In florida it's 27% of the drivers......

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-dan...sured-drivers/

You just face planted into one of the core themes of the pro-gun folks....that people don't follow the laws.

I absolutely cannot wait to hear the responses to this post. Will it be either:

a) Wow, that's huge news, I have to consider that. (lol...just kidding, we know better)

b) Drive-by style empty post then fleeing the topic.

c) Complete evacuation, run and hide under the bed from reality.
Again, you’re arguing that people break laws as a reason we shouldn’t enact laws?

Old 04-01-2018, 05:54 PM

8,066 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Thank you for posting this. It is often hard to determine if someone deserves to be added to my ignore list on city data. Since you seem to lack critical thinking skills to the point you would make such a claim is very helpful. Have a great day!

Old 04-01-2018, 06:10 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Accidental drownings don't take out the guy standing next to you.

For realzzzz my nizzle? Lots of news reports about somebody jumping into the river, lake, pool, ocean, etc to save a drowning person and they end up dead. Sometimes they drown but are able to save the drownee or they both drown and die.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Thank you for posting this. It is often hard to determine if someone deserves to be added to my ignore list on city data. Since you seem to lack critical thinking skills to the point you would make such a claim is very helpful. Have a great day!
Well, now, I’m sad. You refuted my point, and pointed out my intellectual deficiencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies