Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 06:28 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
opininf on farcebook can get you fired example #8,402

"Yeah but he was running from the police jumping over fences and breaking in peoples houses... why run??!!! He deserved it for being stupid."

Sacramento nurse loses job for saying Stephon Clark 'deserved it'
If "being stupid" was a capital offense our population would be reduced by a significant number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 07:05 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,390,167 times
Quote:

"Yeah but he was running from the police jumping over fences and breaking in peoples houses... why run??!!! He deserved it for being stupid."

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If "being stupid" was a capital offense our population would be reduced by a significant number.
What is it that Forrest Gump always said... ?

Old 04-02-2018, 07:06 AM

27,571 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:

She is correct. Being shot is a probability that a criminal assumes when he commits a felony. It is no different than losing on a bet.

You reap what you sow.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:13 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
show me your hands if you want medical treatment?

how the hell?

Old 04-02-2018, 07:30 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sue for what? She's a nurse, she applauds the death of a young man who had not been tried or convicted, and for whom there is no evidence that he threatened the life of the police officers. Kaiser is a healthcare company, their image could be damaged by keeping this woman on as an employee, not to mention the chaos that would ensue if Kaiser patients in large numbers refused to be treated or cared for by this woman.

And that was not the only facebook remark she made that was "controversial"

[/i]

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...15&oe=5B348B90

The woman is a labor/delivery nurse, I would guess that some women of color might be troubled having her assist in the birth of their child after learning her apparent animus toward 'certain' people.
Sue for what? She's a nurse and therefore because of what she said that she can not sue? What type of SJW/Alt-Right triggered enabler passive aggressive microgression safe space world do you live in? Please, because I would love to know.

The reason why she has a right to sue, is for one defamation. You can say things, but is that a enough to prove that one is a racist? Not only that, but what she said can also harm the closet people around her such as family and friends who will choose to distance themselves by such wordings. As for Kaiser family healthcare image being damaged. I agree with you on that one. They can loose healthcare patients, clients and vendors who do business with that organization. Kaiser did the right thing to sever ties with the employee. Now Kaiser has to act face to mitigated losses not from vendors, clients and customers, but from a potential lawsuit from the former employee.

If not getting fired for off duty misconduct is not in the terms of agreement between employee and employer, than the plaintiff has a case. If I was Kaiser Healthcare, I would scramble lawyers and consultants right away to revise HR policies outside the sphere of work. Getting fired for being arrested, having provocative pictures on any form of media or film, or saying stuff on social media on your own time are all placed under off duty misconduct. I know of a guy here in NYC that got arrested and employer fired him right away. The guy spent two weeks in a local prison. The employee sued the employer. The reason why? Their was no clause stating to fire anyone based off of off duty misconduct. Employer settled with the former employee, and the employer had to revise their HR policies which now extend into the home of employees. Yes most places have fire at will through out the states, but if you fire someone, you better have a good reason, and it better be in your HR policy. If its not, better get some lawyers and consultants!

If you are a private citizen, and want to make certain remarks. Please don't have a job, or have a job that has a union involved where off duty speech maybe protected.

And look at the bright side sleepy2. At least she is not going to jail. In the perfect world of the SJW and Alt/Right movements here in America. People should go to jail for free speech that either threatens safe space triggered groups find offensive. In the UK, a man is going to prison because as a joke, he trained his dog to do a salute similar to that of the Nazis. Now he is going to prison for a few months. If that was to happen here in the states. That particular individual will loose their job, expelled from college, or even loose a rental agreement for such thing he done with his dog, but he would not go to prison for it. Back to the nurse. At least she is not going to prison, but stupid is, is what stupid does. I hope she learned her lesson from this. And I hope she can move on from this. All I have to say is that, she brought this on to herself. And she must move on. She should be lucky if her nurse license is not revoked from the state. RIght now we live in sensitive times due to Trump being president. Saying stuff that are racist, bigoted, anti government or political maybe grounds for termination by employers. Don't go to any protest, and don't post stuff online that maybe sensitive. Especially if one is employed.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 04-02-2018 at 07:48 AM..

Old 04-02-2018, 07:47 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
"He deserved it for being stupid."

The same could be said for her. In 2018 how could anyone not realize posting something like this on Facebook would lead to trouble?
I agree with this.

IMO people who post stuff like this on FB and it is known where they work, they are stupid.

I've seen people fired for less in regards to social media posts.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:54 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Let's make this easier for some people.

If some person made sexual comments about little kids on social media on his private time away from work, would YOU want this guy teaching your kids?

Sorry freedom of speech seems to be a crutch and catch all, but doesn't excuse everything in life.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:55 AM

One Facebook, just be careful. Not everyone is your friend on Facebook. If one is using Facebook, please check and see if anyone is your friend or family, or someone that you know. If you are anyone is accepting friend requests of someone you don't know, that person may share your post information to the world. Also check your privacy settings, make sure your posts are only to family and friends and not with the general public at large.

Be careful with YouTube. Lots of doxing is going on between SJWs and Alt-right followers due to peoples videos that they produce, or comments that folks say.

Twitter is the worse offender ofthis. This is the reason why I don't use twitter. Say something controversial and expet the reap the consequences from speech.

We live in a world now where "words speak louder than actions". Especially amongst the millennials.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this.

IMO people who post stuff like this on FB and it is known where they work, they are stupid.

I've seen people fired for less in regards to social media posts.
Its pretty simple. Just look up their names from Facebook, Twitter on Spokeo, Spokeo lists where folks live and where they work!

Old 04-02-2018, 07:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
"He deserved it for being stupid."

The same could be said for her. In 2018 how could anyone not realize posting something like this on Facebook would lead to trouble?

Wasn't she already moving out of California to Utah? It was the last week of her 2 week notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies